Recent Topics

Ads

Elysium Vanilla WoW Private Server sent me a "Pls come back email"

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
WorstNovak
Banned

Elysium Vanilla WoW Private Server sent me a "Pls come back email"

Post#1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Fools.. RR over everything. I loved Vanilla WoW but nothing makes me happier than seeing those purple numbers float up my screen.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: Elysium Vanilla WoW Private Server sent me a "Pls come back email"

Post#2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Didn't they shutdown at some point?
They surely will once Blizz starts bombarding folks with CnD letters as they approach (= edge closer to - at snail's pace -) the release of classic servers.

WorstNovak
Banned

Post#3 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 am

Yeah they shutdown because some of the devs were straight taking cuts from gold sellers or some crazy **** like that XD

Darosh
Banned

Post#4 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:49 am

Third party RMT on a private server? I think its more plausible to consider the devs of that server to have been faciliating the RMT themselves ~
'Oh, these evil evil RMT derps want to harm our server!' *turns around and proceeds to generate gold for the RMT with a few clicks, selling it right after*

Imho, most MMOs incl. AAA publications will have their hand in those pockets, I can't imagine any of greed the driven big publishers (Activision and EA spearheading it) to miss out on that.

Generate gold with a click -> sell gold -> ban player -> rinse and repeat until the player stops buying new accounts.

Probably only thing that gives the various Freemium/F2P/P2P games s miniscule edge in ethics, over the big publishers. They might be worse in terms of their sum of parts, but they are open about it.