Recent Topics

Ads

Older WAR players

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
fabrizio3k

Older WAR players

Post#1 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pm

It’s that time of the year again

How many of you are 40+ and playing ROR? How are you approaching/enjoying the game?

Waiting to hear some inspiring stories.

Personally, not yet there but rapidly approaching. Started in the Warhammer closed beta back in 2008 due to my love for the tabletop game (I remember I wrote a short story for a contest giving away beta keys). I never left the game if not for some months here and there. I only play two characters, ever - and never left order.

Ads
ravezaar

Re: Older WAR players

Post#2 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Iam 40+ and I only get better and better
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Phantasm

Post#3 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Spoiler:
fabrizio3k wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pm It’s that time of the year again

How many of you are 40+ and playing ROR? How are you approaching/enjoying the game?

Waiting to hear some inspiring stories.

Personally, not yet there but rapidly approaching. Started in the Warhammer closed beta back in 2008 due to my love for the tabletop game (I remember I wrote a short story for a contest giving away beta keys). I never left the game if not for some months here and there. I only play two characters, ever - and never left order.
I`m 42 and I started WAR in 2010. WAR/RoR was and still is only serious game I played. My longest break was like 3 months, but i`m keep coming and still enjoy a game.
Started as solo player, then went into more guild style warband gameplay. I had greatest time with old guild Da W Mord/Chlopi Chaosu. Raids were memorable, I was waiting for every one of them. Time passes, I became more focused on competitive side, 6 mans, learning classes to play to their full potential, be a part of best guilds in their times. But eventually you face same enemies with same names. Game need new blood for sure. I play way more causally now, I try to envolve into new guilds project to share what Ive learnt for all these years. Recent changes made by developers made me to think game wont last forever so I tend to enjoy every moment it still has.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#4 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:12 pm

I am 43 and started WAR in beta in 2008. On live I had all toons except the slayer/choppa/wh/we above rr80 with my bg/kotbs/wp at rr100. I remember when I started this game my daughter was 2 years old and she would sit next to me and watch me play and giggle over how my kotbs feathers looked. I was on my wl when our pounce was ground target if that tells you how long i've played these toons.

I played on RoR when 1-10 was out and some after that (do not remember). I left after that for several years because of how I seen some of the higher ups talking to others so harshly, but decided to give it another try several months ago and up until recently I hadn't seen the same attitude as I did before. The "its my job to run people off" non-pr type leadership. My degree is in HR and I have taught so many leadership classes / Dale Carnegie courses that I can not even remember how many. I have always lived the "servant leadership" style and it just rubbed me the wrong way.

I played in the guild called Grudge on live for most of the time and Fatal here in RoR. I enjoy seeing a lot of the same toons I played with/against on live.

When i started I was a District Manager for a large retail chain and would come close to thinking I was going to lose my job because of the 3am TOVL runs for months on end. I was the first KOTBS on any live server to get the full Tyrant set so I wore that thing like a badge for almost a year.

PS ... this game is what caused me to lose so much weight and get into amateur powerlifting. In 2011 I weighed 250 pounds and I began to think about all the alts I played to make them better but I did not work as hard on myself as I did on my "fake life" characters. I promised myself I would spend 1 hour a day in the gym. So my inspiring story is that it was this game that caused me to rethink my life style and helped me to be on the healthier lifestyle I am still on today. Today I am 225 pounds and stay between 10 to 12 percent body fat.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Dajciekrwi

Post#5 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:19 pm

im 45 years old 12-13 years in War evening by evening

Morradin

Post#6 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:50 pm

59 years old tomorrow (the 29th). Started in 09 and never played another mmo since. One day at a time, one zone at a time. Usually solo, and pug'n SC's. LOVE IT!
Last edited by Morradin on Sat May 28, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valarion

Post#7 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:34 pm

Gen X represent. The best damn generation too if you ask me.

I played this game from beta on live so long ago I cant even remember what year that was. You also know you are old when you refer to Warhammer as "tabletop". Anyone remember 1st edition?

Pretty cool they were so quick to call it "mass combat" even back then.

Last edited by Valarion on Sat May 28, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

ismetto

Post#8 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:59 pm

Azgal.. this game is almost a quarter of my life.. When Azgal is closed, I remember the last day we cut Gotrek (Norn server)
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#9 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:10 am

ismetto wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:59 pm Azgal.. this game is almost a quarter of my life.. When Azgal is closed, I remember the last day we cut Gotrek (Norn server)
And i was playing in your Black List Guild in karak Norn , remeber how we chasing Khorze the slayer on over the Praag? That was a times:)

Akalukz

Post#10 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:23 pm

49 years old. Played destro only on Live from beta to finish, following a guild I joined in LoTRO Moors -<Agony>-. Been on this server since T1 lock, with a few 2-3 months breaks here and there. Currently banging away as Order, when/if the tide swings drastically will switch back to destro :)

Cheers all.
-= Agony =-