Recent Topics

Ads

dots now have a chance to dismount

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
rmpl

dots now have a chance to dismount

Post#1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Ads
Akilinus

Re: dots now have a chance to dismount

Post#2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

rmpl

Post#3 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:06 pm

i know i was just taking a jab at this change hence why its in off topic

Athergic

Post#4 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:02 pm

I don't know why this was changed. I noticed almost immediately in RvR, engineers put a couple dots on you from 100+ range, and they eventually dismount you. It's very unlikely that you will remain mounted for the duration of a couple 20 second or so dots.

Before you had a couple chances of getting out of range while they did instant damage, now one person can dismount you with dots while the others chase on mounts to eventually catch you.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Onemantankwall

Post#5 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:54 am

idk if its doable, but i like what some other games did with their mounts, once mounted u have a mount health bar (yes its rather low and regens when not in combat) once it drops u are dismounted. It allowed for you to take about 3 direct hits before getting knocked off instead of the random rngness of rors mounts
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

dansari

Post#6 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 am

I hate to repeat an old adage, but if you're getting dismounted by engy dots, perhaps play with tanks that will yolo for you?
<Salt Factory>

Athergic

Post#7 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 am

dansari wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 am I hate to repeat an old adage, but if you're getting dismounted by engy dots, perhaps play with tanks that will yolo for you?
I just learned what an adage is. Like if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all right?
Doom Diver front man

Dammy095

Post#8 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am

dansari wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 am I hate to repeat an old adage, but if you're getting dismounted by engy dots, perhaps play with tanks that will yolo for you?
he is a tank himself
how many tanks needed ?

Ads
Athergic

Post#9 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 am

Dammy095 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am
he is a tank himself
how many tanks needed ?
I am the Yolo tank, It sounds like a reasonable solution though! I really just don't understand why it was done in the first place. I liked how the chosen changes had like 2 paragraphs explaining why, as soon as I saw the long explanation it made me think a lot of players wouldn't like the change. I wish every change had a nice explanation, this thing is like this because of that, and now it's going to be like this instead because yolo.
Doom Diver front man

dansari

Post#10 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:56 am

Dammy095 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am
he is a tank himself
how many tanks needed ?
Just like the old adage: as many tanks as necessary
<Salt Factory>