Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness Movie Review

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness Movie Review

Post#1 » Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 pm

No Spoilers.

I can say this because it is true.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness was the best MCU movie ever produced...

For the first thirty minutes.

After that...more discussion on my Twitch Stream a bit later tonight.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Re: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness Movie Review

Post#2 » Thu May 05, 2022 11:21 pm

OK, a bit more.

This was Elizabeth Olsen's best performance in any MCU project to date, her first scene certainly Oscar consideration level worthy. The problem is as the film progresses she becomes less and less active in the narrative and thus her efforts lose some of their effectiveness.

Zombie Strange was a bit over the top, and the Marvel Illuminati, while certainly interesting, also failed to deliver the impact one would have thought their presence would demand. Captain Carter (not a spoiler given she appeared in the final preview) was a welcome addition to the fray, however again fell into the category of nice build-up little pay-off.

Overall the movie had the feel of a constant speed never-ending train wreck. You kinda had to watch, but by the end felt glad it was finally over.

The mid-credit scene was interesting, however don't bother to wait for the end-credit scene.

TiberiusD

Post#3 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 am

I understand your opinion about it but for me, in terms of Marvel Movies after Logan i stopped seeing any.

Martok

Post#4 » Fri May 06, 2022 3:06 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 amI understand your opinion about it but for me, in terms of Marvel Movies after Logan i stopped seeing any.

Marvel has been a part of my life since the fourth grade, consequently I am still kinda hooked. However as for this particular Marvel movie I believe its fatal flaw was the pre-release hype. The promotional hype for this movie was so intense the final product just couldn't deliver. As I said it started off well, but then stumbled all the way to the end.

I am still processing the appearance of Charlize Theron at the end. Not sure if her presence represents an actual enhancement for the MCU.

Martok

Post#5 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:57 am

This video is a bit late being posted here because once again I had to file a dispute with Marvel/Disney in order to have a copyright strike lifted. However, as with my dispute concerning my review of Atlita Battle Angel, I was successful.

Well, mostly. I did have to edit one brief segment, however the primary footage is as I broadcast it during my Twitch Stream on the evening of the 7th. As always thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Whyumadbro

Post#6 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:04 pm

marvel is mega dead, enjoy your new heroes like ironheart!

Martok

Post#7 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:04 pmmarvel is mega dead, enjoy your new heroes like ironheart!

Marvel has suffered some self-inflicted wounds of late, however I don't believe they are quite dead yet. The path to Avengers: Secret Wars will decide the issue.

Oh, by the way, She Hulk is going to suck. Film at eleven.

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:19 am

HISHE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceflg92lNRI got it right.

But, in general, Dr. Strange has gone (in this movie and No Way Home) from a badass Master of the Mystic Arts to a plot device with extremely questionable judgement and inconsistent power levels.

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:45 am

I still have enjoyed the MCU movies - even the late ones. They're still popcorn fun. They could do with less make-a-wish power MacGuffins, though.

The TV shows seem to be really dropping in quality. They came out strong and just have slowly gotten worse. I'm gonna hard pass on Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Martok

Post#10 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:18 am

Detangler wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:45 amI still have enjoyed the MCU movies - even the late ones. They're still popcorn fun. They could do with less make-a-wish power MacGuffins, though.

The TV shows seem to be really dropping in quality. They came out strong and just have slowly gotten worse. I'm gonna hard pass on Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk.

Thanks for posting Detangler and for watching my stream. And you make a good point, the Disney Plus shows did start off well but have steadily dropped in quality during the progression. As I said earlier Ms. Marvel simply wasn't engaging, the story suffering from poor and lazy writing and a lack of effective character development. But with the ultimate goal of The Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, much potential exist for a return to the greatness which was Phase One of the MCU. Time will tell.