Recent Topics

Ads

Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DanielWinner

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#21 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 am

michela89 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:45 am
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am Pugs are a very useful part in some way. Ask any warband leader, they love to have meat shields of pug warbands.

it is nice to know what a community manager think.
You should get me right. I’m allowed to have my personal opinion but it will never get cross with the community interests. I will always pursue better quality of life for every part of the playerbase.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
carmine3161

Post#22 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:18 am

Chinesehero wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:01 am For example, some high rank gear which slightly powerful than the old one
or just add a pocket which add little stats for bonus
Is that suggestion good??? Give some comments
To answer the original question, "high rank gear which slightly powerful than the old one" is planned.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 am

It's still a bad attitude to have... because in the end, we are all pugs at some times simply because no one runs 24/7 dedicated boybands/minmaxed warbands.
Yes, I'm one of the rare maybe 1-2% of playerbase playing in organized guild warband - but even we (DnD) have just 3 weekly raids of 2-4 hours - apart from those our members either log in to do occasional orvr pugging, maybe occasional sc, maybe occasional alt leveling, and occasional sc pugging.
So despite individual player efforts to "not pug", only extremely small portion of playerbase would belong to category "never pugging". (assuming some 6man players only log in when their 6man is active and otherwise don't bother logging in)
So the vast majority of the playerbase is pugging during a considerable portion of their time spent playing the game (even if they on occasion do get organized into wbs or 6mans).

To have a disdain for a big portion of playerbase who either doesn't have time to commit to minmaxed warbands or listening to voicecoms or speccing correctly... it's just not good for the long term aspects of this game to have "higher ups" dislike how large portion of the playerbase play the game.
I'm not asking for total "pug balancing" - but ensuring we never again get absolutely retarded pug-killer class specs like Guardian WL or GTDC Greenskin Waaaghs roflstomping anything with the power of one ability or over the top dps healer specs that are "two in one" deals (why play actual dps if you get both good dps and good heals in one deal?)...

but please stop giving the "lol pugs l2play scrubs" attitude, it's really bad coming from a community manager.

carmine3161

Post#24 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:44 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 am It's still a bad attitude to have... because in the end, we are all pugs at some times simply because no one runs 24/7 dedicated boybands/minmaxed warbands.
Yes, I'm one of the rare maybe 1-2% of playerbase playing in organized guild warband - but even we (DnD) have just 3 weekly raids of 2-4 hours - apart from those our members either log in to do occasional orvr pugging, maybe occasional sc, maybe occasional alt leveling, and occasional sc pugging.
So despite individual player efforts to "not pug", only extremely small portion of playerbase would belong to category "never pugging". (assuming some 6man players only log in when their 6man is active and otherwise don't bother logging in)
So the vast majority of the playerbase is pugging during a considerable portion of their time spent playing the game (even if they on occasion do get organized into wbs or 6mans).

To have a disdain for a big portion of playerbase who either doesn't have time to commit to minmaxed warbands or listening to voicecoms or speccing correctly... it's just not good for the long term aspects of this game to have "higher ups" dislike how large portion of the playerbase play the game.
I'm not asking for total "pug balancing" - but ensuring we never again get absolutely retarded pug-killer class specs like Guardian WL or GTDC Greenskin Waaaghs roflstomping anything with the power of one ability or over the top dps healer specs that are "two in one" deals (why play actual dps if you get both good dps and good heals in one deal?)...

but please stop giving the "lol pugs l2play scrubs" attitude, it's really bad coming from a community manager.
Thanks for sharing your concerns i appreciate it. I agree with you as i was once a pug and still like to, it's a important aspect to the community, everyone deserves to be welcomed and to be allowed to enjoy playing the game how they want to play no matter your skill level.
My Videos My Twitch

DanielWinner

Post#25 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am

Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 am It's still a bad attitude to have... because in the end, we are all pugs at some times simply because no one runs 24/7 dedicated boybands/minmaxed warbands.

Thanks for your input but you’d better not try to judge my personal view and present me as a pug-villian-hater-whatnot. I just mentioned the known fact that the skill floor, synergy between classes and communication in average pug environment is lower than in organized play of every scale.
Would you argue with me that casual-pug play requires less effort? It also consumes less time because you don’t waste time organizing a group, setting up voice communication and learning group synergies.
Then why should it be rewarded more than it is now (Pug sc, fixes of pug-killer classes and etc).

I apologize if I’ve hurt someone’s feelings. No one will ever take away your ability to play casually and in any other way you want to.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am

Telen wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am So here we have it play the way were told to or gtfo

Didn't Daniel stated it is his personal oppinion already? No need to be so hostile.

carmine3161

Post#27 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am

To prevent further derailing of the original topic please go back to answering the topic at hand.

Moved to Off Topic
My Videos My Twitch

witchdoctor

Post#28 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:56 pm

just a short Question...

After i read the 3 pages of this thread, i notices that the community (specially pugs) is the dirt under daniel's shoes...
But this is oke, because it is his personal opinion?

I can treat you as I want, because my text is white :lol:

Ads
ajnin420
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm

michela89 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:45 am
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am Pugs are a very useful part in some way. Ask any warband leader, they love to have meat shields of pug warbands.

it is nice to know what a community manager think.
Agreed... attitude towards players is insane and uncalled for. The name calling is just childish.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:01 am For example, some high rank gear which slightly powerful than the old one
or just add a pocket which add little stats for bonus
Is that suggestion good??? Give some comments
Thats just my opinion ( :) ), but giving "more power" to those who are already powerfull (because geared, organised, high ranked) wouldn't help in any way to balance of game.

You must keep in mind many part of the game are still missing and some new challenges will come soon or later.

But in the end, i think no one want to experience the RR100 stuff situation from live again.