Recent Topics

Ads

aSW+WL+SM combo

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: aSW+WL+SM combo

Post#21 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:53 am

Before the hordes of armchair critics (who don't even partake in 6v6) come in with their sweeping statements and ill-informed observations, here is my PoV as the BG Kosomot, who was on the receiving end of these WL/ASW Premades:

* It is fairly obvious that the Pet is doing some OTT damage at the moment. Scaling was changed/'fixed' a while ago, but obviously the ramifications of such a change have only just been felt as this was the first competitive event that really made use of the Guardian WL (who benefits from the TTK stance). Bear in mind that WL has abilities which are off the GCD (silence), which can be used to further ramp-up damage in light of the new scaling/mastery gain.

* The White Lion himself is not doing too much damage; again, to reiterate, it is the Pet that is a bit overtuned atm (benefiting too much from master's stats or something/scaling or mastery gain of certain abilities a bit OTT).

* WH is even more lethal than the mSW with a WL/SM combo (DPS-wise); the difference is the teleport. Mobility is key in a fight, which will lead me onto one of my suggestions below.

* In spite of these issues, we still shouldn't take away from the Order premades whatsoever: they played very well. The pick-up group I was a part of had not played with eachother as a group until 2 hours before the tournament started, and we were there to have some fun; we did not really expect to conquer guild groups, but we did give as good as we got - despite the Guardian WL pet issues - and had some good fights regardless.

Suggestions

* Fix/revert the pet scaling/mastery gain (it pertains to Engineer/Magus/SH pets, too)

* Give BO back his AoE snare (perhaps with reduced range, like the KOBS). Destro having access to only 1 potent AoE snare via the BG (who needs to be RR70 to use such a spec in the first place) means that high mobility comps can really flourish. DoK also lost their AoE snare potential (iirc), which only exacerbates things.

Anyone coming in here who is calling for blood, or for the complete castration of X/Y/Z, is talking out of their ass. Again: I was on the receiving end of these premades last night, and still think that only a few things are necessary.

Ads
Wdova

Post#22 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 am

Dont You think SW was nerfed enough? Yes his melee tree was buffed, but I am sure it is still worster than WH, Who Gott better tools for small scale(root immuner, wanish +speed boost, self punt with 6s stagger, etc.)And WH Will probably perform even better than melee SW. Not to mention that melee SW is nowhere near as good as melee SH Who find his place not only in 6 Mans but also in warbands.
Destro melee combo of WE + Mara seems verry strong in my eyes. Was this combo at turnament or Just maguses, choppas And sorcs?
Also premade vs randoms is also huge diference.

Calling out for another order nerfs because of turnament And specific group composition is Just ridicolous.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Bobbiom

Post#23 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am

The main issue that I can see is that ASW got a melee gap closer and that together with WL will outplay destro.
Why a range dps have a melee gap closer in the first place is beyond me.

If a target gets out of melee range from the ASW shouldn't the SW switch stance and start shooting arrows untill he gets into melee range?
Last edited by Bobbiom on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:11 am

Bobbiom wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am The main issue that I can see is that ASW got a melee gap closer and that together with WL will outplay destro

If a target get out of range from the SW shouldn't the SW , start shooting arrows untill he gets into melee range?
When the SW is spec'd 15pts into Assault, and using tactics that facilitate to a melee playstyle, he should no longer be considered a 'ranged dps'.

Warfare80

Post#25 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:11 am
Bobbiom wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am The main issue that I can see is that ASW got a melee gap closer and that together with WL will outplay destro

If a target get out of range from the SW shouldn't the SW , start shooting arrows untill he gets into melee range?
When the SW is spec'd 15pts into Assault, and using tactics that facilitate to a melee playstyle, he should no longer be considered a 'ranged dps'.
If we remove the bow,then we should add another sword so melee SWs can dualwield.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Bobbiom

Post#26 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 am

But there is still 14 more points to spend, in range trees.

Warfare80

Post#27 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 am

Bobbiom wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 am

But there is still 13 more points to spend, in range trees.
You are right,that would need alot of rework in the trees. In other words, SWs should not become a pure mdps. The melee SW is still a hybrid imo :)

Edit: We are leaving the topic
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Wdova

Post#28 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:19 am

Bobbiom wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am The main issue that I can see is that ASW got a melee gap closer and that together with WL will outplay destro.

If a target get out of range from the SW shouldn't the SW start shooting arrows untill he gets into melee range?
Any speed booster is considered as gap closer right? So Why melee SH has the fastest charge in the game? We could continue like this almodt endlesly. Why this charakter has XY abbility/tactic/morale when its mirror has not.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Akilinus

Post#29 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 am

MeanMachine7519 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:18 am Yes , yesterday's tournament was a joke but it's aint order fault...
I mean when u put rr8x premades who are use to play together vs /5 lf parties well **** happens
The WL / SW is a great combo maybe we should cry less and find the same type of combo in destro
? There were no bad players/teams on the destro side
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Nekkma

Post#30 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:42 am

Wdova wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:19 am
Bobbiom wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am The main issue that I can see is that ASW got a melee gap closer and that together with WL will outplay destro.

If a target get out of range from the SW shouldn't the SW start shooting arrows untill he gets into melee range?
Any speed booster is considered as gap closer right? So Why melee SH has the fastest charge in the game? We could continue like this almodt endlesly. Why this charakter has XY abbility/tactic/morale when its mirror has not.
One question, however, is if those types of powerful, sometimes class defining, abilities should be given to other classes in the first place. Fixing the main role of the sw, i.e. Rdps, should be a priority and not willy nilly giving some classes entire new roles. From a principle point of view I disagree with a rdps having a spec more or less turning them into functional mdps. I hated the swtor route where every class eventually got a bit of everything.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron