Recent Topics

Ads

Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Earthcake

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#41 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:56 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:14 pm
So get your energy drink at hand, prepare yourself to sweat and suffer, and learn to play better, day after day, hour after hour... Soon you will get to enjoy the good player you had become, and know good success in RoR jungle.... ;)
I like your answer, but sadly i think u r wrong.

They won t get any better playing the game since everytime they lose it s because of some external reason, like gear for exemple.
It s never due to mistakes, so no need to correct what doesn t exist.

Ads
shrredhn

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#42 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:53 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:14 pm Do you think every BiS veteran who obliterate you every time got everything handled in for free ? They had to suffer the same learning curve and indignities as you, probably even more back in the days because more bugs, less stable server, less gearing options and less BiS stuff back then.
They had to grind and sweat for weeks, months, even years, before getting to the level of play they have now.
And I bet they can still single-handledly solo other better geared people, because they know more than them.

No buff or other gearing shenanigan will even change that.
My zealot struggled mightily, he only had 3 piece invader before level 30. And I actually won 4 gold bags but got the belt twice. So much pain and struggle for the older players.

My BG had to do 2 cities in annihilator gear to afford a full vanq immediately after hitting 40. It was so rough.

dtjror

Post#43 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:25 pm

shrredhn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:09 pm
dtjror wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:52 pm Don’t you know how this game works now? You PvP until 40 and buy Conqueror because it’s cheap and avoids Gunbad (or do it and get Redeye if you’re a masochist I guess). You also should have saved up enough Genesis crests to buy 2 piece jewelry. 3rd jewel is T2 Emp influence. Weps can be T4 influence, or 39 PvP.

Then you do Beastlord for last jewel/back/book. Then you do C&T for full Sent. Then you do BS for full Bloodlord. Then, and only then, do you return to PvP and grind, grind, grind, grind for what will seem like forever to get crests and RR for end-game gear.

In other words, in a PvP focused game, you stop PvP completely at max level, and gear up exclusively through PVE, going from the worst PvP set (Conq) to the best (Sov), skipping 2 sets (Vanquisher and Invader), which are now completely obsolete.
Ah yeah roll with that healer in trash conq/sent/bloodlord gear to save crests. Great advice.
What? It’s called progression. Someone in full Conq (plus Genesis/BL) should be able to do C&T just fine. Someone in full Sent should be able to do BS just fine.

Who’s better off in PvP, someone in Conq or Bloodlord? Your suggestion is to PvP at 40 in Conq and work your way through the PvP sets? Talk about masochism. You have to do C&T for jewel anyway, and for many classes/builds BL weps are BIS. What’s the point of having Vanq/Invader while you go through that?

Duukar

Post#44 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:11 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:14 pm Just revert Renown nerf and everyone will be happy, saving same frustrated and self-centered players who want everything all at once without effort.

RoR could actually be the only one MMO where you can gear PvP stuff without doing THAT much PvP (dungeon stuff is a nice shortcut, like 4-5 days of casual play, and tadaa you can buy BiS with all your saved crests).

And stop bring on the same old excuse of experienced people against others, who will always wreck every pug they encounter, because they are more organized, experienced than others.
Gearing will do nothing against that, BiS unexperienced player still will be wrecked the same.

So please, enjoy the learning curve of the game, play for your own sake to get more experienced, learn the ropes, get to know the tricks and master your class.

Then, yes, optimizing your gear could make a difference. At the very end.

Do you think every BiS veteran who obliterate you every time got everything handled in for free ? They had to suffer the same learning curve and indignities as you, probably even more back in the days because more bugs, less stable server, less gearing options and less BiS stuff back then.
They had to grind and sweat for weeks, months, even years, before getting to the level of play they have now.
And I bet they can still single-handledly solo other better geared people, because they know more than them.

No buff or other gearing shenanigan will even change that.

So get your energy drink at hand, prepare yourself to sweat and suffer, and learn to play better, day after day, hour after hour... Soon you will get to enjoy the good player you had become, and know good success in RoR jungle.... ;)
You missed the entire point of my post sitting on your high horse. Its very evident that you dont want any new players to JOIN RoR. Especially if they will enjoy less gear gap than you had "growing up".

The reality is that new players walk in and have fun in T3 and then walk out in T4. BiS would still be BiS and give advantage over buffed Vanq and Conq and invader(which is currently skipped).

So the real question is.... What are you scared of? Losing to a newer player?

