Recent Topics

Ads

- Postponed - June 4th Duel Tournament - Melee

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dresden
Banned

Re: - Postponed - June 4th Duel Tournament - Melee

Post#31 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:55 am

peterthepan3 wrote:I am interested in starting a Dueling League, whereby once a week combatants will face 2/3 enemies and get points per win/loss. Any fight that lasts longer than 5 minutes will be a draw. When the server is up, I will give it some more thought and would love dabbart and dirty's opinions on it/help!

It's long and tedious, but is the best way of determing the best duelist as opposed to someone getting a lucky break against Mr Noob while someone else - who could be better than the other dude - comes up against server best IB. Also people do have off days! Aaaaand the prize would be exponentially larger, naturally.
Urgh... how about we all just slaughter each other? Dirtyz used to count the wins, you/Dabbart could easily do that.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:45 am

That isn't dueling...that's just open pvp! =P Around here we have some etiquette and like to bow to our enemies (before we slaughter 'em)!...and all that jazz =P
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

radic

Post#33 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:47 am

is the servers back on? or my screen bugged saying its online?

Dabbart

Post#34 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:56 am

As for setting up Dueling Events... Honestly? I think the majority of competitors are just those that were logged in at the time we started "spamming" the chat channels... I dunno how effective the forum really is.

But yea, setting them up is easy. T4 is pretty easy with Locations. But having a set list to choose from would be quite handy in general. Gonna have to see what the population looks like on server return, but saturday around 9pmGMT(1pmPST) there will be plenty of people online. Hopefully...

The gold joke was in reference to me being the Order "bank" during the tournament for entry fee's... And yes I remember/know. I always love to Duel Kagaz:P

-SpyvSpy

A dueling league would be fun. I'd be totally down for that.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Dresden
Banned

Post#35 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:00 am

Too complex, i just wanna do it the way Dirtyz did it first, count me out.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dabbart

Post#36 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:06 am

I love the free form, open event. Come on down, /point at someone, find a space /bow and fight. But having an organized ranked event would be fun as well. The more organized it is, the less issue time/day becomes.

Let's do both. We can set-up an open dueling event say every 2 weeks. Every week would just get tedious and end up dying way too quickly. Pick a new spot every 2 weeks, and let's bash some skulls. We had far larger turn-outs for standard duels rather than the tournies.

Any organized dueling league would be organized entirely seperatly. That's how I would do it...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:23 am

Dresden wrote:Too complex, i just wanna do it the way Dirtyz did it first, count me out.
We can have both. I'll get organising a league (alongside the 6v6 thing I wanna breathe life back into) while the regular dueling events occur, so everyone's happy.