Recent Topics

Ads

Fixing Fundamental Reward Problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Absinth

Re: Fixing Fundamental Reward Problem

Post#11 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:22 am

Garamore wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:29 am Top end play doesnt care about rps as you are all ready rr80 and bis.
And yet somehow the game always falls back to the countless blob meat grinding for the renown points during eu times...
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:06 am

Absinth wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:22 am
Garamore wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:29 am Top end play doesnt care about rps as you are all ready rr80 and bis.
And yet somehow the game always falls back to the countless blob meat grinding for the renown points during eu times...
ofc it does when people care about their k/d and maybe some other stats. even tho most of them wont admit that to you :)

Toshutkidup

Post#13 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 am

I would say for majority of the "premade" or "coordinated" Wb's that play on both sides, RR/XP/INF/Crest gain isnt the objective. its a "ego" boost knowing that the majority of people they fight stand almost no chance in beating them so they just farm them over and over again. of course its also the players fault for "feeding" them non stop aka WC campers that sit near WC and just kill over and over aka Praag.There is a reason why zones like Praag with 100+ players both sides a solo, duo or even 3 man can run around map and see almost zero people until they approach MS and there you see 100+ v 100 + "kill trade " endlessly. Or push to WC, retreat to MS, Push WC, retreat MS rinse repeat 1000x times. And if anyone brings up a siege attempt, those same WB's then say na, dont siege, the pvp is too good dont ruin it. What they really mean is dont end this cuz we are farming uncoordinated PuGs endlessly and we dont want it to end even if the majority of other players would. Again its why you see when or if someone does spawn a ram, those same WB leaders then state " we wont support siege" in hoping the siege fails, ram dies and they can continue the easy ego boost of going 80-5 or something K/D. These are the same Leaders that when cities could be pushed by taking zones, we had 2/3 cities a day as they would ask for sieges so again they could farm PuGs in city and then not invite or include 80% of the population that helped them achieve city anyway.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Fallenkezef

Post#14 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:59 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 am I would say for majority of the "premade" or "coordinated" Wb's that play on both sides, RR/XP/INF/Crest gain isnt the objective. its a "ego" boost knowing that the majority of people they fight stand almost no chance in beating them so they just farm them over and over again. of course its also the players fault for "feeding" them non stop aka WC campers that sit near WC and just kill over and over aka Praag.There is a reason why zones like Praag with 100+ players both sides a solo, duo or even 3 man can run around map and see almost zero people until they approach MS and there you see 100+ v 100 + "kill trade " endlessly. Or push to WC, retreat to MS, Push WC, retreat MS rinse repeat 1000x times. And if anyone brings up a siege attempt, those same WB's then say na, dont siege, the pvp is too good dont ruin it. What they really mean is dont end this cuz we are farming uncoordinated PuGs endlessly and we dont want it to end even if the majority of other players would. Again its why you see when or if someone does spawn a ram, those same WB leaders then state " we wont support siege" in hoping the siege fails, ram dies and they can continue the easy ego boost of going 80-5 or something K/D. These are the same Leaders that when cities could be pushed by taking zones, we had 2/3 cities a day as they would ask for sieges so again they could farm PuGs in city and then not invite or include 80% of the population that helped them achieve city anyway.
What does the average RoR player and electricity have in common? They follow the path of least resistance. The only time I've had fun in rvr is when it's pug v pug and you see actualy fights and proper siege defence.

Contrary to the myth that pugs don't know what they are doing, we have some very good pug leaders who motivate and direct their WBs, use region chat and get stuck in. Then, as Toshutkidup points out, one of the big guilds rolls in with a Bis rr70+ wb that just roflstomps and refuses to siege because they want their names on the killboard.
Alea iacta est

Caduceus

Post#15 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:59 pm

What does the average RoR player and electricity have in common? They follow the path of least resistance. The only time I've had fun in rvr is when it's pug v pug and you see actualy fights and proper siege defence.

Contrary to the myth that pugs don't know what they are doing, we have some very good pug leaders who motivate and direct their WBs, use region chat and get stuck in. Then, as Toshutkidup points out, one of the big guilds rolls in with a Bis rr70+ wb that just roflstomps and refuses to siege because they want their names on the killboard.

Well, no.

I happen to be in one of those "big guilds", and we rarely siege because it's boring as hell and unrewarding. We try to have fair 1-on-1 fights against other strong warbands, but almost all opposition will join the zerg after wiping once or twice.

To some extent this is unavoidable. A better reward system that gives players a bigger reward for taking down high rr players will at least provide some much-needed motivation to continue playing in the face of adversity.

Also, even many high rr players play for a sense of character progression, even if gear/renown wise their characters are at the max. Renown still matters to high renown players who are interested in continuing the climb beyond rr80. I've often suggested expanding the rewards obtainable at higher renown, like cosmetics, titles, etc.

In any case, the most important thing is that the reward system properly rewards the amount of effort that is put in. You're right in the idea that players tend to choose the path of least resistance, because choosing the harder path takes a lot of effort. Players expect to be rewarded for that effort, and currently they are not, so they won't choose it.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Tyrex2017

Post#16 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:04 pm

First step: make crest Bound to account. This will help players equip their alt. Most of my alts are parked in the RR70 because I get bored of the ridge grind. With the Account Linked crest, I will be able to transfer crests from my hand to my alts.

Toshutkidup

Post#17 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Caduceus wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Well, no.

I happen to be in one of those "big guilds", and we rarely siege because it's boring as hell and unrewarding. We try to have fair 1-on-1 fights against other strong warbands, but almost all opposition will join the zerg after wiping once or twice.
In general what I find most hilarious about statements when “large” guilds or “leaders” like this is they say sieges are boring , the open field combat is more fun. But when cities could be pushed just by taking 2 forts you had these same large guilds or leaders demanding zones be pushed so we had zones that would open and be shut in a hour or less, just so a city could be triggered multiple times a day as open field fighting was “boring” Then when city was opened majority of the people that helped the cause were never invited or couldn’t be invited to a city siege due to level requirement and had zero content until city was done. Then on top of that these same large guilds and or leaders then realized they could avoid fighting another organized opposition in city and just wanted to rofl stomp unorganized pugs. NOW that city has been changed, now some of these same leaders or guilds claim orvr is stale or sieges are boring.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Evilspinnre

Post#18 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:59 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 am Mindless drivel
Keep on that copium mate
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
Garamore

Post#19 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:58 pm

Absinth wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:22 am
Again the top end are rr80+ bis and dont care about rps. I grind rps outside of eu prime time on alts and lead on my rr86 mara during it.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Garamore

Post#20 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:03 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:44 pm
Caduceus wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Well, no.

In general what I find most hilarious about statements when “large” guilds or “leaders” like this is they say sieges are boring , the open field combat is more fun. But when cities could be pushed just by taking 2 forts you had these same large guilds or leaders demanding zones be pushed so we had zones that would open and be shut in a hour or less, just so a city could be triggered multiple times a day as open field fighting was “boring” Then when city was opened majority of the people that helped the cause were never invited or couldn’t be invited to a city siege due to level requirement and had zero content until city was done. Then on top of that these same large guilds and or leaders then realized they could avoid fighting another organized opposition in city and just wanted to rofl stomp unorganized pugs. NOW that city has been changed, now some of these same leaders or guilds claim orvr is stale or sieges are boring.
Pushed zones to lock city to get a good 24v24. Now that you don't need to, the campaign is utterly meaningless and only reason to push a zone is to get to a better one.

Hell awaits for someone that pushes Praag whereas I would gladly pvdoor or let the other side pvdoor DW, BC, CW etc as they are truly awful zones for RvR due to one side hiding in keeps. The quicker you are out of those zones the better.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore