Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
dolleater
Posts: 43

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#31 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Chinesehero wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:01 am
For example, some high rank gear which slightly powerful than the old one
or just add a pocket which add little stats for bonus
Is that suggestion good??? Give some comments

No, this is not a good suggestion. There is already enough of a divide between new players and old (old in this example means "more time spent").

The tried and tested version of this is cosmetics or other non-gameplay affecting rewards (titles, animations etc).

Ive never understood this concept of making the game/challenge easier for people that spend more time on it, its just pleasing peoples need to dominate others without effort.
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

Ads
User avatar
ragafury
Legacy RR80
Posts: 679

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#32 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 pm

about Daniels Opinion and contributing your opinion as a player while being a CM:
Spoiler:
Was Daniels initial wording sensitive in my opinion?

Nope. Not really.

Is he allowed to have an opinion as a player and voice it.

Yes, absolutly.

He is not a roboter in the service of RoR awnsering and moderating forums posts.
He can contribute like every other user of this forum and voice his opinion.
If his opinion is, that the game should be played in an organised enviroment, than so be it.
If he doesn't agree that rewards should be the same for unorganised groups and premades, so be it, it's his opinion as a player.
His texts are not marked as staff comments / CM comments. He wrote under almost every of his post that it is: "his PoV".
Please see the difference.

Please respect it. As he respects your opinions.
Reread his signature.

Are Casuals, Noobs, Pick Up Group players welcome on this server?

Absolutly!
There is a PUG SC, there are pug leaders in the RvR lakes doing the best they can to organize otherwise unorganized players and the "open group" tool is still in place.
Many ppl. from the staff and from the community helped and are helping people to get into the game via providing technical support, guides etc.
There is no introduction question on how someone will spend his time on the game / server; be it preamde or pick up group, and if awnsered wrong the player gets rejected. :P


If daniel stepped on anyones toes with his comment, I'm sorry, but the result of this is not that CMs will mute themselves and hold back there personal opinion as a player on discussions.
on topic:

achieving high RR is not really an achievement.
giving more power to very likely powerful chars (decked out and max geared usually) is not a thing I'm personally hyped for, but I would like to see cosmetics or content for the past RR80 players. :)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

User avatar
Vilhelmina
Posts: 267
Contact:

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#33 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm another player surprised at the attitude of community managers towards PuGs. Remember, a lot of us have a job/study and so can't play 18 hours a day.
I've done the organised/guild warband a lot but sometimes I want a more relaxed experience. So I often join a PuG wb without having some crazed wb leader shouting, "MINUS 50 DKP!" all the time. I'm not a noob, I know my class, I'm aware of my surroundings, and I know when to attack and when to fall back.
WITHOUT PuGs, you'd only have your pre-mades bitching that there's no-one around who will fight them on their terms.

As for the OP, for players like them, who think this game is all about soloing 6 opponents and that they actually deserve gear that radiates damage, I think they do deserve something... A 'SH1T-BUCKET" title. Only awarded to the top 10 players who often make the TV news because they died at the keyboard or their partner left them because the smell from their room was atrocious.

User avatar
ragafury
Legacy RR80
Posts: 679

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#34 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Vilhelmina wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:24 pm
I'm another player surprised at the attitude of community managers towards PuGs. Remember, a lot of us have a job/study and so can't play 18 hours a day.
I've done the organised/guild warband a lot but sometimes I want a more relaxed experience. So I often join a PuG wb without having some crazed wb leader shouting, "MINUS 50 DKP!" all the time. I'm not a noob, I know my class, I'm aware of my surroundings, and I know when to attack and when to fall back.
WITHOUT PuGs, you'd only have your pre-mades bitching that there's no-one around who will fight them on their terms.

As for the OP, for players like them, who think this game is all about soloing 6 opponents and that they actually deserve gear that radiates damage, I think they do deserve something... A 'SH1T-BUCKET" title. Only awarded to the top 10 players who often make the TV news because they died at the keyboard or their partner left them because the smell from their room was atrocious.
again, and again. :P

he stated his personal opinion as a player, not from a CM view or staff view.

if it was stated from a CM / staff point of view it would be written in stylish color.

He made it very clear in almost all of his awnsers that it is: "His personal Point of View."

I personally also haven't signed a contract were I have to exclude myself from public discussions.

At least I can't remember it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

User avatar
Nameless
Posts: 669

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#35 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Just use some basic gm accounts so your names stay unknown like it is for patch notes. So ppl wont target u personally and we will spare quite alot of forum drama
Mostly harmless

User avatar
ragafury
Legacy RR80
Posts: 679

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Nameless wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:08 pm
Just use some basic gm accounts so your names stay unknown like it is for patch notes. So ppl wont target u personally and we will spare quite alot of forum drama
Is that a communication concept / culture that's worth achieving?

I personally doubt it.

I agree it would safe much hassle potentially, but tbh. count me out than.

I rather go than back to the "old system" and give up on this.

In general, and I have expected nothing else tbf., is my impression that ppl. are up for "testing borders" the past few days.
But no tears if the banhammer falls out of the sudden, especially if it gets personal.

You can always think about handing out warnings and bans, but it can't be the solution that the community strifes for and also not me personally.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

User avatar
Telen
Posts: 2219
Contact:

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#37 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Probably just shouldn't put yourself up for the position if your personal opinion of parts of the playerbase is such tbh.
Image

Kretschmer
Posts: 41

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#38 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

agreed with Telen, espec when 6v6 community here is almost dead since long time tbh, building 6 man is not such achievement one should get insta rewarded.
Community Manager tag is for building bridges. I see no point in being disrecpetful towards majority of players (we should value and respect them) in the name of some virtual minority.
I felt some answers were on level of average young League of Legends player,
not Community Manager here.

Also with all due respect if u answer to OP who has much more recognizable name (not on forum - in game!) and is more dedicated to game (time and playing in harsh enviroment, against all odds) and not for some kind unnatural epeen game within this MMO - respect him.

Or i can imagine someone who put giant work in building real community within game like Ocara will ask in calm way about sth on forum and will get several
salty, cold, degrading answers because two years ago he wasnt in "ultraepeen" 10 mins 6 man
fights against 6 man "epeenonlinegaming".
Sometimes u can be better and known only as funny compilation maker (no pun intended- im relating to player with whom i played and his way too harsh pov opinions, not vs staff member).

Ads
User avatar
DanielWinner
Community Manager
Posts: 410
Contact:

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#39 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Spoiler:
Kretschmer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm
agreed with Telen, espec when 6v6 community here is almost dead since long time tbh, building 6 man is not such achievement one should get insta rewarded.
Community Manager tag is for building bridges. I see no point in being disrecpetful towards majority of players (we should value and respect them) in the name of some virtual minority.
I felt some answers were on level of average young League of Legends player,
not Community Manager here.

Also with all due respect if u answer to OP who has much more recognizable name (not on forum - in game!) and is more dedicated to game (time and playing in harsh enviroment, against all odds) and not for some kind unnatural epeen game within this MMO - respect him.

Or i can imagine someone who put giant work in building real community within game like Ocara will ask in calm way about sth on forum and will get several
salty, cold, degrading answers because two years ago he wasnt in "ultraepeen" 10 mins 6 man
fights against 6 man "epeenonlinegaming".
Sometimes u can be better and known only as funny compilation maker (no pun intended- im relating to player with whom i played and his way too harsh pov opinions, not vs staff member).
That’s really funny how you attack me with that 6v6 card over and over and completely miss the point that I mentioned EVERY ORGONIZED thing in the game: single group and Warband. Now try to accuse me in being 24v24 elitist too. Nice cherrypicking tho.
This colour is always used for moderation and opinion of the team.

Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha
Image

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 380

Re: Any rewards for the hard play of the high rank player?

Post#40 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:42 pm

The game was designed around group play. That's not the same as being designed around competitive play. If anything the game was never really cared about competition, but it didn't cater to pugs either.

Never introduced small group level matchmaking, leader boards that were based on skill instead of amount played and they even let people AFK their way to scenario weapons when they were first introduced.

My personal opinion would probably side with someone who thinks you deserve better rewards for being competitive. But the history of the game doesnt really fall in line with that way of thinking.

Having said all of that, people are too easily offended. Even if you think a staff memeber is a DBag, who cares? Maybe you dont agree with them, maybe you hate them, but sometimes hating someone is more interested than a PC robot like response to everything. For example this thread was a pretty entertaining read, we have a staff memeber to thank for that.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest