Recent Topics

Ads

Guild flag abuse

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: Guild flag abuse

Post#31 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:49 am

Avanos wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:36 pm
Endari wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:29 pm Aye I've been seeing the same thing a lot lately. WE usually with a name starting with a V, stealth up and bypasses postern. WE then finds a spot to hide long enough to de-stealth and pop banner and runs to punt everybody from oil. Probably in the rules? yes. Slightly skeevy? also yes.

That said whenever this WE is spotted a warning is usually broadcast to beware of punts so live and learn I guess :)
I encourage you all to think outside the box to counter this.

Now...

It has been a long time since I have laughed this hard at a quality meme troll post like I did here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
normanis

Post#32 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:04 am

its mean wh also can abuse rules and do same. just need more peeps known about it, and i am sure ppl will use it. lets keep this thread active ;-)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#33 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:06 am

Avanos wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:36 pm
Endari wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:29 pm Aye I've been seeing the same thing a lot lately. WE usually with a name starting with a V, stealth up and bypasses postern. WE then finds a spot to hide long enough to de-stealth and pop banner and runs to punt everybody from oil. Probably in the rules? yes. Slightly skeevy? also yes.

That said whenever this WE is spotted a warning is usually broadcast to beware of punts so live and learn I guess :)
I encourage you all to think outside the box to counter this.

Now...

your witch look somehow not elf , with beard white man. are u tranself? with glasses and old.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sarnai

Post#34 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:12 am

Clever stealthers have been punting people out of keeps with banners since before sov punt was ever even implemented. And with only 30 seconds of stealth! It's totally fine, and very easy to see coming.
WH looking for gunbad left

agemennon675

Post#35 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:28 am

It is just trolling and that banner add 0 value in terms of gameplay imo
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Avanos

Post#36 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:59 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:28 am It is just trolling and that banner add 0 value in terms of gameplay imo
Punting order off oil room/walls adds zero gameplay value.. Hmmm
Veretta the Witch Elf

CyunUnderis

Post#37 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:40 am

Why this thread is still going on ?

Everything has already be discussed :
- Check/protect postern
- Get hight initiative to increase chance of detection
- Don't put yourself in a situation where you can be punted (every keep has battlements on walls)
- Don't AFK on wall doing nothing important : 3 sc should be enough time to react for a punt on the WE before she punt or just move to somewhere safer

And finally, as Wargrimnir said, "We have not taken action on players getting onto walls, I don't intend to start."

So, move on.

thiefy

Post#38 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:59 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:40 am Why this thread is still going on ?
Why do other posts reach 10 and 20 pages :D
Anyway, on the thin line between smart/creative play and exploit, i believe this is on the smart/creative side
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:07 am

Avanos wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:59 am
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:28 am It is just trolling and that banner add 0 value in terms of gameplay imo
Punting order off oil room/walls adds zero gameplay value.. Hmmm
When you don't notice a WE/WH without stealth, holding a banner, you deserve to get punted. The moment they get on top of gatehouse they could get KD and then punted away. The banner makes immune to damage, not CC immune.
So it ofc adds value and it is totally fine if people get punted down. There are enough ways to counter it.
Dying is no option.

Absinth

Post#40 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:23 am

I don't get why this thread got started, like move your nice dwarven body and punt the WE out of the wall before she comes to the spot, and even if she is in place where she cant get punted just deploy a slayer (utilize rampage to attack her thru parry morale).

Banner punt and invincibility are great addition because it allows warbands to get a healer into the keep if they cant just melt thru two warbands worth of people. The troll ways of utilizing it exist only because people allow for such tactics to be used (keep in mind banner does not give you immunities to punts/kd's/etc). It's again one of those threads where people cry about issues that can be fixed by people just utilizing their abilities and brainpower.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert