Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Onemantankwall
Posts: 393

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#31 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm

wonshot wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:54 pm
NA order could really use pug warbandleaders for semi organize play. Pretty decent action to be had fighting both L2P destro warband(s) and now Gitbane crew.

Just need someone to rally the troops and there would be brilliant action for everyone.
L2P is more of a organized community rather than a fancy smancy meta guild like 7th and TUP.

I'll never tell a member that he/she can't bring their favorite class. Yes we have 1-2 wes and more than 1 magus and plenty of choppas that run with our bomb sorc guildbands and yes if you bring a suped up meta wb we are gonna melt like butter on the sidewalk during july.

I myself run along on a 23 bomb sorc bolster bombing LEEROYING!!!! Into the order zerg as if im on my rr83 deftard chosen. But we have more fun than any other group of people in a wb during NA whether its a Boyband Night, or we're straight derping our (usually full of a few lowbies like my sorc) wb suiciding balls deep into a 2 wb mass somehow still collecting kills before the last one falls.

But at the end of the day we welcome all fights whether we stand a chance or not.

So order dont be afraid to bring it we'll always be there to provide some kind of fight!
Filthy live vet
Chosen main rr83 (alts to remain nameless, ssshhh)
Founder/Leader of (L2P)
Image

Ads
User avatar
Dackle
Posts: 67

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#32 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:40 pm

He who zergs shall be zerged by the ones that they have zerged! In other words, it depends on who signs on what side, what week ... day ... weekeday....

BeautfulToad
Posts: 326

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#33 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 pm

chokeanutsman wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 am
Anything is better than 100 Order's funneling the keep door on ONE FORT. It takes no skill (even funneling on Destro is brainless, allowing two forts is a GREAT CHANGE).
If one side literally don't have the numbers to have two forts, I don't think there should be two forts. The point of the game is not to be sent to an empty zone and sit around for 30 minutes to pick up a few tokens.

By all means make the fort seiges less about breaking a massive funnel, but just sending the numerically superior side to an empty fort is not the way to do it. The same thing happens to destruction, when they have forts. I would be just as annoyed if order decided to seige an empty fort when you spent a few hours defending a zone with destruction. I play for fighting not to get virtual currencies.

The EU zones have epic battles in RvR and zones might not even be capped.

User avatar
Onemantankwall
Posts: 393

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#34 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:53 pm

BeautfulToad wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 pm
chokeanutsman wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 am
Anything is better than 100 Order's funneling the keep door on ONE FORT. It takes no skill (even funneling on Destro is brainless, allowing two forts is a GREAT CHANGE).
The EU zones have epic battles in RvR and zones might not even be capped.
Those EU 6 hr mindless zerg clashes are boring af and can be equated to cancer.
Ever wonder why nothing ever caps and yet you have 3 zones open?
Everyone zombiehordes in 1 zone megablobbing till one side logs off and the other coat tails beginning of NA prime playing tug a war in the middle of the map with no thought or purpose is snoozeville. EU good for fast sc pops tho!
Filthy live vet
Chosen main rr83 (alts to remain nameless, ssshhh)
Founder/Leader of (L2P)
Image

BeautfulToad
Posts: 326

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#35 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Onemantankwall wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:53 pm
Ever wonder why nothing ever caps and yet you have 3 zones open?
Because noone wants to go to a zone where you don't kill anything, because - you know - that's kind of the point of the game. Certain zones are better than others, but it is usually a pretty fun fight once both keeps are two stars, and has nice seiges.

User avatar
Onemantankwall
Posts: 393

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#36 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:24 pm

BeautfulToad wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm
Onemantankwall wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:53 pm
Ever wonder why nothing ever caps and yet you have 3 zones open?
Because noone wants to go to a zone where you don't kill anything, because - you know - that's kind of the point of the game. Certain zones are better than others, but it is usually a pretty fun fight once both keeps are two stars, and has nice seiges.
Why dont you kill anything why is the zone pvdoored?
Maybe because the 200 mindless gits sitting in the one zone endlessly farming each other refuse to use any thought process to defend the other zone being sieged and no its not just EU.

NA order do the same exact thing, theyll keep camp kv FOR HOURS with 3 wbs while i take a wb to reik and get a free siege because the blob refuses to do anything besides afk in kv keep. Here comes riekwald. ALL of order shuffles over to reikwald to sit cozy in bottom funnel while im now taking kv because once again.... They'd rather hoard mindlessly in a 1 button aoe funnel while watching netflix than defend kv.
Sssooo once again i get 2nd free zone and get to enter a less blobbed usually bottom floor funnel free fort with an actual chance to win thanks to using just a tiny bit of brain power :)

Then they wanna switch realm cuss me and my guild out go on forums/discord and cry "exploit" when all they had to do was either defend kv or hop in stonewatch alil brain goes a long way

It's almost like a..... Like a "L2P" problem. ;)
Last edited by Onemantankwall on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Filthy live vet
Chosen main rr83 (alts to remain nameless, ssshhh)
Founder/Leader of (L2P)
Image

jasonX
Posts: 145

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#37 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:26 pm

BeautfulToad wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm
Onemantankwall wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:53 pm
Ever wonder why nothing ever caps and yet you have 3 zones open?
Because noone wants to go to a zone where you don't kill anything, because - you know - that's kind of the point of the game. Certain zones are better than others, but it is usually a pretty fun fight once both keeps are two stars, and has nice seiges.
Well we usually go to an empty zone start working on the keep and after 4-5 mins we get peeps to fight. :)
Gitbane 80RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 74RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 72RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :(, done with Order)

wpc56
Posts: 58

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#38 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 pm

It's faction balance really

Dest player asks why doesn't order player bring the fight to them in "open field"

That's simply because order melee dps are far inferior to dest equivalent. I simply find that comparison dishonest.

Just cursory comparison between faction melee dps classes:

Outside of WE/WH (which serves a completely different role), each dest melee class have a better and "effective" warband spec

Marauder > WL (aoe morale drain, self heal, built in tactic for toughness, armor penetration immunity sproc)
Choppa > slayer (get to choppa)
SH > SW (bad gas aoe dmg that order has no equivalent of on melee side, with base line armor buff)

With the exception of choppa, marauder and SH are both much more durable (SH armor buff, marauder tactic) and do more dmg

And you wonder why order aren't "choosing" to play melee or take to the field

If dev setup a freaky friday weekend and swap get to da choppa with slayer's ID or rampage, I'm sure dest would be out in the "open field", with constructive counterplay against undefendable pulls. I'm sure the counterplay wouldn't be switching to sorc so you can blast them before they get close could it?

Man, I wonder why does order only roll over powered bw, don't they know how to play!? (sarcasm)

Ads
User avatar
Onemantankwall
Posts: 393

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#39 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:06 am

wpc56 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 pm
It's faction balance really

Dest player asks why doesn't order player bring the fight to them in "open field"

That's simply because order melee dps are far inferior to dest equivalent. I simply find that comparison dishonest.

Just cursory comparison between faction melee dps classes:

Outside of WE/WH (which serves a completely different role), each dest melee class have a better and "effective" warband spec

Marauder > WL (aoe morale drain, self heal, built in tactic for toughness, armor penetration immunity sproc)
Choppa > slayer (get to choppa)
SH > SW (bad gas aoe dmg that order has no equivalent of on melee side, with base line armor buff)

With the exception of choppa, marauder and SH are both much more durable (SH armor buff, marauder tactic) and do more dmg

And you wonder why order aren't "choosing" to play melee or take to the field

If dev setup a freaky friday weekend and swap get to da choppa with slayer's ID or rampage, I'm sure dest would be out in the "open field", with constructive counterplay against undefendable pulls. I'm sure the counterplay wouldn't be switching to sorc so you can blast them before they get close could it?

Man, I wonder why does order only roll over powered bw, don't they know how to play!? (sarcasm)
Too bad you know nothing of what your talking about, best mdps is bw/sorc bomb whod run a choppa and sh and id only let a SINGLE mara in for morale drain before you cry about destro meta learn it and bw/sorc bomb spec is pretty damn near equal.

IF you're gonna whine about balance, you should be whining aboit how somehow 2 rdps archtypes have the best mdps burst in the game, which even since live has confused me, but thats like the same question about healers being allowed to stack defense like tanks but can still put out ridicules burst heal numbers with no side effect. Both have been mind boggling since live
Filthy live vet
Chosen main rr83 (alts to remain nameless, ssshhh)
Founder/Leader of (L2P)
Image

BeautfulToad
Posts: 326

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#40 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:10 am

Onemantankwall wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:06 am
you should be whining aboit how somehow 2 rdps archtypes have the best mdps burst in the game... Both have been mind boggling since live
Wizard that can hit for a lot of damage but can be knocked over by a feather is one of three classic archetypes in every rpg, up there with fighter and healer.

It's classes that have no typical archetypes which are controversial since everyone has a different idea of what they should be. Is the Squig Herder a mirror of the White Lion (pet/pounce/etc) or Shadow Warrior (rdps)? What archetype is it? While we're at it, what the hell is the archetype of Magus and Engi? You'd have thought snipers but then why do they have pull, surely they should have push?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests