Create Discordant Event Skirmishes Queue.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
SpacefishPrime

Create Discordant Event Skirmishes Queue.

Post#1 » Fri May 31, 2024 10:02 pm

Would love to see scenarios during the events that aren't 500 - < 50

Ads
Avernus

Re: Create Discordant Event Skirmishes Queue.

Post#2 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:33 am

SpacefishPrime wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:02 pm Would love to see scenarios during the events that aren't 500 - < 50
As far as i know, even sc is supposed to motivate people to form groups. How are you supposed to farm...i mean, "motivate", people if victi...i mean, pug, will ignore classic event sc if they have an option to do discordant event sc?

And, if you want to say something about "premades should fight premades etc" just look at group ranked.

Thus, YES, you're being completely demolished by premades is intended outcome.

Devs are hoping to change this in future sc rework...the only thing we can do now is to hope that they'll succed.

Everdin

Post#3 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:35 am

Like I always ask, why do all those solos not queing discordant but normal SC through the week?

Weekend would be the same, people would realize that discordant warfront are not popping fast enough and que grp sc again to get carried.

Also discordant is mostly stomp too, so where is the difference?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Vibax

Post#4 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:29 pm

The introduction of discordant SC's was a mistake in the firstplace in my opinion.

Let me explain Why:

This is a MMO RPG, not just a RPG.
If you don't wanna interract with others, good for you. Nobody is forcing you to.
But stop asking to punish players that take the time and effort to build groups, trying to find people in /5 etc. Don't punish people that invest time in building good relationship with guildies or players around the realm.
Because what Discordant SC's are doing, is just spliting the procs of SC's. This is once again a way to validate and to rewards soloplay.
If you find yourself loosing a lot:
Stop blaming the system that has "bad matchmaking" cause your facing healers when you don't have any ! Make some friends, build some groups, find a guild, create events etc
Stop blaming the nasty tryharders cause they get teams, and perfect 2/2/2 and Coms ! You can do it AW :)
And you know what's the best part of making teams, you get better at the game cause you understand the limits of your class, and the interesting synergie between some of them etc.
But lets be honnest for a second, what some players really want is:
"Minimum interaction, minimum effort, Maximum rewards"
Well I believe that is a good thing that for this inf rewards you gotta have a hard time for it, if you don't wanna be more involve into what MMO stands for !

geezereur

Post#5 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:55 pm

Vibax wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:29 pm The introduction of discordant SC's was a mistake in the firstplace in my opinion.

Let me explain Why:

If you don't wanna interract with others, good for you. Nobody is forcing you to.
But stop asking to punish players that take the time and effort to build groups, trying to find people in /5 etc. Don't punish people that invest time in building good relationship with guildies or players around the realm.
Because what Discordant SC's are doing, is just spliting the procs of SC's. This is once again a way to validate and to rewards soloplay.
Stop blaming the system that has "bad matchmaking" cause your facing healers when you don't have any ! Make some friends, build some groups, find a guild, create events etc
Stop blaming the nasty tryharders cause they get teams, and perfect 2/2/2 and Coms ! You can do it AW :)
And you know what's the best part of making teams, you get better at the game cause you understand the limits of your class, and the interesting synergie between some of them etc.
Well I believe that is a good thing that for this inf rewards you gotta have a hard time for it, if you don't wanna be more involve into what MMO stands for !
Sounds like you just wanna stomp pugs with a premade.

Everdin

Post#6 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:21 pm

geezereur wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:55 pm
Vibax wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:29 pm The introduction of discordant SC's was a mistake in the firstplace in my opinion.

Let me explain Why:

Sounds like you just wanna stomp pugs with a premade.
encourage people to form groups and get better becoming more involved to the game, sounds totally like he wants to stomp pugs
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Zxul

Post#7 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:14 am

Let me explain Why:

Been playing this game since live. Likely know the game and the classes lot better than you. No, still won't team up. And lets face it, will likely gank you, repeatedly, in the rvr lakes. Possibly followed by you making a forum post about how this or that solo spec is too strong and needs nerfing since you the great group player likely have no idea how to play without group support.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Vibax

Post#8 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:17 am

As I stated, if people wants to solo plays, not interact with others, its completly fine.
Some archetypes and spec are design for it and I've no issues with that. The more playstyle within the game the better.

What I don't agree with is turning a group gamemode into a more pugish version so players that just wanna solo play can enjoy it. Sc's arent 1v1 arenas.

A scenario is design around multiple players collectively working towards game objectivs in order to win that scenario, not throwing a bunch of individuals doing whatever the **** they want and hope they win. If peoples are taking the time and effort towards the goal that is design within that scenario OFC they should win easyly facing pugs (rewarding the work of forming a group, been on coms etc).
The thing is you own indiviual needs are goin against the game design and you want the game to implements things to fit your needs. Learn frustration or adapt.
The solution once again isnt to reduce the frustration of players not playing within the game design by offering them an option, is to promote what makes you more competiv in that particular environnement.

So yes pug stomping is a part of Sc's, always has been and should always be. Is it why people are making SC's squad ? some yes some is just to have good plays and/or play with a bunch of friends.
The question should be "can you still achieve the SC weekend event when solo playing it ?" The answer is yes.
And Yes this should be harder if your going against what it is design for, small coordinate plays within a balance group of 6 people.
People should know that if you solo Q you are in a desadvantage!
Dev's arent here to make a game that just fits your own needs.
And what about the other side of the spectrum ? Does your own feeling and frustration has to come before others, that enjoy a playstyle that the game rewards you for because the devs designed it that way ?!

Your exemple of going solo, with a class and spec design for it in an environnement that make this playstyle possible is not a problem at all, we are not talking about solo spec in ORVR here.

Ads
SpacefishPrime

Post#9 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:02 am

"But stop asking to punish players that take the time and effort to build groups, trying to find people in /5 etc."

Why is it "punishing" to players to let other people play they want to? You really do just want to have pugs to stomp if you feel that way. Discordant non-event queue Punishes premades? By giving players an options to not play against them at a disadvantage?

If you want to incentivize players to adapt and change and be shaped by incentives, in a game where they can just take their ball and go home to another game, the stick works a lot worse than the carrot. Being friendlier to solos doesn't kill group gameplay, it increases population of people who will also participate in group play sometimes.

Stimpz

Post#10 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:07 am

Vibax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:17 am As I stated, if people wants to solo plays, not interact with others, its completly fine.
Some archetypes and spec are design for it and I've no issues with that. The more playstyle within the game the better.

What I don't agree with is turning a group gamemode into a more pugish version so players that just wanna solo play can enjoy it. Sc's arent 1v1 arenas.

A scenario is design around multiple players collectively working towards game objectivs in order to win that scenario, not throwing a bunch of individuals doing whatever the **** they want and hope they win. If peoples are taking the time and effort towards the goal that is design within that scenario OFC they should win easyly facing pugs (rewarding the work of forming a group, been on coms etc).
The thing is you own indiviual needs are goin against the game design and you want the game to implements things to fit your needs. Learn frustration or adapt.
The solution once again isnt to reduce the frustration of players not playing within the game design by offering them an option, is to promote what makes you more competiv in that particular environnement.

So yes pug stomping is a part of Sc's, always has been and should always be. Is it why people are making SC's squad ? some yes some is just to have good plays and/or play with a bunch of friends.
The question should be "can you still achieve the SC weekend event when solo playing it ?" The answer is yes.
And Yes this should be harder if your going against what it is design for, small coordinate plays within a balance group of 6 people.
People should know that if you solo Q you are in a desadvantage!
Dev's arent here to make a game that just fits your own needs.
And what about the other side of the spectrum ? Does your own feeling and frustration has to come before others, that enjoy a playstyle that the game rewards you for because the devs designed it that way ?!

Your exemple of going solo, with a class and spec design for it in an environnement that make this playstyle possible is not a problem at all, we are not talking about solo spec in ORVR here.
Some people simply cannot form groups for a huge list of reasons.
Maybe they cannot speak english, social anxiety or time reasons. I often hear that people have children and don't like to form groups because they have to go offline at any time. And so on and so on.

Is it so wrong to simply want to go online, pop a few SCs and leave after an hour without the hassle of forming a group? Does it really hurt your playstyle if people, who wouldn't form a group anyway, had the option to join a Discordant Weekend? If your answer is yes, because the normal weekend SCs wouldn't pop anymore, then maybe a bigger part of the community likes to play it this way.

At its core, you're right. Of course, you should reward group play. But not with stomping other pugs. The reward should be fairer fights against other groups. and that's the problem. Forming groups leads to pug stomping and rarely to even fights.
That is because of the matchmaking system, but the DEVs are aware of this problem. So we can do nothing but wait and hope for the best.