Recent Topics

Ads

Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#11 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:39 am

Would be better start call ppl with their names as casul , newby , and pugs instead generalize all in pugs. Pugging just mean dont have a group affiniti while you can certain have a dedication or be good at the game. Casual usually play just for play, are not dedicated and are not experts.
Organized aswell notnmecessary mean dedicated.

Everyone can pug tought. You should not listen to casuals. Since in a way or another this is a group game even if you dont have a fix group you still play in groups on daily basis. Sc are 2 groups and wb are 4. And you try unless you are a casual to make that group work regardless the sich which call for use the group synergy.
Open warband were made for this and they has been the good fortune of war cuz without it the population would had not enought flexibility to survive. End results better losten to dedicated player first and between them the expert one.

The organized but not dedicated and the casual cant balance thia game.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#12 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am

michela89 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am
... to play the game the way it’s supposed to be played.

Pug environment is almost impossible to balance, players often don’t play their roles correctly, synergies between classes happen on random basis, skill floor hits the bottom and of course it’s quite unstable and unreliable part of the community. Yes, there might be a lot of pugs and they may be even cheerful and kind people but they are also people who may show the least dedication to the game.
So, no, thanks, that part won’t be treated as kings and queens — you have a pug sc already which is one of the best ways to farm gear (unless your side get stomped on constant basis because of “random” reasons).

you do know that pug doesn't mean noob right? but you don't, sadly.
Of course there are a lot of skillful soloers around but they also know that the game can’t be played from pug perspective only.

Pugs are a very useful part in some way. Ask any warband leader, they love to have meat shields of pug warbands.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Tamarlan

Post#13 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am

Tamarlan wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 am
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:18 am Start practicing 6v6 and Orginized Warbands and you will see a miracle one day.

There won’t be any special rewards for pugs players no matter how high their renown rank.
So you are telling pugs to change their mindset in order to get future rewards. Looking at the number of pugs compared to the 6v6 community and the general trend of population do you really think this is a good idea?

Personally I think that the existance of a healthy amount of pugs, open warbands and random players is the most important differentiation compared to APOC.

I would recommend to treat pugs as an asset not as trash which refuses to play the game the same way as you do.

Pug environment is almost impossible to balance, players often don’t play their roles correctly, synergies between classes happen on random basis, skill floor hits the bottom and of course it’s quite unstable and unreliable part of the community. Yes, there might be a lot of pugs and they may be even cheerful and kind people but they are also people who may show the least dedication to the game.
So, no, thanks, that part won’t be treated as kings and queens — you have a pug sc already which is one of the best ways to farm gear (unless your side get stomped on constant basis because of “random” reasons).
I did not talk about balance at all. I talk about the attitude you proved with your first statement.

I am just saying that pugs are the key to a healthy server population. The team did a lot for casuals in the past which is most likely one of the reasons why you can count APOC server population with one hand.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

michela89

Post#14 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:45 am

DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am Pugs are a very useful part in some way. Ask any warband leader, they love to have meat shields of pug warbands.

it is nice to know what a community manager think.

Alandrian

Post#15 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am

It’s my personal opinion tho.

I live in New Zealand and find it hard to participate in premades because I ususally play during non-peak hours. I have a guild but I am almost never on when my guildies are organizing premades and events because of my different geographical location. So 99% of the time I'm in a pug wb. If this game was made to be premade focused then I would be forced to quit, and I suspect a significant portion of the community would too, leaving only the premaders who care to organize their life and schedule around a videogame in order to show "the most dedication". ;)

I've been playing WAR since closed beta btw, thats hardly "the least dedication to the game".
Last edited by Alandrian on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smellybelly

Post#16 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 am

Alandrian wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am

So you are telling pugs to change their mindset in order to get future rewards. Looking at the number of pugs compared to the 6v6 community and the general trend of population do you really think this is a good idea?

Personally I think that the existance of a healthy amount of pugs, open warbands and random players is the most important differentiation compared to APOC.

I would recommend to treat pugs as an asset not as trash which refuses to play the game the same way as you do.

I live in New Zealand and find it hard to participate in premades because I ususally play during non-peak hours. I have a guild but I am almost never on when my guildies are organizing premades and events because of my different geographical location. So 99% of the time I'm in a pug wb. If this game was made to be premade focused then I would be forced to quit, and I suspect a significant portion of the community would too, leaving only the premaders who care to organize their life and schedule around a videogame in order to show "the most dedication". ;)
Why would you be forced to quit when its only logical to switch guild to a more active one, especially if no one is online when you are.

Alandrian

Post#17 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am

Smellybelly wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 am

Why would you be forced to quit when its only logical to switch guild to a more active one, especially if no one is online when you are.

My guild is active, it's just that I am in Oceania and nobody else is. To my knowledge, there are no active Oceanic guilds on Destruction.

DanielWinner

Post#18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 am

I don’t mind people who have to play casually or “puggy” when they simply have to and don’t have any other option because of various reasons. I pug myself a lot with jackie chan builds and no pots because of lack of time and willing to do so.
But I won’t support people who refuse to group, when nothing stops them from it, and then complain that something in the game is unbalanced, unfair, etc.
That’s my POV.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#19 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 am

Alandrian wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am
Smellybelly wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 am

My guild is active, it's just that I am in Oceania and nobody else is. To my knowledge, there are no active Oceanic guilds on Destruction.
Again, if they are never online when you are, then you have no reason to be in that guild..search for a new one, i wish you luck. Being solo 100% of the time is just boring.

Telen
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am

So here we have it play the way were told to or gtfo