Recent Topics

Ads

Mourkains's suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
navis

Mourkains's suggestions

Post#1 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi, I just thought it would be cool if the Skull artifact had a sound added to it, maybe a sound also for when the damage ticks. As well, why not add a small RR tick to carrying the artifact?

thx

Ads
noisestorm

Re: Mourkains's suggestions

Post#2 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:31 am

a pickup sound would perhaps work - wouldnt make any sense though, tick sounds are most likely not possible at all and finally no - rr ticks will surely not come.

Nameless

Post#3 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:00 am

i got some memories that while carry artifact the person got increased dmg but not sure if it is at this sc or for other one. Still that good trade off imo
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Reesh

Post#4 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:16 am

I do also think that the carrier had some sort of dmg buff on himself, as killing while carrying was giving out points to the team. That were encouraging fighting, not staying in the back with the part.

Luth

Post#5 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:39 am

About mourkain artifact with sound:
I think this kind of stuff is handled 100% on the client side, so devs likely can't force it through server coding if it wasn't already working on the 1.4.8 client.
But i think someone with LUA knowledge could easily make a "sound addon" for the bufftype you get when holding the artifact.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:50 am

Reesh wrote:I do also think that the carrier had some sort of dmg buff on himself, as killing while carrying was giving out points to the team. That were encouraging fighting, not staying in the back with the part.
There were sc with a damage buff but not this one.
Dying is no option.

Bretin

Post#7 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:26 am

imho: no need. the ingame sound is fine as it is.

Abolition

Post#8 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:18 pm

I do remember some Murderball scenarios having a damage buff for the holder, but as Sulorie said, it might not have been a factor in this SC. I think that it would be a good thing to implement, though. It'd make it a bit more interesting, rather than sitting at spawn with the Murderball. Plus, if the team with the Murderball is farming the other team at spawn, it will end the SC quicker.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Ads
Gobtar

Post#9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Here is a question. Does anyone have the resources from Wraith of Heroes?
They had a bunch of audio queues that would be great.
"Welcome to Mourkain Temple"
"Artifact taken"
"Artifact uncontrolled"

They had a bunch of other audio queues that could be good for flag based SCs.