Older WAR players

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
fabrizio3k

Older WAR players

Post#1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:06 am

How many of you are 40+ and playing ROR? How are you approaching/enjoying the game?

I had read a similar topic regarding WoW in the past and it was full of inspiring stories.

Personally, not yet there but rapidly approaching :D

Ads
boomcat
Suspended

Re: Older WAR players

Post#2 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am

not 40+ but im 35 :P i really enjoying the game, it has a diffrent community and "speed" then other games. i can RvR with a cup of coffee hehe.. pve also seems great. and you can semi afk crafting also :D
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Fatpig

Post#3 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:01 pm

*Cough* 43.....and loving it.
I actually had to do a little maths there to remember my age......

Wyvernblade

Post#4 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:02 pm

Retired Military here. I enjoy playing for several reasons...
1. I have the freedom to play at anytime so I can log on when there are 1000+ on and join in massive fights or when the numbers aren't enough for a WB and do some stuff like PvE or gathering mats for crafting.
2. It's fun to make a WB and play around with different strategies when you want to be in charge or you can just join a PUG and follow.
3. An escape from the real world. If the current news is blah, there's a medical issue you don't want to think about, feeling a little lonely, or you just don't want to engage with scary 3D people... log in and escape.
4. Age isn't a issue. I've been in WBs with teenagers and people in their 70s. It's always fun to find out that shammy you can't ever kill is an 78-year-old Grandmother or that slayer who continually wipes the front lines is some 17-year-old High School kid.

Edit to add - I've always wondered who is the oldest active player. I know a couple players in their mid 70s.

oaliaen

Post#5 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:23 pm

35 this year

Stinkyweed

Post#6 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 pm

45 (with 3 & 7 year old daughters) and a different outlook on the game. My tryhard days are over and I play for entertainment and to relax...
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

adapter
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:52 pm

well im 67 years old and enjoying the game as it updates, feels good.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Przepraszam

Post#8 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:53 pm

39 0_o
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#9 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:51 pm

Over 70 players should have some kind of blue badge so you can help them tranport boxes to keeps safely

Sinisterror

Post#10 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:25 pm

31 next month. Didnt play beta but started from the day 1, was on the guild that had first ic or altdorf siege ever, or maybe first in europe ? dont remember :o but i wasnt online when it happened ;( still playing casual here, all 24 chars. I started dok here first (mained dps wp live)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz