Recent Topics

Ads

War emu min single person server spec

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acidic

War emu min single person server spec

Post#1 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 am

I was wondering what is the minimum spec for deploying the war emu server on?
What I am after is to have a quick play with the emu version of war to give myself an indication if I am still up to coding and able to follow the code so that I can think of applying as a dev.
Big issue is I don’t want to contaminate my standard pc with the emu version and would like to place it on a “burn” pc which is a lot older.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: War emu min single person server spec

Post#2 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:59 am

I run it on my i5 with 8 gb ram without much hassle.

Also, there is nothing much to contaminate the PC - just mysql db you can turn on and off and emu source. Another thing, having Visual Studio on some trash PC might be problematic, as that IDE might consume more resources than the EMU itself...

Acidic

Post#3 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 am

Hargrim wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:59 am I run it on my i5 with 8 gb ram without much hassle.

Also, there is nothing much to contaminate the PC - just mysql db you can turn on and off and emu source. Another thing, having Visual Studio on some trash PC might be problematic, as that IDE might consume more resources than the EMU itself...
Cool thanks for the reply, forgot about that ide maybe will try sharing the drive on trash pc so IDE lives on the better machine

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 am

Well, you usually want to have ide on same machine you will run emu, because debugging your mess is really handy in comparison with displaying text messages in the console...

Acidic

Post#5 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:41 am

Hmm debug
Y shows how long it is since I coded last, I just write how others should these days :(

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 am

It's like riding a bike, one car hits you and you are whole in plaster.

Hmm, I think this proverb went differently...