Recent Topics

Ads

Older WAR players

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Re: Older WAR players

Post#31 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:45 pm

I have to say as a younger spring chicken I really love this thread. I first started gaming with my dad when he was around all of your ages when I was probably about 6/7 playing Everquest. He still plays MMOs but isn’t a fan of PvP or id be making alts to camp him in RoR.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
gebajger

Post#32 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:16 pm

45, sometimes feeling a lot older, other times a lot younger.

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 pm Well, I'll be hitting 50 in a few months. I guess the main reason I still play is that I like the idea of making people in their 20's destroy their keyboards in a rage.

Geriatric power FTW!

:P :lol: :P
Hey Thargrimm, haven't seen you out there in a long time...
Rioz

Skullgrin

Post#33 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:20 pm

gebajger wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:16 pm Hey Thargrimm, haven't seen you out there in a long time...

Been playing the dwarf, trying to get him into end game gear... only 1.25 more renown ranks and 256 royals to go... :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

gebajger

Post#34 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:55 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:20 pm
gebajger wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:16 pm Hey Thargrimm, haven't seen you out there in a long time...

Been playing the dwarf, trying to get him into end game gear... only 1.25 more renown ranks and 256 royals to go... :lol:
Good luck with the 256 royals...
If you need a duo partner, just send me or pontosh (baby alt i play these days) a tell.
I can pass on all the shards (royal/inv)
Rioz

warlover

Post#35 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 am

Twohandernoob wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:51 pm Over 70 players should have some kind of blue badge so you can help them tranport boxes to keeps safely
LOL :lol:

Thulza

Post#36 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 am

im 50yo in few weeks, still enjoying this game alot. Got some old friends from live here and found alot of new friends aswell, im grateful for time and effort our devs and gms do for us all. Its a great game! /Thulza

NSKaneda

Post#37 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:49 am

40 years old and a Warhammer nerd since I was 11. I've been playing WAR from day one till End Times and re-rolled in RoR on the first day of 2016 - although I play a lot more casually now rather than semi-hardcore 90% effort approach I had on live servers - partly the reason I don't join organised warbands anymore but I still enjoy roaming and mass warfare of the lakes.

More than ten years of playing - what can I say, Warhammer Online is my favourite game :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

ChicagoJoe

Post#38 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm 51. Played on live and then on ROR early, then came back for good in 2016.

In real life I run a business unit in a large multi-national professional accounting/legal firm. This has been a guilty-pleasure/outlet for me when I was on the road (decent older gaming laptop) or at odd times, because you can squeeze into your day scenarios or jump in and out of RVR. It's nice because I don't have to take charge of everything... I can follow and not feel like things are going to go to ****, or lead small scale.

ROR has everything I love in a game... totally a trend setter in a bunch of important ways. The organized warband/realm level PVP to me is still unique in how well its applied and the Warhammer universe is awesome. This is really the only game I play now, but am playing it less, or only simpler toons because I can't get my teen kids or "gaming tolerant wife" to play without some of the tools that have been disabled that made the game simpler for them or me to play at "an OK I don't totally suck" level. I still love it though and would play it all the time if life didn't require otherwise. I genuinely appreciate the dedication and creativity of the all volunteer team.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Golaz

Post#39 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:36 pm

I'm 41 and have been in and out of this game since closed beta. After participating in the beta I wasn't planning on buying the game. 2 weeks after the release I bought the game and now it's my most played game. I would say I have love and hate relationship with Warhammer Online. It's a shame what happened, it could have been so much better. Imagine what we could have today if it was still in active development. Big kudos to the devs on this private server though.

ChicagoJoe

Post#40 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:45 pm I have to say as a younger spring chicken I really love this thread. I first started gaming with my dad when he was around all of your ages when I was probably about 6/7 playing Everquest. He still plays MMOs but isn’t a fan of PvP or id be making alts to camp him in RoR.
It's awesome as a dad to be able to play video games with your kids. Even more often if significant other will play. I leveled up alts for my kids and wife. They don't play much now but the moments played together were memorable for me.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.