Recent Topics

Ads

Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Duukar

Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:40 pm

Very simple suggestion to remove one of the biggest barriers to entry this game has. Implementing this suggestion will make obtaining and retaining new players MUCH easier. It will also lead to less "full stomp" SCs and City instances while retaining the reward for the hard work of getting Sov and BiS. This will also make the process of making an alt MUCH more enjoyable for established players. It's a Win-Win.

Please consider HEAVILY buffing Conq and Vanq gear. Consider a moderate buff to Invader gear. This proposal is specifically about the PvP sets.

Where we are now -

A full Conq player with a few pieces of genesis and maybe a Madcap weapon and an SC weapon will get toyed with and completely annihilated by a player in BiS. Undeniable facts. In WB play the conq player is viewed as a liability and the numbers will reflect why. - Most new players don't make it here. Those that do will likely still quit after repeated stomping.

A full Vanq player is miles above conq but still cant touch the numbers of an equally skilled BiS player and lacks major survivability which comes from BiS. They can put out decent numbers, but will get picked on and abused once its discovered they are in Vanq. Especially true in city. - This is a dedicated player at this point. They have taken the time to learn their character and likely have a guild and some allies. Maybe 1 in 20 new players ever make it here. Many of these will quit once they realize the further grind in front of them.

A full Invader player is rare these days. The set is entirely under utilized.

The Proposal - PvP gear only

1. Heavily buff Conq gear to at least be as strong as vanquisher is currently.

2. Heavily buff Vanq gear to be at least as strong if not stronger than Invader gear is now.

3. Buff Invader gear to be equal to Warlord gear with the disadvantage of the missing backslot.

The Advantages -

1. Far less gear gap between newer players and established players. More good fights. Less stomps. Easier to learn due to living longer.
2. New players have a chance to form groups and play in a coordinated manner and actually compete.
3. Less barriers to WB entry for new players. Likely the old "looking for XXX for WB 60+" will change into "50+"
4. Making an Alt will be more fun, more rewarding, and easier. (more SCs, more ORvR more PvE)
5. Honors the established players by maintaining the strength of current BiS set ups.
6. Reduces the penalty for casual play.
7. A more fair and equitable gaming experience for all. Even established players don't enjoy full stomping noobs.
8. PvE will be more fun for dedicated PvP players as their sets will perform more strongly vs. PvE set ups in dungeon content.
9. Less barriers to trying out new group set ups and playstyles.
10. Easier for guilds to establish a set up on both sides.

The Disadvantages -

1. Established players may feel their hard work is being given away to newer players.
2. PvE will be thrown into imbalance with PvP sets being much better then the PvE gear counter parts. (maybe a good thing?)
3. Potential for abuse from high skill coordinated players rapidly making FoTM set ups and stomping SCs. (again maybe a good thing as new metas are fun)
4. Easier for guilds to establish a set up on both sides.
5. Potentially lower TTK as lower level players will do more dmg.

I hope you enjoyed reading my proposal. Nothing is written in stone and the devs should feel free to take this idea and make it their own.

Thank you.

Ads
Ashoris

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#2 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:52 pm

Everything that removes disparity due to equip is welcomed :) !

I would also suggest to make currency account bound not char bound .. (you only punish the people who actually logging whats missing instead logging the 2397464 dps while tanks or healers are missing).

and give a account bound currency for PvE stuff so people can join with whats needed but get equip for the toon they want to play !

(keep in mind everything in this game is centered around 2/2/2 except class distribution is 3/6/3)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Shogun4138

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#3 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:25 pm

Just no.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Toggle

Post#4 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Full sov on multiple toons here, and you 100% have my support. I can’t see any logical reason to argue against it other than the work required by the devs to make those adjustments while also trying to implement the new ability system. Even then, it can and should be put on the list.

Personally, I’d like to keep playing RoR, and we need people joining (and staying) in order for this thing to keep rolling along.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Tanski

Post#5 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm

Or just revert renown nerf. Gear acquisition is very easy now, renown is the barrier. 1-80 takes forever
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Tuxedo013

Post#6 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 am

I suggested in some previous topic about making Tier 3 range from CR lvl35 up to RR50 making Vanquisher lvl gear entry to Tier 4 scenarios.
Couple of problems could arise with this change which might include code messing,population numbers (longer que times) etc....

Akalukz

Post#7 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:32 am

make boster RR65 stats
-= Agony =-

Telther

Post#8 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:41 am

Tanski wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm Or just revert renown nerf. Gear acquisition is very easy now, renown is the barrier. 1-80 takes forever

THIS!!!! So much

Ads
fuzzbunny

Post#9 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:41 am

As a new player it sounds like I'm in a world of hurt once I hit 40. It's a shame too because im having such a good time healing in mid teir. How likely is it that devs would make the change OP is suggesting?

Detangler

Post#10 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:14 am

fuzzbunny wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:41 am As a new player it sounds like I'm in a world of hurt once I hit 40. It's a shame too because im having such a good time healing in mid teir. How likely is it that devs would make the change OP is suggesting?
As a healer, you'll be fine. In scenarios you'll be squishy so slot all wounds talismans to survive the knocdowns. Its the DPS and the 2h tanks that feel it the most because they go from CR 39 gods in scenarios to noodle-wavers. Just zerg surf oRvR warbands for a bit and you'll get CR 60 soon enough.

The sky isn't falling, but all the altoholics like to say it is.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable