Recent Topics

Ads

Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Solmangrundy

Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Post#1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Games turning into mirrors of Gambling sites with mirco transactions

Classic games getting "remade" into broken messes.

Did like all the game devs from the 90's and 2000's just drop dead?

because lmao Blizzard defiantly isn't the Blizzard we grew up with, same could be said about almost all game corporations these days, but Blizzards recent blunder with breaking old wc3 Bnet has got everyone just trashing the crap out of them.

Ads
mytreds

Re: Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 am

You need to watch some of Ponstorys YouTube videos. He explains it there :)

tahaahmed166

Post#3 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:33 am

True dat, absolutely.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:56 am

You can make more money off a small wealthier section of a playerbase spending tons than everyone paying a flat price. It matches up with how more wealth is going to a smaller section than it did 30 years ago. If a smaller group of players has more disposable income then of course they will create a market where they go for these whales instead of all gamers. Most industries are the same look at class in the transport sector. Gaming is just catching up.

Cobra81

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 pm

I play games since 1986/87 and back then it was more a niche product.

Today its a big market with alot of potential money in it. CEO´s have money making as focus nr 1.
Releasing an unfinished product, stripping out base functions and give these later as dlc´s, and so on is standard today. And the players prove that they are right. DLC´s got bought in rough mass, Fifa ultimate team and lootboxes every year....and no end in sight.

Its really difficult to find a jewel these days and often you´ll find them in smaller companies. EA, Blizz, Bioware are mass producers and offers graphic-bombers and shallow gaming experience.

Vri

Post#6 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Solmangrundy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 pm Games turning into mirrors of Gambling sites with mirco transactions

Classic games getting "remade" into broken messes.

Did like all the game devs from the 90's and 2000's just drop dead?

because lmao Blizzard defiantly isn't the Blizzard we grew up with, same could be said about almost all game corporations these days, but Blizzards recent blunder with breaking old wc3 Bnet has got everyone just trashing the crap out of them.
I picked up a copy of WC2 Battle Net Ed in the 6th or 7th grade and never looked back. At the end of BFA, i keep looking back and wondering what went wrong. Like you said, its a slow machine in away. MadSession on Youtube speaks on this topic. He has played since beta and or launch.

I love WOW and have great memoires in game, players, events and so on. I really do miss the game i love but at the same time, i do not want to go back to it.

unbearableinsomnia

Post#7 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:21 pm

dunno

I like Shadowruns, Dark Souls, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin 1-2, old King's Bounties (first new one and also Armored Princess), there are a lot of good games, it's just mainstream which is garbage. Not always, but it's like you got to dig in deep to find what you are looking for.

My only problem is that game developers take big, almost legendary names and make bad games on their legacy.

like bloodlines 2

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MMXX43

Post#8 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:25 pm

the new game meta falls under the dogma of instant gratification, plus the lack of original content and context backed by a mellow fantasy lore-backstory. Tome of Knowledge was years ahead of its time. Shame EA fudged things up, as is tradition.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Nostalga is popular but it is killing the industry for anything other than mobile games.

Take M&B Bannerlord. Massive graphics and lore overhaul just to create something that is 90% just a better looking version of a game from 10+ years ago but its buggy AF and has taken since March to become playable.

Warcraft 3 Reforged, same problem, all they were trying to do was update a game from 20 years ago and made a mess of it.

Medieval 3 is an oft asked for remake of the same vein. Nothing about the way CA has performed on launches and historical titles recently makes me think that is going to be a good idea, ultimately, we are lucky to live in a time where something like Med II is available in a click on steam even though it is 17 years old.

Attempting to resurrect something just to make it the same is not how you get innovation.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

DirkDaring

Post#10 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:59 pm

i`e been following this one for awhile if they can pull it off it looks promising, and has most of the stuff i`ve been looking for in a mmo for years .

https://youtu.be/1s82xJnx1EY