Recent Topics

Ads

Uthgard 2.0

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mez

Re: Uthgard 2.0

Post#11 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 pm

With NA pop down, figured I'd give the new DAOC re-boot a shot. .....

server full 2827 players online. And I'm 1700th place in queue.

Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Dabbart

Post#12 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:21 pm

No one goes there anymore. It's always full...

Jesus! That's what you call a good problem. Hope they can expand and hang onto that player base. Go Priv Servers.

Yet another reason to not go grind for a month before i can play the game....
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Mez

Post#13 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:36 pm

I was thinking Friar for easy questing, grinding and level up. Plus decent ability to 1v1 and roam. I played a fire wizard back in the day, and used to just zerg around and fight at keep walls (which was fun 2-shotting people with double fireball bolt spells).

Maybe Vampiir, as I heard lurikeen vampiir have a decent self heal and can be good soloing too. Plus they can climb walls and fly.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

saupreusse
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 pm

just asking if i got this right. so uthgard already existed for a few years and now they wiped everyone and released uthgard 2.0? or am i wrong? would be nice if someone could tell me :)

Ravai

Post#15 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:57 pm

Tried to get back into it today having played daoc for 10+years before war.

Unfortunatly the pve has not aged well and is incredibly tedious, after how long its been have never forgot how long it took to level on that patch, even if the pvp is amazing the thought of having to grind for a whole month just to reach max level + templated just puts me right off, no buffbots either so its even more of a grind.

yes saup its a wipe, they've spent 2 years on this reiteration, you wont be able to play unless you log in before primetime though due to insane queue times, they do seem to be adding server capacity though.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

randomeclipse

Post#16 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Ravai wrote:Tried to get back into it today having played daoc for 10+years before war.

Unfortunatly the pve has not aged well and is incredibly tedious, after how long its been have never forgot how long it took to level on that patch, even if the pvp is amazing the thought of having to grind for a whole month just to reach max level + templated just puts me right off, no buffbots either so its even more of a grind.

yes saup its a wipe, they've spent 2 years on this reiteration, you wont be able to play unless you log in before primetime though due to insane queue times, they do seem to be adding server capacity though.
Who played DAoC for the PvE? There's no rush to level so just PvP and remeniss on the way :).

Renork

Post#17 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Mez wrote:I was thinking Friar for easy questing, grinding and level up. Plus decent ability to 1v1 and roam. I played a fire wizard back in the day, and used to just zerg around and fight at keep walls (which was fun 2-shotting people with double fireball bolt spells).

Maybe Vampiir, as I heard lurikeen vampiir have a decent self heal and can be good soloing too. Plus they can climb walls and fly.

Classic 1.65, so friars with dodger are quite interesting. They have not released SI yet, but they will not be releasing Catacombs classes or anything ToA related (so no vampiir's). I made a necro to farm for my wiz/reaver, but was thinking of switching to Hib since they have the "least" pop and just roll a valewalker again (dodger + wild arcana ooo!).

@Dabbart yeah I wasn't expecting them to be this popular, especially since daoc 40-50 is kind of very slow.

@saupreusse Yeah they wiped Uth 1.0 and re-released Uth 2.0 but with 1.65 and no buffbots allowed.

The pve grind is not fun, but that stops at 50 :^) so I can live with that. The queue sucks, but I'm sure they'll come up with something, their staff have a lot of experience and are handling all the complaints very diplomatically (as opposed to banning everyone that disagrees with them).

2.3k waiting in queue right now, so definitely not playing today.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Now that the game is online, you can take your discussion there. Maybe remind some of those queuers that RoR exists. Or just take more not-so-subtle jabs at staff here.

Either way, locking.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads