Recent Topics

Ads

Separate Small Scale and Warbands

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mvl130

Separate Small Scale and Warbands

Post#1 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:34 pm

I and many other players do not enjoy the warband AoE meta and prefer to play in small parties with people we know. But currently the game is barely playable in small scale due to the either organized or pug warbands who simply jump on you as 12+, leaving you no chance at all and giving you a nice teleport back to warcamp until you end up against another or the same warband 3 minutes later. It makes the RvR tedious and boring to play, unchallenging.

Currently also, there are constantly 2 RvR Lakes open, with pretty much all the time one being blobfest, the other being dead empty. So my suggestion would be to lock one RvR Lake for Warbands only, and the other for solo and parties only. This way, small scale players can do something else with their playtime than being a free kill for any random zerg they encounter while roaming.

Ads
waerter

Re: Separate Small Scale and Warbands

Post#2 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:10 pm

Hi Mvl130,
I can understand and feel your feedback. I think the easy solution for you/your group would be to switch to the "dead" zone. Because this zone is often not really "dead" but you will find individual players and small groups who roam there or run supps.
Another alternative is to wait for WE or WH at the usual gank spots. It usually doesn't take long until 2-5 of these nice contemporaries unmask themselves to kill a possible victim.
If you know where to look, you can still have fun as a small group today. You have to stay away from the blob and have to live with the fact that not quite as many coins/reputation comes around as if you would running with the zerg.

lemao

Post#3 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:32 pm

Nah, RVR just needs to be reworked, as stated many times before.
Bo´s need to be made more important so blobbing as 3 warbands acually punishes you that way. Nowdays as a 6 man in RVR you basically have to zerg surf or you get zerged down yourself. Not having certain renown specs available like on live doesn´t help either.

Cyrylius

Post#4 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:22 pm

As much as it is a dangerous topic, lotd seemingly fixed the issue by creating a gameplay where smallscale groups can play on their own rules. And it was initially made as a test, to check various mechanics to potentially implement in orvr. So there are at least some efforts made to rework orvr, you just have to wait until the current big rework (ability system) is finished.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Mvl130

Post#5 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:09 pm

I'm going to up my post since this idea stills seem relevant to me, I don't understand what is the point of trying to roam around with some friends when you get constantly jumped on by pug warbands who got nothing better to do with their playtime than "fighting" 24vs3, and are rewarded for doing so

Emissary
Community Management

Post#6 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:48 pm

In before Necro thread, lock :)
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:19 pm

Isn't this the thrill of solo-6man roaming, having to expect a WB behind every corner?
The joy of escaping a warband or even killing some overextending pug warband players is priceless.
Dying is no option.

heybaws

Post#8 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:19 pm Isn't this the thrill of solo-6man roaming, having to expect a WB behind every corner?
The joy of escaping a warband or even killing some overextending pug warband players is priceless.
Chasing down solo players is fun, entertaining, challenging. Being chased by 12mans or full wbs is tedious and boring to play, unchallenging.

Ads
Mvl130

Post#9 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:18 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:19 pm Isn't this the thrill of solo-6man roaming, having to expect a WB behind every corner?
:lol:

Lilim
Community Management

Post#10 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:19 pm

Emissary wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:48 pm In before Necro thread, lock :)

+100 points to Gryffindor!

/Closed before someone get hurt