Recent Topics

Ads

Empire Worst RP "Race"

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Pitchrig

Empire Worst RP "Race"

Post#1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Just my opinion but compared to the Other races in this game I think the Empire's choice in classes are pretty poor RP-wise compared to what the Dwarfs, and elves have. I mean once I think about the Empire I usually Imagine Halbers, Spears, Greatswords and Handgonnes not a single class for their empire can wield any of these weapons (except for the greatsword) but their NPC's can... anyone else feel the same way?

(That's not to say though that the classes they have in the game aren't good gameplay wise, Kotbs, and Warrior priests are still among my favorite classes in the game)

Ads
xanderous

Re: Empire Worst RP "Race"

Post#2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:20 pm

With all due respect i think it's your lack of imagination when it comes to RP and not the fault of the classes.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

RyanMakara

Post#3 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Empire NPCs are either common farmfolk, conscripted civilians or military trained elites. The classes are unique to distinguish players from the rest of the rabble. In the future there are plans for including NPC weapons and armor for roleplay use, but as of now they cannot be added to player gear load-outs.

Also, if you want to argue weapon use across Order classes, Elves and Dwarfs are simply luckier in the sense that their both soldiers and unique units are highly trained in the arts of weapon crafting and using. Even the most common Dwarf Warrior has a glistering axe/hammer and finely balanced shield, while the use of swords and spears is mandatory in the High Elf unit roster. Hatchets, crossbows and halberds are common tools for any Empire citizen and militia. And yes, I'm aware such tools can also be used and made for the elite, but Mythic intentionally separated player items from NPC items.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#4 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Would it be possible to permit a knight to use a spear, borrowing the animations from a 2h BG, if only visually?

RyanMakara

Post#5 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:25 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Would it be possible to permit a knight to use a spear, borrowing the animations from a 2h BG, if only visually?
Possible with client control, yes. Empire NPCs have their own spear attack animations, but we'd obviously have to spice things up considering the list of Knight abilities.

WarriorOfAlliance

Post#6 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:28 pm

empire rule all

porkstar

Post#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:31 pm

"I like a good sausage. giggle."
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

tionblack

Post#8 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:32 pm

xanderous wrote:With all due respect i think it's your lack of imagination when it comes to RP and not the fault of the classes.

yoloooo +++++

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Ads
tionblack

Post#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Empire is the iron will of the mankind and a glowing medallion in the darkness.Faith my friend faith alone can create miracles it is very powerful and empire survives the day with those martyrs who waters its soil with their blood.

Alone only Witch Hunters are a whole big story and i dont even wanna talk about warrior priests. PURE ironwill and faith.Every empire class deserves a huge clap.

THOSE WHO STAND BY ME SHALL BE MY BROTHER
TO ME SONS OF SIGMAR

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Glorian

Post#10 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:52 pm

There are the different NPCs lined up on the other side of the war quarter.

Militia Soldiers, Handgunners and such.
And it would be great RP wise to get some of the appearances for the other empire classes.
Although when in RvR it should be clear for the enemy what class they are attacking.

At the Halloween event you could turn into an Skeletton.
And then you allways saw some skeletons in RvR. Didnt know if it was sorc, magus or any healer.