Recent Topics

Ads

first imrpessions

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DoktorGonzo

Re: first imrpessions

Post#11 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:22 pm
DoktorGonzo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:21 pm >kids that love this game for reasons of nostalgia are welcome to leave a cry of refuse and defend their beloved game, i dont really care about them since my question is pointed towards the developers

im sure u guys can do better
I don't think anyone really gives two shits what you say after leading with that, truth be told.

I'd also advise you to ignore any feedback given to you by Dammy095, for future reference.
woah easy there big guy

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:41 pm

what was it like in AoR ?
killing everything he want?
i'm lvling one now. no problem in assisting, so far
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

jayjaywarrior

Post#13 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:45 pm

no this game is balanced like ****
nobody uses full sets.
2.there's no designated specs except fotm specs and the others are borderline/unpractical and its quite frankly why im suprised that theres even a community and also why i dislike all the hardcore team players
3.adding insult from why this game is even around gearing is not layed out in a way that is legable to a player but rather a student, and its like a second life if your a player, and crappy if your a student.
4.even further insulting from 2 and 3 is gearing is terrible, stack 3 set piece bonuses for wounds and 2 sets now have jewlery pieces that takes months to farm, and simoultaniously having to process other class mechanics stat mechanics set mechanics tactics and renown
only reason i'm probably playing at all is because i completed it as a player and this isn't going to get better unless it does in a single patch witch is unrealistically still not happening

DoktorGonzo

Post#14 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:53 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:41 pm what was it like in AoR ?
killing everything he want?
i'm lvling one now. no problem in assisting, so far
unironicly sorry but im not quite sure what you mean.. im still new to this so cut me some slack ; )
if you are saying that you created a squig herder now and you are playing him in t1 or t2.. i agree with you.
i had a good experience there, too. unfortunately my experience worsened the higher my level and ranking got.
first i thought it's all about the equipment which i didnt have but im coming to the conclusion thats its more about the classes and characters themselves.
still im very open evidence that im mistaken.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#15 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Alright

Akilinus

Post#16 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Not sure what new people expect when starting out on this server. If you decide to play solo you are going to have a bad time.
And for those who dont have enough time to get the best gear etc I can recommend a game called World of Warcraft were you can spend the only hour you got to play each day by doing their dailies then log out and repeat the next day. Very cool imo ;)
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Wow, you have trouble on an easy-mode class? I assume you didn't come here for help, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread with trash talking.
Dying is no option.

DoktorGonzo

Post#18 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:17 pm

the coping continues

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:31 pm

DoktorGonzo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:03 pm i'm new to the game. class i chose is squigherder. i chose "path of big shooting".
i neither do dmg nor am i able to take the slightest. healers and tanks alike pop me within seconds. inb4 equip. the utility i have is pretty useless and i even tried going for aoe but its just as useless. playing pvp is mostly running away.
scenario win chance for destro is about 20-30%.
all i hear from more experienced players is that its not okay to be killed from a white lion that is able to walk through walls and jump up mountains and bridges and that archmage is the only actual damage dealer in this game. i dont think it would have taken me more than a month to come to the same conclusion.
my feedback is negative.
kids that love this game for reasons of nostalgia are welcome to leave a cry of refuse and defend their beloved game, i dont really care about them since my question is pointed towards the developers:
how come you patch all that good stuff in when the classes and masteries arent properly balanced yet.
shouldnt one focus on the core game before adding extras?
might be that im talking out of my a55 since i never played any mmo.
feel free to take this as an insult and stand in line with the previously mentioned kids but it would be nice if you could answer the question.
also there is a public quest called "the phoenix eye" which has a bug where u can basicly tap the same flag 5 times in order to complete the first phase. sorry for gramma and spelling english is not my native tounge.

cheers
Ah yes, "first" impressions.
Spoiler:
Joined 2017 - naturally

i'm new to the game. - check
scenario win chance for destro is about 20-30%. - check
archmage is the only actual damage dealer in this game. - check
im talking out of my a55 since i never played any mmo. - check check

If you have a bad day in RvR or Scenarios, fix it using the tools available. Group up, coordinate, work with your realm. Coming onto the forums to complain about your "first impression" is a bad look for anyone new who actually comes into the game when it's this devoid from reality.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog