Recent Topics

Ads

Eye shot

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Reesh

Re: Eye shot

Post#21 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:26 pm

One of those stupid threads... It should stay as it is. I was running sw as a main on live and it wasn't op. Skilled players knew exactly how to counter it.

Ads
TooGraphic

Post#22 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:51 pm

sh has ranged pet wl pet should shoot laser beams out of its mouth

zabis

Post#23 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:12 pm

If I put my arrow through the back of your head, it will eventually reach your eye.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Morf

Post#24 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Reesh wrote:One of those stupid threads... It should stay as it is. I was running sw as a main on live and it wasn't op. Skilled players knew exactly how to counter it.
Skilled players have said and will continue to say how easy sw's are to play, im sorry you are not 1 of them.
As for counters, there were 3 ways to counter CC and rkd in this case, resolute defense, focus mind and inex force. Resolute defense we will likely never see and currently dont have access to, inex force requires full sov set which we will not see for a very long time if ever and focus mind is a m2 which requires you to be in combat for a period of time where as eye shot is a basic ability. Sure you could argue about other kd's, staggers etc etc but others all have counters, staggers breaking on damage, silences allowing you to move, mdps kd you can see your target and have time to react to what is about to happen, ch ch you can see the tank approaching you but in the case of a rkd its more then possible in a big fight(what war is designed around, not 6v6 etc etc but wb on wb) you wont see the sw in the crowd.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Penril

Post#25 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:55 pm

I wont give my opinion on ranged KD. I will just link this post from one of the best SWs i saw in this game.

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 561#p50561

He calls his class "EZ mode". Hell, i was probably just a "meh" SW but even i got bored with how easy it was and deleted mine (i wanted to use the name on my SM).

Not gonna say they are OP. But some classes are definitely easier to master than others (healing on a WP is easier than on a AM, for example). So yeah, SWs are EZ mode. And yeah, this applies to some destro classes as well.

Chaoself

Post#26 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Suicide thread, mostly of order plays RDPS.

dkabib

Post#27 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Calling SWs an easy class is kinda of a meh argument...
They were, for a looong time, known as a very weak class... We had a good number of patches until SW became viable... And now you want to take away what makes them viable in skirmish and make them be forces to use fester no skill mode?
Yes a rkd hurts you, but timing it correctly, a melee can get up, use combo of Snare Invul + Charge Nd reach a SW pretty fast... Dont tell me that you die in 3 seconds...
For me chasing a SH is way harder and Id prefer to chase a SW any day... Run Away is like constant on, you just can't keep up with him...

But ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but think of a counter play first, precision timing is key!! Hell some people say Engies/Magus are op...
Vanhorts

Qrazy

Post#28 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:00 pm

My only wish is that I could use eye shot from the 3rd floor of a keep followed by a M2 fester bomb.

Ads
Morf

Post#29 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:17 pm

dkabib wrote:Calling SWs an easy class is kinda of a meh argument...
They were, for a looong time, known as a very weak class... We had a good number of patches until SW became viable... And now you want to take away what makes them viable in skirmish and make them be forces to use fester no skill mode?
Yes a rkd hurts you, but timing it correctly, a melee can get up, use combo of Snare Invul + Charge Nd reach a SW pretty fast... Dont tell me that you die in 3 seconds...
For me chasing a SH is way harder and Id prefer to chase a SW any day... Run Away is like constant on, you just can't keep up with him...

But ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but think of a counter play first, precision timing is key!! Hell some people say Engies/Magus are op...

Sw's are an easy class to play, its not a myth.
No where did i say i want to remove rkd, and take away apparently the only reason they are viable, i suggest you read my main post again.
As for counter play, how do you counter a 65ft kd from 1 of 20 enemies you have in view ? or someone that is to the side or behind ? with having a frontal requirement to kd it gives u a counter, dont wana be kd and zerged better turn away, to lazy to turn or just bad ? then you are getting rkd and zerged.
The hate towards rkd isnt just a ror issue it happened on live, the devs or lack of just didnt do anything about it
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

dkabib

Post#30 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:28 pm

All right I get it...

And what about AoE staggers? The eng/magus can use it with a 65ft, maybe an effective 55ft because of the delay of casting it actually working, and the zerg can reach not only you, but a group pf players that can range from 1 to 9...
A ranged kd that is available to 1/12 of the classes of a side (for now) is ok for me!
Just give SHs the same thing...
Vanhorts