Recent Topics

Ads

Crowfall

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Brakh

Re: Crowfall

Post#11 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:59 pm

This is full/partial loot pvp?

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:28 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:23 am I'm kinda amazed people think Crowfall has crap graphics when the textures of RoR are often a pixelated mess on semi-close inspection...
Technically the graphics are more modern, it is a 2021 game not a 2008 game after all.
But the art style and animations are very cartoonish. Kind of like in Warhammer Odessey. That sort of art style is not my cup of tea at least.
Source Developer

BeautfulToad

Post#13 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:38 pm

Crowfall looked like it was pay to win? it seemed you could buy some items

dalen wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:28 pm But the art style and animations are very cartoonish. Kind of like in Warhammer Odessey. That sort of art style is not my cup of tea at least.

To be honest, you can only really tell the age of RoR in pve.

Teek

Post#14 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Art style isnt a factor to me so long as the game can handle large scale pvp, which it seems to struggle with (in terms of ror scale rvr).

Im assuming this is why the graphics are so cartoony and kind of bland. almost looks like albion to me.

ravezaar

Post#15 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:30 pm

feel for em abit worked for what 6-7y and got less then 4k twitch viewers on launch day
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Mythanix

Post#16 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:52 am

I was checking it out today after seeing something on youtube. It was a hard pass after looking at the monetization, it is ridiculous.

Dabbart

Post#17 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:55 am

I was super interested in Crowfall. Lost most interest when they realized people don't actually want that Hardcore of a game, then saw the graphics and Meh'd my way out. Watched a couple streams and felt the same way.

Don't judge the game on server performance right away though. Every MMO launch looked like dogshit, but Crowfall still looks like it's in Beta, I mean some of the mount/running animations are just... Bad. But then again, Warhammer has the Broken Ankle Jiggle that is the Gyrocopter...

If you try it out let us know though, it might be an awesome game. Age of Conan was unplayable on release, but turned into a pretty good game. Y'never know, and the Crowfall Dev team has changed their basic combat abilities and class building system a few times now, so I have no idea how balanced it is or how the archetype system is input. Last I checked though, it was looking fairly similar to BDO with very little healing, some tanking, and pretty much 90% DPS driven.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Drednes

Post#18 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:07 am

this game looks good
sure some textures are just smears but come on look at end game gear and tell me it looks bad
or Barak Varr or the slayer keep

Ads
desizt

Post#19 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:56 pm

Crowfall's similiarites with RoR are purely coincidential, if not because Warhammer Online took off a few ideas from Shadowbane, the predecessor of Crowfall.

Crowfall has the same dev studio and lead designer as Shadowbane had, so it is technically Shadowbane 2. Graphics are irrelevant, if they manage to pull off the same dynamic gameplay / gameworld as Shadowbane had, it has chance to become the best niche pvp game.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:05 pm

desizt wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:56 pm Crowfall's similiarites with RoR are purely coincidential

To be honest, I'm surprised RoR is still kings of this genre, or the genre has not been developed further. Suppose EA must have been burned by the game a while back. Can't see another game that will better it in the pipeline.