Recent Topics

Ads

Duel Event: April 2, 2016 - 8:30pm PST, T3

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dirtyz

Duel Event: April 2, 2016 - 8:30pm PST, T3

Post#1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:29 pm

Forces of Destruction and Order! This Saturday 04.02.2016 the Domination 1v1 Event arises. It is open to all classes (including AM/Shammy ;) ) and any rank within the tier 3 bracket. The event will be hosted in T3 Badlands "Dragon Skeleton" pit, 8pm PST. Consult the forum for more information INCLUDING THE RULES:

------------------

"Dragon Skeleton" Pit. Contact Dirtyzcurse or Aruis. This area will be our duelling arena until a better location is found/recommended (so we can switch scenery every event).

Open for:
Any class and any rank within the t3 bracket. Even AM/Shammy are welcome :D
Rank 26-35 RR 1-40, it is recommended that you are R30+ RR35+ at least.

Rules - You are to be expected to know these rules if you decide to participate in the event

1. Contenders must /point at each other if both players want to duel.

2. Spectators MUST stay 100ft away from contenders.

3. Before the duel, both players must stay 50ft-65ft away from each other. Both players will /bow and that will commence the duel

4. Stealth - Stealth is allowed after /bow. AoE spamming will also be allowed to rid their stealth

5. If either contender receives a heal from spectators, either contender must state it and the duel will stop. AP Pots are welcome but heal pots are not.

6. Anyone who disturbs the duel is allowed to be ganked.

7. Dead players may either be ressed or released to WC

8. Only Morale 1 (M1) is allowed.

9. Two duels are allowed to occur at the same time as long as they are 100ft away from the spectators and 150ft from each other but one duel at a time is preferable.

10. Lower level players can challenge anyone higher level BUT higher level players cannot challenge anyone two levels below them. (e.g. R26 can challenge a R35, a R35 can challenge a R34 but NOT a R33 and below)

This event is supposed to be fun and competitive :D Saltiness (or misbehavior) will not be tolerable. Any who commit to saltiness will be ganked but is allowed to come back if they will respectable. Tournament style Duel Events, where prizes are available, will be implemented when they're enough people and if there is an Order willing to distribute prizes (since i do not play Order at all :P ). The event will last as long as enough people are willing to duel.

For more questions and/or suggestions for the next event, please respond to this thread or mail me on my Chosen, Dirtyzcurse.

I will see you combatants soon and may the winds of magic be in your favor 8-)

Sincerely,
Dirtyz, Exalted

Edit: Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense is banned
Last edited by Dirtyz on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Duel Event: April 2, 2016 - 8:30pm PST, T3

Post#2 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:50 pm

I would assume that players will have the option to not duel against DPS AMs/Shamans, given how inherently powerful they are over almost every other class in 1v1? Otherwise it'll just be people bringing their ams/shamans and facerolling.
Also, I also assume cleansing wind/resolute defence are not allowed?
Laaastly - why are only M1s allowed? Makes no sense, and some classes that can gain morale very quickly are unnecessarily hindered.

anyway looking forward to it provided RR anti-cc/antidot stuff isnt allowed :)

Epo

Post#3 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:55 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:I would assume that players will have the option to not duel against DPS AMs/Shamans, given how inherently powerful they are over almost every other class in 1v1? Otherwise it'll just be people bringing their ams/shamans and facerolling.
Also, I also assume cleansing wind/resolute defence are not allowed?
Laaastly - why are only M1s allowed? Makes no sense, and some classes that can gain morale very quickly are unnecessarily hindered.

anyway looking forward to it provided RR anti-cc/antidot stuff isnt allowed :)
peterthepan3 wrote:I tend to play the weaker classes/specs as a sort of 'F U' to the status quo, and try to make them work (Magus and WL were my mains back on live). This determination to try out different classes/specs is imperative I believe in ensuring the game is as balanced and welcoming to every class as possible.

Azarael

Post#4 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:01 am

His posts are not contradictory in the slightest. One is an attempt to ban an overperforming class from an event focused on 1on1. The other is talking about playing underperforming classes to determine their balance relative to the meta specs and educate oneself on how they may need to be buffed (or at least that's what I read it as).

Razid1987

Post#5 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:03 am

lol

Good initiative, though.

Dirtyz

Post#6 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:38 am

Dirtyz wrote: Rules - You are to be expected to know these rules if you decide to participate in the event

1. Contenders must /point at each other if both players want to duel.
:D
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:42 am

Azarael wrote:His posts are not contradictory in the slightest. One is an attempt to ban an overperforming class from an event focused on 1on1. The other is talking about playing underperforming classes to determine their balance relative to the meta specs and educate oneself on how they may need to be buffed (or at least that's what I read it as).

Cheers. That's exactly what I meant.
epo and his gang never miss an opportunity, though!

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:21 am

Sweet!

I'll respec my knight, and get mah WH ready to get mauled...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#9 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:02 am

Might be fun to have a few duels shame none of my better soloing classes are geared up :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Loans

Post#10 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:23 am

Specatotor here :D
and..

6. Anyone who disturbs the duel is allowed to be ganked

this is epic ahah