Recent Topics

Ads

Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aluviya

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#21 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:32 pm

I absolutely agree with the idea of making HV at least compareable to other dungeons in terms of the runs that are needed to get all pieces. Additionally the ring needs either the option to slot in a soulstone talisman or may not be slot 3 exclusive (which would actually be even better in terms of allowing different set combinations) . The argumentation here is also quite simple :you'd need only 4 runs of city dungeons to get a better ring that can harness a soul stone talisman VS the requirement to build 7 groups (which is already very unlikely given that the set is not really useful for most classes) and a ring that has a higher item level but only because an adequate calculation is not implemented yet for items that have a talisman slot. We need overall a better consistency here with stats to calculate item level (check screens) - +3 AP is currently way more powerful for a healer than +1% lesser armor penetration (which is like no bonus at all compared to how much armor penetration most classes get only by slotting 1 tactic or from abilities) and hit point regeneration for a set that is clearly a healer set...

Ads
uanaka

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#22 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 am

The purpose of this post was to bring this situation to light.

That this is missing from any of the current wards, and that this is an antiquated system in that it still requires 7 runs. My hope was to decrease the number of runs required, ideally to less than or equal to 4. Additionally, it would be to include this into the wards system.

I firmly stand on the idea that this should be invader, if not at least vanq. I don't want to get too scope creepy here and demand that the sets should be rebalanced and stuff. I think the sets themselves are fine, seeing as most people are mixing set bonuses anyways. I'm also not nearly intelligent enough to even begin suggesting reasonable changes to sets.

I do agree that either the ring is not locked to Jewel 3 slot, or give it a talisman slot to justify it.