Recent Topics

Ads

Uthgard 2.0

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fey

Uthgard 2.0

Post#1 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:58 am

DaoC was the first computer game i played, well Number Munchers on floppy disk was technically the first game, but other story. I played Hib/Percival originally and probably am going back to hib for to make a caster group. Although with the old 1.65 patch I won't be playing mana ment.

Where do you live and what realm are you going to play? On a side note I hope they make the realm lock-out timer like four hours so you're limited to one realm per night of play.

Uthgard 2.0 is Old RA's, Old Frontiers, No SI at release but SI classes included at release, 30 minute purge cooldown and the like. BETA starts in five days homie!
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Uthgard 2.0

Post#2 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:29 am

I will check out the Beta. I didn't get to play DAoC that much. And it'll be nice to have at least 2 go-arounds at "new realm" character creation cycles, since they will wipe at actual release.

However, I have checked out their site. 3/4 of it is from 2010 or earlier. The forums seems like a bunch of people with nothing to discuss, since they all have their characters/groups/etc preplanned and executed already a dozen times.

I love MMOs though and don't mind grinding, and until I found this place was popping around RO servers occasionally. So Uthgard could be fun. It all depends on the community. But between t4 and total war: warhammer, I dunno how much time I can give to uthgard.

I plan to go Healer/Midgard from the get-go. Maybe Cleric/Albion, but I from what I remember I didn't enjoy the Albion setting that much. Don't think I ever played on Hibernia. I prefer Healers, and the Druid has never been a class I have been interested in, in any gaming system.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Shadowgurke

Post#3 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 am

classic is too easymode for me, i'll pass

zabis

Post#4 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:16 am

Downloaded, can't wait to play in 4+ days!!
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

redzus

Post#5 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:19 am

uthgard never be back.

bistro

Post#6 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 am

Is that p2p or or free?

Kwiggel

Post#7 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:44 am

Free.

Renork

Post#8 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:classic is too easymode for me, i'll pass
Once you get used to casting through getting hit, it's hard to go back eh :^)? Positioning in DAOC > "most" other MMO's.

I'm excited, I'll probably roll a vdub or a mentie. Cheapernia is usually the least populated realm, so that always makes the game more fun. I'm still not 100% sure if I'll like going back to the old ra's. Infils + dodger + dragonfang = lolbye.

There's probably going to be a shitload of reavers on Uthgard. WTB celt eldies, I hate keens/elves.

Ads
Shadowgurke

Post#9 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Renork wrote:
Once you get used to casting through getting hit, it's hard to go back eh :^)? Positioning in DAOC > "most" other MMO's.
No idea what you are talking about mate

zak68

Post#10 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:23 pm

"There's probably going to be a shitload of reavers on Uthgard."
classic + s.i.classes ?