Recent Topics

Ads

Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sunwarriors

Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

Post#1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 am

Hi there

my virus program found an threat coming from the warhammer folder. >>>Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A <<< Whats going on here?

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

Post#2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 am

It's a false positive because we are using a patcher that needs to modify some of the warhammer files to make some updates, and that makes anti viruses a bit suspicious.
Also it needs to verify file hashes for size etc from a database to make sure the right version is usef
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Sunwarriors

Post#3 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:15 am

sullemunk wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 am It's a false positive because we are using a patcher that needs to modify some of the warhammer files to make some updates, and that makes anti viruses a bit suspicious.
Also it needs to verify file hashes for size etc from a database to make sure the right version is usef
Aham so a bad boy in the light side :idea: yeh somebody has to do the dirty work. :mrgreen: am asking myself if hackers can misuse this security breach .. :roll:

dolleater

Post#4 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 am

Sunwarriors wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:15 am
sullemunk wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 am It's a false positive because we are using a patcher that needs to modify some of the warhammer files to make some updates, and that makes anti viruses a bit suspicious.
Aham so a bad boy in the light side :idea: yeh somebody has to do the dirty work. :mrgreen: am asking myself if hackers can misuse this security breach .. :roll:
A false-positive from antivirus/antimalware is not a security breach for RoR, its more of a bug in the antivirus software.
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

Bladepower7

Post#5 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:41 am

I just remove it like the anti-virus suggested and re-download it, now work fine and the Anti-virus in quiet.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Draxonfly

Post#6 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:22 am

My windows 10 Defender keeps deleting it... :/
Head or gut?

danny262

Post#7 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:44 am

Sunwarriors wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 am Hi there

my virus program found an threat coming from the warhammer folder. >>>Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A <<< Whats going on here?
Had this one earlier today- I quarantined the file immediately, ran a scan with no threats found, opened the updater.exe and got a launcher, so I ran the scan again and found nothing...don't want to spark conspiracies but it may got to us through the torrent or was part of the old launcher..one way or the other - no further issues.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:51 am

Windows itself is a trojan, the shittiest spyware you can get out there :D

Ads