Recent Topics

Ads

Total War: Warhammer 2 Trailer

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Niky

Re: Total War: Warhammer 2 Trailer

Post#41 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 am

Look awesome. Why he kick WE from warband?
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#42 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 am

Anorher cash cow i bet, this stuff is too pricey. Boycott by me

TenTonHammer

Post#43 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

New trailer that goes a bit more in depth into the vortex mechanic

TenTonHammer

Post#44 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

nebelwerfer wrote:Anorher cash cow i bet, this stuff is too pricey. Boycott by me

it depends on how much you feel your moenys worth goes for

one faction dlc easily gave me 200 hrs of playtime

so 200hrs for just 15 hrs? that more than worth it more me, and that was only on just one faction, on steam i have close to 800hrs so far and the game has a lot of replay value because of the sandbox nature of the game

nebelwerfer

Post#45 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
nebelwerfer wrote:Anorher cash cow i bet, this stuff is too pricey. Boycott by me

it depends on how much you feel your moenys worth goes for

one faction dlc easily gave me 200 hrs of playtime

so 200hrs for just 15 hrs? that more than worth it more me, and that was only on just one faction, on steam i have close to 800hrs so far and the game has a lot of replay value because of the sandbox nature of the game
Sry didnt wanna pee on anyones parade. I was just really let down by the vanilla for being a pricey game and so many dlc's and now the sequel. I guess it's just not my kind of game

Mystriss

Post#46 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

It is a tad spendy, but there is so much that went into the game. and as Nebelwerfer noted, you can /seriously/ get your money's worth in play hours.

As far as the main game goes my only complaints are that AI armies vs Chaos are useless wusses, attrition in general is not my bag, and the divide between holding only dwarf/greenskin or only "other faction" cities thing is... trite (and perhaps inconsistent, my [DLC] Wood Elves gained the ability to take dwarf cities at some point - no idea why that makes sense and I don't think it was a MoD, though I've not checked that new "feature" sans MoDs yet because I've been playing Vampires hard - <3 Isabella) Oh and I don't know /why/ they won't let us zoom the camera out further, so annoying in battles (they also broke all the zoom mods last I checked :evil: It's actually made me put off playing until someone updates their mod - the vanilla battle camera is terrible IMHO...)

Also a word of warning on playing your friends, it is /very/ time consuming if you actually play out every battle and the turned based multiplayer gets boooring between turns [seriously dual monitor and watch a movie on the side heh] For perspective, one of my adult sons and I started a LAN game at 8am not too long after the game launched and by 3pm that day hadn't even come /close/ to finishing it, in fact, we are /still/ playing that same campaign [work/girlfriend/other hobbies/etc.] I'd bought the game for my husband and I to play together and /he/ doesn't have time either because he's working too. So I get it for my youngest son, who's still in the house, and even though he only has three classes a day; he too doesn't have time to play campaigns with me. [Friends/tests/homework] BAH! -- School's almost out for summer and he doesn't start college until the fall though so I have faith I'll get to trash him yet! :P)

I think my only caution with "faction" DLCs would be to make sure you know what you're getting with the Chaos and Beastman patches. They don't work like the other factions RE taking and holding cities; it's more like your "hero" /is/ a roaming city in organization. Your job is to destroy everything. I'm a territorial player apparently, so in addition to being less than enthused with scorched earth play, I also found them both ... cumbersome and annoying. (To be fair this is little stuff and even some of it is legit, like; Chaos armies can't be next to each other/join multi army battles without causing attrition damage to each other. The seemingly pointless waste of having to beat your troops over the head with Beastmen; easy, free, aka meaningless button clicking. Getting "ally" units that basically undermine your plans so you can't recruit the Prince as Chaos - grrrr how come I can't beat them?? Fielding multiple armies outside cities is, sketchy at best - I think we should be able to group hero's up for mega battles instead of the "maybe" you'll have reinforcements, but maybe not" reality. No matter what when I attack sitting AI army stacks I'm fighting 2 to [wtf!?!] 5 armies, but I'll bet cash that my other armies aren't close enough to get their butts on the field - What do you mean my other two armies got lost!?! ~Brutally dies and rage quits game for a while~ :P)

Wow... that got long really fast, sorry. I do very much enjoy the game :D

Dabbart

Post#47 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 am

"As for the Rat... It's just a Rat?"

Yes-yes... Soon-soon we kill-kill...

SO MUCH HYPE!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.