Recent Topics

Ads

Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
uanaka

Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:15 am

So let's talk about an element of a heavily overlooked aspect of this game, PVE. In particular, an overlooked element of an already overlooked aspect, Hunter's Vale and the Vale Walker gear set.

I know that when it was first instituted, it was meant to be a catch up gear set from Beast Lord, to be "Invader-quality". Unfortunately, with the ward changes, Vale Walker isn't considered as a ward-unlocking gear set. Additionally, with the PVE changes to the other dungeons bringing down the max needed runs to 4 (City Dungeon and Bastion Stairs), Hunter's Vale is still stuck in the old ages requiring 7 runs. Is there any particular reason for that?

Seems a bit silly and unfortunate for the time to go into development for the dungeon and gear set and it is all but forgotten about within a few short months of release. There's so many complaints about "gear creep" and PVE has provided a viable bridge to gear up quickly and allowing players to save up crests for their end game RVR sets in Sov/Warlord.

1. Decreasing the number of HV runs will bring it in line with the other PVE dungeons. Compress the quests down, so that you can potentially get 2 pieces/run instead of just 1 piece/run. Have 1 piece obtainable from the NPC inside after a "wing boss" kill, and then 1 piece obtainable after the final boss from the NPC outside of the dungeon. You can lock the jewelry piece again to a PVP quest if you needed.

2. Include Vale Walker as part of the Invader Ward. So if people absolutely hate the idea of bastion stairs as their sole PVE option, HV can be substituted instead.

From a heavily concerned player who has too much time to think about PVE things.

Ads
FFNation

Re: Why is Hunters Vale/Vale Walker Gear still gated behind 7?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:05 am

I'm down with this. The more gear sets/options the better.

I don't even know what vale walker is.

All I see people asking for is Gunbad, Bilerot BB/BE, and then Bastion stairs. Maybe sometimes BeastLord.

If there's another set vale walker, makes sense it would be the same as the other dungeons above. Unless of course the gear is way better than BS, maybe that's why it's still at 7 and not 4.

I'm still new, don't know a lot about game yet. Just giving my perspective t help game better for all players.

Darks63

Post#3 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:21 am

FFNation wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:05 am I'm down with this. The more gear sets/options the better.

I don't even know what vale walker is.

All I see people asking for is Gunbad, Bilerot BB/BE, and then Bastion stairs. Maybe sometimes BeastLord.

If there's another set vale walker, makes sense it would be the same as the other dungeons above. Unless of course the gear is way better than BS, maybe that's why it's still at 7 and not 4.

I'm still new, don't know a lot about game yet. Just giving my perspective t help game better for all players.
Vale walker is basically Upgraded Beastlord its bis for very few classes/builds tho so most pass on it.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Waaghtastic

Post#4 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:16 am

As far as I know it grants decent 2/3 set pieces bonuses and includes a ring. It would be a nice gap filler to combine it with Beastlord, Vanquisher and other sets.

... but I was always too lazy to go 7 times into the instance to get the ring thus I always skipped it.

I would also welcome to have the bar lowered to get the full vale walker set.

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm

uanaka wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:15 am
Spoiler:
So let's talk about an element of a heavily overlooked aspect of this game, PVE. In particular, an overlooked element of an already overlooked aspect, Hunter's Vale and the Vale Walker gear set.

I know that when it was first instituted, it was meant to be a catch up gear set from Beast Lord, to be "Invader-quality". Unfortunately, with the ward changes, Vale Walker isn't considered as a ward-unlocking gear set. Additionally, with the PVE changes to the other dungeons bringing down the max needed runs to 4 (City Dungeon and Bastion Stairs), Hunter's Vale is still stuck in the old ages requiring 7 runs. Is there any particular reason for that?

Seems a bit silly and unfortunate for the time to go into development for the dungeon and gear set and it is all but forgotten about within a few short months of release. There's so many complaints about "gear creep" and PVE has provided a viable bridge to gear up quickly and allowing players to save up crests for their end game RVR sets in Sov/Warlord.

1. Decreasing the number of HV runs will bring it in line with the other PVE dungeons. Compress the quests down, so that you can potentially get 2 pieces/run instead of just 1 piece/run. Have 1 piece obtainable from the NPC inside after a "wing boss" kill, and then 1 piece obtainable after the final boss from the NPC outside of the dungeon. You can lock the jewelry piece again to a PVP quest if you needed.

2. Include Vale Walker as part of the Invader Ward. So if people absolutely hate the idea of bastion stairs as their sole PVE option, HV can be substituted instead.

From a heavily concerned player who has too much time to think about PVE things.
Hmm... not sure what makes you say PvE is neglected..

1. VW is attractive, because so far it's one of the only PvE sets that's on par with PvP sets for the main spec, making it attractive for those that intend to skip PvP gear until sov.

That being said, 2 items per quest/run + the last as a timed run would be nice, 7 runs is a bit excessive when the ring is so bad.

2. I'm not for adding VW to invader ward (especially with reduced runs), as the dungeon is 2-3 times faster to run than BS.
You'd also need to replace the beastlord ward requirement for VW with Vanq otherwise you'd be skipping a tier, if it gave the invader ward.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

uanaka

Post#6 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:16 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm
uanaka wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:15 am
Spoiler:

Hmm... not sure what makes you say PvE is neglected..

1. VW is attractive, because so far it's one of the only PvE sets that's on par with PvP sets for the main spec, making it attractive for those that intend to skip PvP gear until sov.

That being said, 2 items per quest/run + the last as a timed run would be nice, 7 runs is a bit excessive when the ring is so bad.

2. I'm not for adding VW to invader ward (especially with reduced runs), as the dungeon is 2-3 times faster to run than BS.
You'd also need to replace the beastlord ward requirement for VW with Vanq otherwise you'd be skipping a tier, if it gave the invader ward.
Well to be fair, I never said PVE is neglected. I think it's an appropriate amount of PVE in a largely PVP oriented game. What I am saying is that it is largely overlooked by the playerbase because they refuse to touch anything not PVP despite it serving as a very viable way of gearing up for PVP purposes. I apologize if that difference is not clear in my initial post.

I'm all for cutting down the number of runs. And the only reason I mentioned including VW to the invader ward is because although it's faster to run than BS, players will still run BS for the influence weapons regardless.

I don't think you'd need to replace the beastlord ward up to vanq, just specify that it requires vanq ward AND beastlord too.

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:13 pm

uanaka wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:16 pm ...
Oh nevermind, guess I made the wrong assumption on who you meant it was overlooked by..

Don't remember how it worked on live, but thematically it could make sense to make the wards:
Beastlord = conq (or ruin), HV/VW = Vanq and Lost Vale = invader
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

vigilantsoul

Post#8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:30 pm

would be nice if ring had talisman slot too or could be used in other slot than slot 3

Ads
Helwer

Post#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:42 pm

HV is really dead atm. When it stays outside the ward-systems it should be done in 2 runs - one for the 6 parts, one (timed) for the ring. Also slot 3 for the ring we should think about - it is not even close to BB/BE, Vic/Triumph, make it free like BL or add Talisman-slot. Otherwise similar to bb/be or make the ring influence-reward. Most players don't even know about the set, pitty.

Gladiolix

Post#10 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm

Just give HV the Stalwart Soulstone quest and the set becomes much more available since people will run it.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+