Duukar

Post#45 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:16 pm

Helwer wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:49 am So basically all want to be rr80 with bis gear with no work for it.
Maybe that's the way for Warhammer. No more Grinds, just play rvr and after 1 year everybody is bored to hell cause it is still all the same. Organized wbs will stomp Pugs in bis gear. Probably a bit slower but it will still be the very same, don't be fooled.
Some things need to be improved. HV for example is almost dead after all changes making it obsolete although it is a good set for many but doesn't grant wards.

I have "only" 1 80+ and some 60+ and below. I know how long it takes and hard it can be. But i also know that it will not change anything by giving all the same gear and renown. Highly organizes groups will keep winning, Zerg will keep winning in a 2 Fraktion game. It is so easy to get gear and renown nowadays. Just enjoy the game.
I absolutely disagree. The biggest imbalance is found in T4 SCs and then Orvr. If you buffed conq/vanq/inv you would at least get to use a few more GCDs. Maybe pop a detaunt or hit a KB or KD or at least something. Lower players need a CHANCE to survive the KD.

This type of buff would have the biggest effect on SCs and less so in Orvr. Yes organized BiS groups will still stomp, no doubt. Less so and might even make for more of a challenge. Challenge = fun...

In addition a change like this would make having an alt far far less painful and even fun! The grind still lives on to get in BiS. BiS still gives an advantage.

So the real question becomes... What are you afraid of?

lumpi33

Post#46 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:23 pm

I think that the gearing up and sets are perfectly fine as they are. It's really not hard at all to get them. Yes it takes some time but that's how it should be. Lower sets are easier to get, higher sets harder.

Only change Id like to see is war crests being tradeable between characters like the lotd resources and maybe a bit lower price of the ranked ring. Like 6666 instead of 9999.

A good group setup has a much bigger impact on everything than better gear. The difference between vanq and triumphant is neglectable. So is the difference between triumph and sov. In some cases triumph is even better. The gear is not the reason you are being farmed... It's mostly the players, classes and setup, less the gear.

Morradin

Post#47 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:23 am

Telther wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:41 am
Tanski wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm Or just revert renown nerf. Gear acquisition is very easy now, renown is the barrier. 1-80 takes forever

THIS!!!! So much
Could not agree more.

Buffing conq/Vanq/Inv is also a good idea.

shrredhn

Post#48 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:34 am

dtjror wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:25 pm
dtjror wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:52 pm Don’t you know how this game works now? You PvP until 40 and buy Conqueror because it’s cheap and avoids Gunbad (or do it and get Redeye if you’re a masochist I guess). You also should have saved up enough Genesis crests to buy 2 piece jewelry. 3rd jewel is T2 Emp influence. Weps can be T4 influence, or 39 PvP.

Then you do Beastlord for last jewel/back/book. Then you do C&T for full Sent. Then you do BS for full Bloodlord. Then, and only then, do you return to PvP and grind, grind, grind, grind for what will seem like forever to get crests and RR for end-game gear.

In other words, in a PvP focused game, you stop PvP completely at max level, and gear up exclusively through PVE, going from the worst PvP set (Conq) to the best (Sov), skipping 2 sets (Vanquisher and Invader), which are now completely obsolete.
Ah yeah roll with that healer in trash conq/sent/bloodlord gear to save crests. Great advice.
What? It’s called progression. Someone in full Conq (plus Genesis/BL) should be able to do C&T just fine. Someone in full Sent should be able to do BS just fine.

Who’s better off in PvP, someone in Conq or Bloodlord? Your suggestion is to PvP at 40 in Conq and work your way through the PvP sets? Talk about masochism. You have to do C&T for jewel anyway, and for many classes/builds BL weps are BIS. What’s the point of having Vanq/Invader while you go through that?
Not getting vanq on your healer is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I don't care what prereqs you get.

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#49 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:00 am

shrredhn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:34 am

Not getting vanq on your healer is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I don't care what prereqs you get.
Not getting vanq is perfectly fine, and I'd very much like to hear your reasoning on why it shouldn't be.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sinisterror

Post#50 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:12 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:00 am
shrredhn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:34 am

Not getting vanq is perfectly fine, and I'd very much like to hear your reasoning on why it shouldn't be.
Vanq is second best healer set in game? well if you dont count Triump/Vict. Ap proc + lesser cast times proc is easily better than everything except full sove for SH/AM. Crit immunity for you + def target along with AP proc = Nice. But Full Vanq on any healer is really good and you will perform better than people in BiS who are not as good players.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz