Recent Topics

Ads

Destro

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nat3s

Re: Destro

Post#81 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 am

Mara has some nice tools, but i still find WL is more powerful. Mara utility is also overplayed, if you look at composition synergies a Mara+BG or Mara+MSH just doesn't come close to the potency of WL+MSW. Add slayers/choppas into the melee trains of each side and things get worse.

The gap closers order has mean damage is much more reliably applied to their targets and the burst of WL+MSW is unhealable if well timed. The second a Mara switches Monstros you have the destro melee train on the back foot, most of the utility of a mara is locked outside of monstros stance as is their pressure. A WL/MSW can force a Mara into monstros almost instantly.

In zerg vs zerg I don't think balance really comes into it, it's purely which side has the numbers in my experience. At present Order seems to be more attractive to players so we see them rolling t2+ with higher pop. It wasn't always that way. The only change i see being needed for zerg balance is perhaps tuning down the potency of BW bomb spec which is higher than any aoe dps spec destro has (including changing magus).

My big concern is purely the small scale synergies which are clearly out of whack and the devs haven't noticed it yet. I hope in time this will be addressed. Some of the mirror match ups are similarly order favoured at present. I wonder whether this was an intentional design due to destro rolling t4 6 months back to help even out the pop. With everyone now flocking to order for the consistent zone locks, I think it might be time to tone down order or bring up destro to create more even balance and bring the players back to destro again.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Warfare80

Post#82 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 am

WL vs Mara in 1v1 fights,i loose and i win 50% ish.That is if i use pet,and it does not despawn, wich it does ALOT. Im only rr60 and im using vanq/BL.
I focus on smallscale. When im in bigscale i just do not find any tools to be a part of the fight. Maras have strong defensive/survival skills,WL do not. And im fine with that. Because i see WL as a smallscale fighter. If we nerf the "smallscale" then the class dies. Because devs will not add anything wich makes WL usefull in bigscale fights.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Tesq

Post#83 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:11 am

Scrilian wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:56 am
Tesq wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:27 pm meanwhile kobs --->free infinite ap from useless armor buff (balance! )
Could you elaborate on this one? Last time I've played around on my knight I did not recall Perseverance giving more than 10AP per second, unless anything changed in the past year or so. Surely not felt infinite by any stretch of the imagination :|
it's free and an addition to anything you have, it keep give ap for 15 sec even when you flee, also work perfectly with hold the line..... 10/12 ap consumption...

nat3s

Post#84 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Warfare80 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 am WL vs Mara in 1v1 fights,i loose and i win 50% ish.That is if i use pet,and it does not despawn, wich it does ALOT. Im only rr60 and im using vanq/BL.
I focus on smallscale. When im in bigscale i just do not find any tools to be a part of the fight. Maras have strong defensive/survival skills,WL do not. And im fine with that. Because i see WL as a smallscale fighter. If we nerf the "smallscale" then the class dies. Because devs will not add anything wich makes WL usefull in bigscale fights.
Of the melee classes t's only really MSH, Slayer and Choppa that bring AoE bomb potential to a warband. Maras are just as useless as WL in large scale, both classes shine in small scale.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

kmark101

Post#85 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm

nat3s wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 pm
Of the melee classes t's only really MSH, Slayer and Choppa that bring AoE bomb potential to a warband. Maras are just as useless as WL in large scale, both classes shine in small scale.
Tbh you couldn't be more clueless about mara.... as it was written before, it's the best class of the game by far, with huge damage potential, great defense tools and for warband play the only easily utilized morale drainer, which is the SINGLE deciding factor in organized large scale battles. Mara is a top class in every game mode.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

adapter
Suspended

Post#86 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Yes it is way better to play destro, we got da badass gear and mounts

Why would you wanna play Order when it's favored by the balance developers since always, why would you wanna play the EASY MODE of the game? when you can be a real player and play HARD MODE as Destro.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

nat3s

Post#87 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 pm

kmark101 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm
Tbh you couldn't be more clueless about mara.... as it was written before, it's the best class of the game by far, with huge damage potential, great defense tools and for warband play the only easily utilized morale drainer, which is the SINGLE deciding factor in organized large scale battles. Mara is a top class in every game mode.
Yes the morale drain is nice, but the Mara doesn't bring bomb potential.

Mara has the best utility and some nice damage, but their burst is much lower than a WL. WL+MSW is the top melee comp at present, you can't deny it.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

peterthepan3

Post#88 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:18 pm

nat3s wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 pm
kmark101 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm
Yes the morale drain is nice, but the Mara doesn't bring bomb potential.

Mara has the best utility and some nice damage, but their burst is much lower than a WL. WL+MSW is the top melee comp at present, you can't deny it.
You're mixing up RvR specs with 6-man specs, and Marauder is incredibly potent in both: in fact, a Marauder is the best DPS to bring against the WL/MSW (pulls to counter their pounces, GoF to cuck their armor pen, very tough anyway due to the leech HD, potent armor debuff, PB + double armor debuff negating almost entirely MSW Armor), and is the best MDPS to bring of all MDPS in a WB setting.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#89 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Wl has the burst of a full off squishy bw, medium armor, is a 65ft ”ranged dps”, ”immune” to snare/KB, ok util, great cc and can escape melee focus at will.

Mara is also heavily nerfed compared to live but yes it is the best pdps (if not only) vs ”heavy” 5-6k armor ASWs with ”pounce”. Hint hint guess what is broken.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

peterthepan3

Post#90 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Bozzax wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm
Mara is the best pdps vs any melee comp Order can bring
Fixed*