Recent Topics

Ads

Duel Event: May 7th 21:30 GMT (2:30pm PST)

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dabbart

Re: Duel Event: May 7th 21:30 GMT (2:30pm PST)

Post#21 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Spoiler:
Specialpatrol wrote:Some of these "rules" are a bit silly.

Why is it only allowed to use Morale 1? If a fight lasts long enough for duelers to build up Morale 2 or even 3 they should of course have the option to use it. It seems to be a way to gimp certain classes, while buffing others (i.e. those with more solid 1v1 options for Morale 1).

And since everybody can spec both Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense, I don't really understand why it's not allowed. If you can't deal with it, rethink your build and/or renown spec. Or move on to next duel.

And why can't a r35 challenge a r26 (or whatever), if he wants? The r26 can just say no. And if the r35 looses, it would not be too good for his or her e-peen.

Old school dueling rules were pretty simple: No heal pots and pocket items allowed. Go!
You can always start a Dueling Event with a different set of rules! Or ask for a particular set of rules of that Duel. The Challenging I kinda agree with, but your point is decent. The M1 is rule that I prefer personally. For a multitude of reasons.

Lots of fun duels today! No zerging as predicted. Much thanks to the GMs for their presence and the Healers for the rezz! Severe lack of RDPS, though Teefs kited me as usual. Thanks to those who showed up, and see you next time!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Dirtyz

Post#22 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Specialpatrol wrote:Some of these "rules" are a bit silly.

Why is it only allowed to use Morale 1? If a fight lasts long enough for duelers to build up Morale 2 or even 3 they should of course have the option to use it. It seems to be a way to gimp certain classes, while buffing others (i.e. those with more solid 1v1 options for Morale 1).

And since everybody can spec both Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense, I don't really understand why it's not allowed. If you can't deal with it, rethink your build and/or renown spec. Or move on to next duel.

And why can't a r35 challenge a r26 (or whatever), if he wants? The r26 can just say no. And if the r35 looses, it would not be too good for his or her e-peen.

Old school dueling rules were pretty simple: No heal pots and pocket items allowed. Go!
M1 is only allowed for several reasons. 1: Most M2+ are unfair against most, if not certain classes. Such as Shield Wall and the Slayer/Choppa M2 2: Dueling should be based on a player's skill to take advantage of the opponent's rotation (if you're fast enough to read it) and use of core abilities 3. M1 is more of a pick-me-up to give the player a slight advantage (heal, AP, dmg, etc)

And with Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense, both are unfair advantages. Like I said, dueling is based on skill and how well you're build/spec is against ALL, if not MOST other classes. Plus, it's naturally discouraged because of how much renown points we're given at the moment (40).

And for the higher rank not allowed to challenge a lowbie, that should be self-explanatory. I don't want any lowbies being taken advantage of by higher ranked, whether it'd be a simple duel or not. As I said before, dueling is based on skill and dueling someone lower than you is already an advantage.

So to recap, dueling is based on skill and how well you use your build/spec in a fair fight against, ALL if not, MOST other classes, M1 gives a fair/slight advantage, and challenging lowbies is self-explanatory.

As Dab stated, if you'd like to host your own dueling event then the rules are on you :)
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Dirtyz

Post#23 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Btw, ty all for coming :D was an awesome time, lasted a couple hours, and again it blew out my expectations of how many people would come :) hope to see you guys in the next dueling event
Spoiler:

Dresden
Banned

Post#24 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Didn't do it for me this time, gotta say.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dirtyz

Post#25 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:26 am

How so?
Spoiler:

Dresden
Banned

Post#26 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:30 am

Because i can't figure out how everyone else is so much more powerful than me. ;)
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dirtyz

Post#27 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:33 am

Lol (x
Spoiler:

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#28 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:43 am

I really enjoyed watching you guys duel. I'll be around again next time, making sure nobody interferes ;)

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#29 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:46 am

magicthighs wrote:I really enjoyed watching you guys duel, I'll be around again next time, making sure nobody interferes ;)
Oh you don't need to do that, really, not at all.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:54 am

Dresden wrote:
magicthighs wrote:I really enjoyed watching you guys duel, I'll be around again next time, making sure nobody interferes ;)
Oh you don't need to do that, really, not at all.
Yeah but... I like to watch you guys fight, while emoting Grufrip and Krumlok :(