Recent Topics

Ads

Any other good games out?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
freshour
Banned

Any other good games out?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:10 pm

I played Neverwinter Nights for quite a few years, then Neverwinter Online the last 2-3 years, now I'm into WAR. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of anything else with the same feel to it? I have a month b/w semesters so quite a bit of game time to enjoy. Nearly done with destro and I've already played the order chars I want to. Figured out the "skill" of the zerg and how to dump morales and it is good fun. Yet to master the SC 6man or even 12 man but that takes a little bit of time.

It doesn't have to be MMO - maybe a little less in depth than dragon age, but just a good combat RPG style of game :). Thank you!!!!!!

Ads
zabis

Re: Any other good games out?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:12 pm

slither.io
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

freshour
Banned

Post#3 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Ohhhhh some of my fav youtubers play that game.. looks too addicting.

Sylvant

Post#4 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:14 pm

im playing vanilla wow servers, thats the game as it was before any expansions were added and things actually were hard, like farm months to get the best pvp gear and run instances(for months) with a well organized guild and get some dragon loot, pretty op :P
Oh and becoming max level doesnt take a day(compared to retail) and actually takes ....ahem...months. Ofc you could do it for weeks if wow geek like me

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Play on warmane WOTLK WOW servers: epic PvE (Lordaeron has like 10k ppl), and the PvP server (the original arena-tournament) is very competitive (pretty much has a lot of WoW's best ever players)

also I play a star wars fps! jedi academy movie battles II. 10 years old but very fun

YUKO

Post#6 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:27 pm

I don't play games. Besides this one in periods, which still hasn't been downloaded yet, heh.

Sometimes you just to grow up and move. Heh. Life of a 25 yr old.

I wish I had a decent computer that could manage Age of Empires 2 once in awhile...

freshour
Banned

Post#7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Yeah I've been thinking about playing a private WoW server. Might start digging into some older gamers, see what kinda emulators are out there. I have a very bad feeling if I start a private WoW server I MAY get hooked and I want to keep my main interest here in the hopes that I can find some people who don't mind playing fun builds as a group. As I like to mess around on DPS runies, melee DoK/WP, DPS Shaman, Assault SW, of course I play the mainstream setups as well but it is freaking fun to get a 6 man group for random SC's not using the standard 2,2,2 or 1,3,1 and still using assists/teamwork/guardswapping etc to win.

So far I've only been able to get mainstream builds with good players wanting to do SC's, or severe pugs with the interesting "different" builds I play. But I'll keep playing hehe. Honestly if you took the best players here and let them play some random "non meta' builds they'd still :| face... but this isn't about that....

I'll keep looking, but if anyone finds some fun make sure to post it!!!!

Mez

Post#8 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Best single player game is on Steam called Mount and Blade: Warband. Then install the game of thrones mod called A Clash of Kings. I've literally never played the stock game, I bought it for the ACOK mod. It's one of the only single player games I can stand, but it's highly addicting.

If you are looking for super grindy progression MMO, black desert looks good, but it's super asiany graphics. It has interesting RvR and pvp elements though for end game.

If you want old school, Uthgard re-opens from scratch in 2 weeks which is an old school Dark Age of Camelot private server that has old frontier maps for RvR.

If you want something to kickstart or betawatch, bookmark Crowfall. Still in alpha but looks very promising. I haven't backed it yet, but I'm watching it close.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Grimmrog

Post#9 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 pm

you may give Camelot unchained a try.
Sylvant wrote:im playing vanilla wow servers, thats the game as it was before any expansions were added and things actually were hard, like farm months to get the best pvp gear and run instances(for months) with a well organized guild and get some dragon loot, pretty op :P
Oh and becoming max level doesnt take a day(compared to retail) and actually takes ....ahem...months. Ofc you could do it for weeks if wow geek like me
How vanilla? does alterac have the supply points mechanics or is it, till the bitter end of one of the bosses?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Mez wrote:Best single player game is on Steam called Mount and Blade: Warband. Then install the game of thrones mod called A Clash of Kings. I've literally never played the stock game, I bought it for the ACOK mod. It's one of the only single player games I can stand, but it's highly addicting.
Yes, great game. But fairly old (7 years?) and have **** graphic :D
An even better mod that ACOK for it is (or was) prophecy of pendor.

Another very good kind of rpg (but not combat-based) is crusader kings 2. It exists a great warhammer mod for this one.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM