Recent Topics

Ads

Remove 160 stat tactics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
User avatar
Akalukz
Posts: 1587

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#21 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:50 pm

I think people miss understand why people are playing less. 1) Static game, no game play changes in years (ORvR / Scenarios) 2) TTK is way to low in large fights and possibly to long in small fights. Primarily becuase of OP BiS / Renown Points making people both unkillable and killing machines. Most balanced in RoR was either when T3 was cap or Vanquisher. After they started adding in additional Renown Points and min/max gear it took a turn for the worse.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Farrul
Posts: 289

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#22 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:28 pm Which dps spec play without 160 mainstat tactic as a meta choice?
For example, requires WW:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 1,544,9120

Or many specs which in bis setup can get close to 1050 mainstat without 160 tactic, which is the point of getting the bis setup- to free a tactic slot.
SW 1) : RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior
SW 2) : RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior
WH : RoR.builders - Witch Hunter Just a few dps examples as for 160 toughness there are several differet builds that do not use it.
However i disagree that these tactics forces you into a 3 tactic class, there are different options with gear setups and high renown, they can be excluded or adds benefit to the build. Real 3 tactics are classes that need a tactic to enable class mechanics, such as IB Rising Anger.

Sulorie
Posts: 7222

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#23 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm

Mix some gear and play without 160 stat tactic, you can even cap stats with some buffs.
It is a choice.
When you want some other nice tactic, remove stat one and replace the stats with other sources.
Dying is no option.

bw10
Posts: 263

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#24 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:27 am

Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:28 pm Which dps spec play without 160 mainstat tactic as a meta choice?
For example, requires WW:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 1,544,9120

where the hell would you even want to play that dogshit sw spec with 6k hp that is also entirely dependent on ww... lol sorry but i dont see this example as a valid argument
Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm Or many specs which in bis setup can get close to 1050 mainstat without 160 tactic, which is the point of getting the bis setup- to free a tactic slot.
its not free because you still want it so you can pump ws/wounds instead

mazi761111
Posts: 136

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#25 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:48 am

The current forum is terrible now,
choson:badchosen
chopa:bigpanties

bw10
Posts: 263

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#26 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:10 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm It is a choice.
in case of choppa its a choice between 560 raw stats that you want as much as possible and **** like:

"Get Stuck In's cooldown timer is lowered by 10 seconds." 50s cd instead of 60s on my 20s aa speed buff? what kind of choice is that

Zxul
Posts: 1383

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#27 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:13 am

bw10 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:27 am
Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:28 pm Which dps spec play without 160 mainstat tactic as a meta choice?
For example, requires WW:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 1,544,9120

where the hell would you even want to play that dogshit sw spec with 6k hp that is also entirely dependent on ww... lol sorry but i dont see this example as a valid argument
In a 6man premade for example. Festering with 1 sec cast time, no cd, ignoring resists, and 15% extra dmg on top for extra touch, does quite a bit of dmg.
bw10 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:27 am
Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm Or many specs which in bis setup can get close to 1050 mainstat without 160 tactic, which is the point of getting the bis setup- to free a tactic slot.
its not free because you still want it so you can pump ws/wounds instead
Yep choices is a good thing.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

User avatar
Scottx125
Posts: 965

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#28 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:51 pm

I don't think it's a question of choice. I think it's a question of, "Is this tactic so essential it should be taken 90% of the time or in nearly every spec?". If it is, then why is it even a tactic? It should be core to the class. Tactics should be about giving you options and flexibility depending on the content and build you run. In many cases, having 120 STR/120WS is preferable in every build as a DPS that relies on those 2 stats to actually do damage.

It's not really a choice when it's better than all the other tactics and not taking it is gimping yourself.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
Image
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
what63
Posts: 45

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#29 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:32 pm

160 stat tactics are significantly weaker than people think, always were. They aren't mandatory for any build, most proc tactics especially will easily out damage these. For ST builds things are somewhat less of a mixup, but especially as far as AoE is concerned, multiple classes over the years have foregone stat tactics in favour of utility/proc tactics. In the exact same vein that most people instinctively think 160 tough tactics are pretty damn mid, 160 mainstat ones are very much mid for the same reasons. It's just insanely easy to fall prey to cognitive biases as far as "capped" stats go.

In fact, in many, many cases, they are actual noob traps. Always were.

User avatar
tazdingo
Posts: 1206

Re: Remove 160 stat tactics

Post#30 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:40 am

mazi761111 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:48 am The current forum is terrible now,

my apologies your highness we will endeavour to do better so that you mustn't deign to visit us once again

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests