Older WAR players

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Skullgrin

Re: Older WAR players

Post#21 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Well, I'll be hitting 50 in a few months. I guess the main reason I still play is that I like the idea of making people in their 20's destroy their keyboards in a rage.

Geriatric power FTW!

:P :lol: :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Vaul

Post#22 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:04 pm

mikfez wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:50 pm 63 year old - been playing games since the days of the Commodore Pet and Tandy TRS80 - able to play even more now I'm retired :)
Played WAR in the live days and happily transferred to RoR.
I used to be the Guild Leader of the PC Format Guild on WAR and used to write a blog @ https://mikfez.wordpress.com/ In Da Jibblies
I'm the proud owner of the two Warhammer Steins >
Hey mate, I remember your blog. I used to have the Blurring Shock blog. Great to cross paths again. And I am 43 so you are making me feel young. :D
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

mikfez

Post#23 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:56 am

Vaul wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:04 pm
mikfez wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:50 pm 63 year old - been playing games since the days of the Commodore Pet and Tandy TRS80 - able to play even more now I'm retired :)
Played WAR in the live days and happily transferred to RoR.
I used to be the Guild Leader of the PC Format Guild on WAR and used to write a blog @ https://mikfez.wordpress.com/ In Da Jibblies
I'm the proud owner of the two Warhammer Steins >
Hey mate, I remember your blog. I used to have the Blurring Shock blog. Great to cross paths again. And I am 43 so you are making me feel young. :D
Hello Vaul - The spirit is still young, it's some of the body parts that let me down sometimes ;)
One measures a circle beginning anywhere

mikfez

Post#24 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:58 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 pm Well, I'll be hitting 50 in a few months. I guess the main reason I still play is that I like the idea of making people in their 20's destroy their keyboards in a rage.

Geriatric power FTW!

:P :lol: :P
Damn right there - the younger they are the harder they rage.
One measures a circle beginning anywhere

abezverkhiy

Post#25 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:15 am

41 y.o., 2 kids, first played WAR on day 1 after 8 hours of waiting for authorization when that stupid French company (forgot the name) screwed launch of WAR.

And when I am gone I want to reincarnate in Kadrin Valley. Love the views of Kadrin Drengi!
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Marchmain

Post#26 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm

I turn 51 in a few weeks. Played back in 2008 when the game first came out but then as population dropped more and more I couldn't see spending 15 bucks a month to get one shot when I hit T4 so I lost interest. Was bummed when the game shut down though. Normally I casually play LoL pretty much every evening for a bit but I wanted a break and was reminded of this just randomly from a Youtube video and thought I would give it a try again.

Martok

Post#27 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Wait, what?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Tabelrel

Post#28 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:21 pm

35 or is that 53, my age I get addled .Anyway still playing it 13 years on. I don't do the all nighters anymore but still enjoying it, alot more casually but still gives me the same kick i had in 2008. Who thought, 13 years on i could still fit into my bikini :D
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

Ads
mynban

Post#29 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:13 am

37 here. A 43yo friend brought me back to RoR (used to play AoR). He stopped playing but we still log in occasionally for the eye candy since we love WH universe.

Nowadays we play more Darkest Dungeon and Iratus for getting our gothic setting fix. For warhammer I still play totalwar WH2, vermintide2 and DawnofWar2 (never liked how cartoonish dow3 looks) and battlefleet gothic armada.

And I reinstalled LoL after 2 years to get my competitive play fix and I really like how it changed since then. Less stat based strong skills, and more skill shot and environmental mechanics. It will take a while to get off my rust but looks like something worth getting the motor reflexes trained for. After RoR, I almost spilled my coffee at how fast matches pop.

Full time work+family leaves little time, and removal of nb brought glaring design mechanics back to surface and destro nerf driven imbalance made things really stagnant (I am order btw). I will log on and off to run a sc every now and then when pop is over 1k.

Vri

Post#30 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:29 am

I am 35. I am slowly ticking up to 40.