Recent Topics

Ads

Idears for improvements

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
darkt1981

Idears for improvements

Post#1 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:15 pm

Hi there,

I know you and me havent always seen eye to eye on stuff in this game, but yet i hope you (staff) will read this post and maybe find some idears a good idear.

- City siege's

1. Maybe it might be a idear to make a system where you can only do a city siege per account every 1 time per 2 weeks, seeing currently we can only get 5 groups in there and it seems its almost always the same groups, this staggers the progression for a lot of newer/lower geared players and would help in balance seeing it might be less premade full sov player vs newly lvl 40 in invader. Seeing that seems to be the issue currently.

2. Maybe make it so groups can't take more then a set number of dps/tanks/healer in there warband seeing currently we have group comming in with 80 % dps and 20 rest of the classes. This also makes it so a lot of classes cant get in. (yes i know 80 might be a bit extravagant its just a numer i came up with i dont have the numbers exactly).

- Side lock

1. Implement a system to stop people from changing from order to destro and the other way around, the current system isnt enough to stop cross realming, the best would even be locking Mac adresses to 1 account and 1 side an make it bannable if they bypass, but i do think i might be a bit late for that now. But maybe it might help.

2. Maybe make it even so that is one side has to many people online, you lock it so they must player the other side to balance the numbers out, giving people more fair fights and fun seeing the numbers will then even out. This would also stop the inbalance of cross realming seeing your cant have a 150 vs 50 people fights anymore)

- Idears

Some of these idears are not from me but people i talked to and we tried to brain storm about it.
If we find other idear and such i will try to update this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i do know not everybody will be happy with these changes, but the current state of the game is on the lacking end seeing where missing balanced fights and such in my opinion and some of the people i spoke to, en yes i talked to order and destro players.

But i do understand not everybody will like this, but lets try to keep i civil and just have a discussion without ranting.

Greetz,

Darkt1981 (Funeral/Dutchwise)

Ads
lemao

Re: Idears for improvements

Post#2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:22 pm

Terrible suggestions.

darkt1981

Post#3 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:24 pm

lemao wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:22 pm Terrible suggestions.
and why would that be so?

Absinth

Post#4 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:13 am

You get ""the same people"" because newer players usually dont know/dont care about city. (Even tho i would disagree with the fact that you get the same people over and over again as i honestly only was subject to that during NA times getting matched against jempire but then again NA pop is like 300-500 where EU is sometimes 1.2k)
During EU sieges you get even 7 instances and majority of people gets in, a lot of people make 2/2/2 parties/12mans to make sure they have okay set of people in but pug city is a thing and if you can lead it better than enemy pug leader you are gonna win 90% out of 100%.
(and the pug matchmaking is not really this bad, usually only last city gets borked because people soloq'd with more dps than tanks/healers)
I can't speak about rest because you wrote it in worst way possible and understanding even a 1/10th of it is near impossible. Soo going back to if its good suggestion or not? It's terrible. Why you want to lock sides when you have players that play only one side? what are they supposed to do then? not play the game? you want to kill pop or make everyone xrealmer?

Punishment mechanics are worse than reward mechanics, if you want to balance pop give people rr bonus or something that would make them want to switch and not because the game punishes you for playing the game.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Uchoo

Post#5 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:39 am

So your idea is to restrict people who have been actively playing the game for years from.. playing the game actively? This will make the new player experience better in what way?
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Gegga

Post#6 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:54 am

Git Gud.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

darkt1981

Post#7 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:45 am

Uchoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:39 am So your idea is to restrict people who have been actively playing the game for years from.. playing the game actively? This will make the new player experience better in what way?
in more balanced teams vs team fights instead of full sov vs low geared people and giving other a chance of going in stead of the same 5 warband every single time.

darkt1981

Post#8 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:48 am

Absinth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:13 am You get ""the same people"" because newer players usually dont know/dont care about city. (Even tho i would disagree with the fact that you get the same people over and over again as i honestly only was subject to that during NA times getting matched against jempire but then again NA pop is like 300-500 where EU is sometimes 1.2k)
During EU sieges you get even 7 instances and majority of people gets in, a lot of people make 2/2/2 parties/12mans to make sure they have okay set of people in but pug city is a thing and if you can lead it better than enemy pug leader you are gonna win 90% out of 100%.
(and the pug matchmaking is not really this bad, usually only last city gets borked because people soloq'd with more dps than tanks/healers)
I can't speak about rest because you wrote it in worst way possible and understanding even a 1/10th of it is near impossible. Soo going back to if its good suggestion or not? It's terrible. Why you want to lock sides when you have players that play only one side? what are they supposed to do then? not play the game? you want to kill pop or make everyone xrealmer?

Punishment mechanics are worse than reward mechanics, if you want to balance pop give people rr bonus or something that would make them want to switch and not because the game punishes you for playing the game.
7 instance if never seen more then 5 an i play like 12 hours a day xD

and no locking sides stops xrealming and forces people to play 1 side making the game overal more balanced, just like in live the xrealming is the big problem currently and thats what is killing the server, on Destro s ide more and more long time players /guild leaders are quiting/taking a break because of this issue.

So no Xrealming is a problem and if people think its not they are part of the problem seeing most of them are the xrealmers then.

Ads
darkt1981

Post#9 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:50 am

Gegga wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:54 am Git Gud.

Very contructive comment, please come again.
Last edited by darkt1981 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Everdin

Post#10 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:53 am

Where is the problem? Access is not limited by the Game. If you can't join the city it is because there are Not enough enemys and you play in the overpopulated realm. Instead of advocating for a lockout of other players to the overpopulated realm, you may Just switch to the underdog.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs