Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
User avatar
inoeth
Posts: 324

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#11 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm Just give HV the Stalwart Soulstone quest and the set becomes much more available since people will run it.
nop since you can obtain soulstones via rvr there is no reason to do silly pve

on the other hand if there ring would have a talis slot or would be 4th slot the whole set would become much more appreciated. right now there is just a hand full of classes that are intereseted in the set which is a shame imo. i really like HV because its not a dark cave but a green forest with riddles :D but sadly besides its scenery and mechanic there is not reason to do it more than one time....

Ads
User avatar
Gladiolix
Posts: 116

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#12 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:08 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm
Gladiolix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm Just give HV the Stalwart Soulstone quest and the set becomes much more available since people will run it.
nop since you can obtain soulstones via rvr there is no reason to do silly pve
No reason if you don't need crests anymore. 30min dungeon run or 75 warcrests for the Stalwart Soulstone. I know which I'm picking if I I still need crests.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr84)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr83)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr82)

Nidhuk
Posts: 2

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#13 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:36 pm

I don't understand how a buggy zone as HV needs 7 runs. On paper its very fast and easy, if you have a pug its hit and miss if you finish it or not. Forever spawning dogs anyone? (Why cant the be reset with /partyresetinstance)

The gear should not require full completion of the whole dungeon to pick up the next part of the quest. I've done HV 5 times on my SW and only finished 3 pieces. It's utterly demoralizing having to rerun the whole thing just to be able to pick up the quest from the last piece of gear that you obtained...

Buggy mechanics are counterproductive for the dungeon and its almost impossible to find a group. Most of the time you end up with people on their first run and probably also their last after trying once a twice.

It's a shame for a Dungeon that's quite nice looking and has some cool mechanics.

User avatar
Vri
Posts: 503

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#14 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:03 am

I really like HV. The dung release event was pretty cool as well !

User avatar
Helwer
Posts: 56

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#15 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:09 am

Vri wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:03 am I really like HV. The dung release event was pretty cool as well !
That could be one way to resurrect HV recurring - "The great Hunt"-Events all 3 or 6 month with few tasks and rewards like sc or weekle rvr with pots and crests, maybe event-slot item, nothing special with lots of work in it. You can win cool stuff inside the dungeon as well like the cape or pets. Keeps the vale-walker set and dungeon in mind of newer players and at least 2 time-slots a year to get it done and find groups easier.

User avatar
Vri
Posts: 503

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#16 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:08 pm

Helwer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:09 am
Vri wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:03 am I really like HV. The dung release event was pretty cool as well !
That could be one way to resurrect HV recurring - "The great Hunt"-Events all 3 or 6 month with few tasks and rewards like sc or weekle rvr with pots and crests, maybe event-slot item, nothing special with lots of work in it. You can win cool stuff inside the dungeon as well like the cape or pets. Keeps the vale-walker set and dungeon in mind of newer players and at least 2 time-slots a year to get it done and find groups easier.
I like your idea !

User avatar
Phantasm
Posts: 469

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#17 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:06 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm
Gladiolix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm Just give HV the Stalwart Soulstone quest and the set becomes much more available since people will run it.
nop since you can obtain soulstones via rvr there is no reason to do silly pve

on the other hand if there ring would have a talis slot or would be 4th slot the whole set would become much more appreciated. right now there is just a hand full of classes that are intereseted in the set which is a shame imo. i really like HV because its not a dark cave but a green forest with riddles :D but sadly besides its scenery and mechanic there is not reason to do it more than one time....
This. Valewalker compete with sentinel for jewel slot and all know how easy is to do BB/BE now. Also I dont understand shammy/zeal get heal set of Hunters Vale but DoK only shitty shield bonuses. Make it a 4 heal set, change jewel, add wards and u got nice looking interesting aoe fest dungeon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuS ... sp=sharing

pawnsacrifice
Posts: 15

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#18 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:41 am

Phantasm wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:06 pm
inoeth wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm
Gladiolix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm Just give HV the Stalwart Soulstone quest and the set becomes much more available since people will run it.
nop since you can obtain soulstones via rvr there is no reason to do silly pve

on the other hand if there ring would have a talis slot or would be 4th slot the whole set would become much more appreciated. right now there is just a hand full of classes that are intereseted in the set which is a shame imo. i really like HV because its not a dark cave but a green forest with riddles :D but sadly besides its scenery and mechanic there is not reason to do it more than one time....
This. Valewalker compete with sentinel for jewel slot and all know how easy is to do BB/BE now. Also I dont understand shammy/zeal get heal set of Hunters Vale but DoK only shitty shield bonuses. Make it a 4 heal set, change jewel, add wards and u got nice looking interesting aoe fest dungeon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuS ... sp=sharing
I agree with everything you said but I just want to mention for people looking to run it bring your best single target game. It's not as much AoE as people think. It's a boss speed run, and you especially need a ton of ST dmg for the portal phases at the end boss. I've ran a ton of HV and lately the pugs want to bring a lot of AoE and we end up not getting the timer, which you need for the last piece of the set(when it works).

Ads
User avatar
Aethilmar
Posts: 531

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#19 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:32 am

How long does it take to run the dungeon and what is the lockout on it?

How long does it take to get the approximately 4600 crests for the Invader set?

I would say 100 crests per hour of play is probably a fair (best case) given the vagaries of war or scenarios so lets call it 46 hours of playtime for Invader via PvP.

Does it take that long to complete 7 runs of HV?

User avatar
Sinisterror
Posts: 699

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#20 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:02 am

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:32 am How long does it take to run the dungeon and what is the lockout on it?

How long does it take to get the approximately 4600 crests for the Invader set?

I would say 100 crests per hour of play is probably a fair (best case) given the vagaries of war or scenarios so lets call it 46 hours of playtime for Invader via PvP.

Does it take that long to complete 7 runs of HV?
Agreed. Only thing HV/Vale-Walker needs is jewelry slot requirement removed. If on top of that they would add Proc's (New and exciting procs as well!) to Epic wpns dropping there it would be Dungeon i would do first on alot of chars. This would probably require very little effort?

Edit; Vale-Walker also has very weird bonuses on some:E All tanks get like Copy-paste (I hate these Copy-paste sets... lazy) Take SM for example With 3 sets having Armour debuff on them. Ib beastlord has parry + 180% Resis debuff which would be great For SM in Vale-walker but increased to 220 Resis. Also replace block bonus with Parry. And get creative, 6-pc set bonus could add 5 second duration to Eagles Flight.

Where are set bonuses Like Increasing 20% dmg to your target but reduces 20% for everyone else, sorc had this In Live Warlord set. Or Purge Now removes 2 Additional Effects, Wp had this in live Warlord. Some tanks had interrupt added on challenge set bonus, and other tanks had 1000 dmg on taunt.

The more Procs and set bonuses there are the better. It is really this simple. And they should stack in someway. Fast example; If Ib has str buff or potion then Ancestors Fury should Add 60 out of 120 str and same with Set procs. Tactic Stat buffs should always fully stack. Atm Chosen has chance to passively buff toughness and str for about 300 on themselves and i agree that Aura's should stack with Tactic stat buffs.

But just give Kotbs old Runefang back i mean you gave chosen the better version of Runefang because Kotbs can increase 1 Stat with Runefang/Aura and Chosen 2. Old Runefang back to core tactic at lvl 15 and Mighty soul back ( but Leave AA out of it this time)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JIM67 and 3 guests