Recent Topics

Ads

Games Workshop Sued for 62.5 M

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zlove

Games Workshop Sued for 62.5 M

Post#1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:36 am

Leader of Black Library
Zlove zealot
Zelove dok

Ads
Arteker616

Re: Games Workshop Sued for 62.5 M

Post#2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:16 am

would probably lose the sue . and hard, the best part is where he claims gw minis are produced in china , gw can be many things but been making the minis in nottigham for ages now .

if i recall this very same dude tried to sue years ago fasa and lost , aswell marvel in the 90s

Gerv
Banned

Post#3 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:58 am

I can attest, having visited the HQ and factory in Nottingham, that they do indeed produce miniatures there.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Hooley

Post#4 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:11 am

This lawsuit is absurd. Is this a publicity stunt for his game store? David Moore is going to absolutely lose this lawsuit. GW's business practice is anti-consumer, or in David's case, anti-vendor; but that does not make it illegal. Furthermore, if the filing party wanted their case to succeed, they shouldn't of sued in the United States. There is nothing incriminating on their Investor Relations page, if you read through the content it aligns with their practice.

Read here: https://investor.games-workshop.com/our-business-model/

The additional alleged violations of IP theft are just as pathetic, there's no such thing as originality, as so many stories, characters, models, designs, etc. are inspired from some predecessor.

I'm not a GW apologist, but this "lawsuit" is a farce. Thank you OP for sharing this article, genuinely it was amusing.