Recent Topics

Ads

dots now have a chance to dismount

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dansari

Re: dots now have a chance to dismount

Post#21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:38 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm You mean the melee dps classes who are in general garbage in keep seiges and unfavoured as dps slots in warband do to lack of reach in bunker setups gets an advantage tool to outmanouver others which is allmoast always neglecteble due to mounts?
Greenskinz tactics. And melee dps aren't wanted in warband slots... wut?
<Salt Factory>

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:20 pm

dansari wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:38 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm You mean the melee dps classes who are in general garbage in keep seiges and unfavoured as dps slots in warband do to lack of reach in bunker setups gets an advantage tool to outmanouver others which is allmoast always neglecteble due to mounts?
Greenskinz tactics. And melee dps aren't wanted in warband slots... wut?
What does run away have to do with mounts? It's not even comparable. Mounts are a tool to get from long distance point A to B. Run Away are in combat tactics that allows you to flee. And yes melee dps are not desireble in RVR at the same extent as there are tons of situations they become a shafted coz they lack reach. All aspects can be played with melee specced ranged dps and they are much more adapteble for the reason. Due to the reason rdps and tanks are able to mount they can charge like melee dps and CC and burst at like one. This should have been restricted to mdps classes but it's being exploited since day one to get a "charge" on non mdps classes.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Your so called exploit is just your opinion and probably most mdps and rdps alike will disagree.
Dying is no option.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Are you really comparing mounting up in combat to having a gap closer/escape tool like charge or pounce or run away? Is this some kind of next level Euro-trolling?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

zageen

Post#25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:03 pm

We can see the mount as a charge ( with no limite) for a cast time , it can surprise and permit low mobility class to sometimes reenter the fight , or rush some ppl in a safe spot . Don't underestimate the mount capacity in a fight.
If you see that as just way to go faster between 2 point , you should consider again the utility of a mount.
Twelves inches unbuffed

Zag 40/83 chosen
Zagm 40/6X mara

Legion of Boom

Zageen 40/7X SM
Diabolomenthe 40/6X KOTBS

nebelwerfer

Post#26 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 pm

you need someone to cleanse you bro git good

Shalktonin

Post#27 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:16 pm

dansari wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:52 pm
zageen wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:33 pm What is the next step , delete juggernaut and charge for melee player and make dot 100% able to reveal stealth?
How did you gain access to the patch notes?
gets my vote i love this idea.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Urdeg

Post#28 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Lot of QQ in this thread but few reasons as to why this is worth getting upset about. To my mind, this gives both Order and Destruction warbands a little more ability to tie up an enemy warband and force them to fight. I like that idea quite a bit.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Ads
anarchypark

Post#29 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:27 am

i was riding, WE opened me with moving dot tick.

b4 patch - ignore it and run away if u weren't dismounted at first attack.
after patch - fight

more fights ( and more death )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

roadkillrobin

Post#30 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:46 am

The main issue of mounts is that it gives a game winning charge advantage vs dissmounted enemies. The speed buff allows for any class to completly out manouver the enemies. This is something that imo should be limited to melee dps classes or else it creates a meta were rdps have it just as easy to reach their goal as a melee specced ranged dps class and tanks that are designed to have bad mobillity. This been utilized since day one of this game to push tanks and sorcs/bw's into melee range. Why you think Sorcs/BW was favored rvr dps almoast the entire lifespam of this game? Coz they can reach their target just aswell as mdps can, even as melee specced rdps. They are able to safely take out stuff like cannons and oil from range, shoot from elevated positions and they have better reach on even their melee skills. Removing mounts would give an advantage and purpose of melee classes once and for all.

Mounts also give the utillity to blobs to cover more ground without splitting up as it gives the speed to hold 2 and sometimes 3 objectives.

Mounts also opens up for avoid blockades of enemies as you can just ride straight pass em wich leads to less combat in the lakes.