account wide stuff

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Re: account wide stuff

Post#11 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:02 pm

shrredhn wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:26 pm Account wide crests wouldn't matter too much, you'd still need to get the renown to equip the gear.
this would be very good. should also make the orvr weekly quest realm tracked instead of per toon.

these changes are so good for the game's longevity and player motivation to actually log in that they won't go through though. because of "core design principles" and all.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#12 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:28 am

Can't lie, being able to trade over crests to my alts or being able to move purple seeds and container's to my relevant characters would be great. The replay value is still there. It just means you can transfer excess crests over to a toon that actually needs it, and can progress a toon on a main (to a limited extent) without having to play your toon. Obviously you'd still have to play that toon to get the renown up. I can live without the crests though. The main thing is crafting containers and seeds for me.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

deepruntramp

Post#13 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:03 pm

Changing BoP items to BoA is a big design question. I’d just like to reduce the mailbox humping involved in moving already unbound items and currency between my own characters. That’s pure QoL.

nebelwerfer

Post#14 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:12 pm A lot of replay value in this game is the variety of different characters you can play. It's a design core, not a feature we want to pursue.
As you say, games strength lies in the diversity of the classes / archtypes and it has been incredibly fun to explore - yet the grind to bis is extremely favorable to the "1 char only" player.

Now thats an error, it makes the quality of the game worse. If one could play whatever was needed any given day without sacrificing progression on ones current "project" we'd all get to experience much more of what the game has to offer, and the roles would be more balanced because balanced wbs do better, thats incentive. Atm doing good doesnt matter because you always fail onwards on suboptimal toons.

Awful solo cities full of unfavorables and dps healers would be a thing of the past too, cuz people could log something viable to increase odds of winning while still progressing. Ofcourse, if all classes had viability on all areas of the game it would be good but this isn't a stated goal of the devs.

This has all been repeated ad nauseum i think, but its a topic worth bumping

shrredhn

Post#15 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:11 am

squiggastolemybike wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:03 am
shrredhn wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:26 pm Account wide crests wouldn't matter too much, you'd still need to get the renown to equip the gear.
Renown rank 78 is fairly easy to get. BoA war crests would just mean that players can play whatever they like at a given moment or play whatever their group needs and still benefit from the acquired war crests instead of pointlessly hoarding them on overgeared characters. In the old MMOs endgame gear was just lootable from bosses and tradeable, but seemingly after WoW has tainted the genre we get this BoP grindfest now usually in games.
To be clear, I think the game needs account wide crests for longevity.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:44 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:36 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:12 pm A lot of replay value in this game is the variety of different characters you can play. It's a design core, not a feature we want to pursue.
As you say, games strength lies in the diversity of the classes / archtypes and it has been incredibly fun to explore - yet the grind to bis is extremely favorable to the "1 char only" player.

Now thats an error, it makes the quality of the game worse. If one could play whatever was needed any given day without sacrificing progression on ones current "project" we'd all get to experience much more of what the game has to offer, and the roles would be more balanced because balanced wbs do better, thats incentive. Atm doing good doesnt matter because you always fail onwards on suboptimal toons.

Awful solo cities full of unfavorables and dps healers would be a thing of the past too, cuz people could log something viable to increase odds of winning while still progressing. Ofcourse, if all classes had viability on all areas of the game it would be good but this isn't a stated goal of the devs.

This has all been repeated ad nauseum i think, but its a topic worth bumping
Playing suboptimal specs in public groups where other people are playing optimal specs in an organized manner is going to give the expected results. Most hybrid specs are not strong enough in the dual dichotomy of their spec to be particularly efficient in either. They are novelty specs useful in limited situations and can be fun to challenge yourself. If you're running a healer in an end-game city, use your main healer spec. There's nothing wrong with classes having a primary function, healers are healers first and foremost. If you want to get the most out of a healer, play it as a healer. If you want to play a healer as a DPS, then imagine you've just turned the difficulty up two notches and enjoy the new challenge.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog