Recent Topics

Ads

Order behaviour

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kragg

Re: Order behaviour

Post#61 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:17 pm Barricades spawning with good enough AAO might be funny.
I tested code like that before, although that was with barricades in the lake itself, not the keeps. I can see them work great for Bitterstone Thunderers in battle to have a nice barricade in front of a gunline :oops:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Acidic

Post#62 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Kragg wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:45 pm
Hargrim wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:17 pm Barricades spawning with good enough AAO might be funny.
I tested code like that before, although that was with barricades in the lake itself, not the keeps. I can see them work great for Bitterstone Thunderers in battle to have a nice barricade in front of a gunline :oops:
The dwarfs won’t be be able to see over the baracades or if they can the rest can just step over them :)

Kragg

Post#63 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:08 pm
Kragg wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:45 pm
The dwarfs won’t be be able to see over the baracades or if they can the rest can just step over them :)
Name of your destro character(s)? I have a grudge to settle!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Onemantankwall

Post#64 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm

drmordread wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:37 pm Wow, just wow.

When Destro leave siege in lord room or use it to make barricades, no problem. But the minute order uses it, it is a d-bag move. What a great mentality to have on destro side. Like you are entitled to an easy time and a gold bag on every roll.

Using siege to slow down opponent is NOT an exploit. You can not even consider saying it is an exploit. It is nothing more than another obstacle placed before you by your opponents. That is what they have to do. Slow you down. Stop you. That is what the game is about.

Right now, the siege use as obstacles is the ONLY working zerg blocking mechanic available in the game. Especially when you are outnumbered 3 to 1 or 4 to 1. And it doesn't even really change the outcome. The zerg will take the keep, the zerg will kill the lord. The only difference is ... you actually have to play and not just surf the zerg and coast to a green or blue bag roll.
Wrong destro does condone the use of any exploits, i had to move a cannom just now in praag to stop 3rd floor los exploit, i dont put up with that crap in my wbs everyone should be this way.
Edit: p.s. had aao the whole time wiped order about 4 times then flipped the zone, exploits are just crutchs for the unskilled
P.p.s. morale bombs ftw
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Foomy44

Post#65 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:44 pm

drmordread wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:37 pm When Destro leave siege in lord room or use it to make barricades, no problem. But the minute order uses it, it is a d-bag move. What a great mentality to have on destro side. Like you are entitled to an easy time and a gold bag on every roll.
Please show me the forum post order made about destro players abusing this cheap tactic and the devs inside confirming it's ok, no problem. Or are you just making **** up to help out your pathetic argument? And your debate tactics need some help, I dunno how you can say things like "You can not even consider saying it is an exploit" with a straight face, has that ever worked for you in an argument?
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

DanielWinner

Post#66 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:44 pm
drmordread wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:37 pm When Destro leave siege in lord room or use it to make barricades, no problem. But the minute order uses it, it is a d-bag move. What a great mentality to have on destro side. Like you are entitled to an easy time and a gold bag on every roll.
Please show me the forum post order made about destro players abusing this cheap tactic and the devs inside confirming it's ok, no problem. Or are you just making **** up to help out your pathetic argument? And your debate tactics need some help, I dunno how you can say things like "You can not even consider saying it is an exploit" with a straight face, has that ever worked for you in an argument?
Yo guys keep it civil. I know, the thread is a pure quality itself but there is no need to fight.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

drmordread
Suspended

Post#67 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:42 pm

When Destro leave siege in lord room or use it to make barricades, no problem. But the minute order uses it, it is a d-bag move. What a great mentality to have on destro side. Like you are entitled to an easy time and a gold bag on every roll.

Using siege to slow down opponent is NOT an exploit. You can not even consider saying it is an exploit. It is nothing more than another obstacle placed before you by your opponents. That is what they have to do. Slow you down. Stop you. That is what the game is about.

Right now, the siege use as obstacles is the ONLY working zerg blocking mechanic available in the game. Especially when you are outnumbered 3 to 1 or 4 to 1. And it doesn't even really change the outcome. The zerg will take the keep, the zerg will kill the lord. The only difference is ... you actually have to play and not just surf the zerg and coast to a green or blue bag roll.

Wow, just wow. When destro (and Order sometimes) did the ram thing we changed code so the rams can't really be exploited that way anymore - that is, left in keep to block people.

It is considered as an exploit, take it as you want. Sieges are supposed to be used only as means to deliver dmg or kill doors.

Also, drop the bias, it's stale.
Ahh see I did not know you changed it, nor that you considered it one. See that changes everything. Not in how I feel, but in how I conduct my gaming. Suppose I will join the rest of order in just not bothering to defend a zone when outnumbered 4 to 1. Let the EZDesZerg Roll.

Bias stale? Let's make a deal ... When I can log on to a destro toon, play it, and NOT have it be OP compared to my order toon mirror; I'll cut it out. And I wont even insist that destro players quit complaining in public chat about order being OP.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Fallenkezef

Post#68 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm

drmordread wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am
Hargrim wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Wow, just wow. When destro (and Order sometimes) did the ram thing we changed code so the rams can't really be exploited that way anymore - that is, left in keep to block people.

It is considered as an exploit, take it as you want. Sieges are supposed to be used only as means to deliver dmg or kill doors.

Also, drop the bias, it's stale.
Ahh see I did not know you changed it, nor that you considered it one. See that changes everything. Not in how I feel, but in how I conduct my gaming. Suppose I will join the rest of order in just not bothering to defend a zone when outnumbered 4 to 1. Let the EZDesZerg Roll.

Bias stale? Let's make a deal ... When I can log on to a destro toon, play it, and NOT have it be OP compared to my order toon mirror; I'll cut it out. And I wont even insist that destro players quit complaining in public chat about order being OP.
Choppas envy rampage
IB and BG are even
WH and WE are even
Engi and Magus have a fun parity
Kotbs and Chosen are even

Stop talking bs?
Alea iacta est

Ads
kauyon1

Post#69 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm
Hargrim wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:42 pm Also, drop the bias, it's stale.
Choppas envy rampage
IB and BG are even
WH and WE are even

Stop talking bs?
That seems like all the classes. Surely there aren't particular ones with imbalance not listed. /s

Not that I agree with the whine, just noting how if we were to remark on the imbalances, those aren't the classes that would be involved.

Fallenkezef

Post#70 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:37 pm

kauyon1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Fallenkezef wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm
Choppas envy rampage
IB and BG are even
WH and WE are even

Stop talking bs?
That seems like all the classes. Surely there aren't particular ones with imbalance not listed. /s

Not that I agree with the whine, just noting how if we were to remark on the imbalances, those aren't the classes that would be involved.
There are issues, however it's not a blanket bias and most of orders problems are due to too many rdps classes and no frontline despite the fact that all 3 Order tanks are excellent
Alea iacta est