Recent Topics

Ads

- Postponed - June 3rd Duel Tournament - Ranged

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dirtyz

- Postponed - June 3rd Duel Tournament - Ranged

Post#1 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:19 am

Hello everyone, Dirty Z here with a fairly anticipated event :D The first Ranged - Only Tournament is going to be held on May 27th at 21:30 GMT (2:30 PST)

Edit: I apologize but this tournament will have to be postponed to the 31st of May, i apologize for the inconvenience

If you are interested in participating, it is highly recommended that you read the entire post. Thank You :)

Time and Location:
May 27th at 21:30 GMT (2:30 PST) T4 Chaos Wastes, 35k 36k / 35.36

Bans:
Shammy/AM, specifically DPS for various reasons (if you have issues or reasons on to why these should not be banned, respond to the page on the bottom of this post, ty :D)

Requirements:
Rank 40
At least Renown Rank 35+
- Note -
It is PREFERABLE if you have a good set of gear if you plan on participating

Buy-In:
15 gold with toon information
Character Name
Character Class
Rank and Renown Rank
Spec (Dps SnB, Dps 2h, SnB Utility, etc)
For Order, send your buy-in to Dabbart in-game, who is the Co-Organizer
For Destro, send your buy-in to Dirtyzcurse in-game
E.G.
Dirtyzcurse
Chosen
Rank 40 Renown Rank 40
2h Dps
- Reminder -
The more people who join, the bigger the total winnable pot for first, second, and third placements

Rules - You Are EXPECTED To Know These Rules

1. Morale 1, 2, 3, and 4 are allowed to be used during the duel.

2. Resource building (Morale points, career/mechanic points) are prohibited before each round

3. All pots, including pots that increase your stats (str, int) are allowed except for heal pots and bubble/shield pots during the duel. Of course, AP pots are allowed during the duel.

4. Engi/Magus can only summon their pet/turret after the duel is commenced by a host

5. First violation will result in a warning; Second violation of these rules will lead to forfeit in the round, disqualification, or automatic gank.

This is event is for players looking for an organized competition with rewarded placements. :D

The tournament will organize players into brackets BUT the brackets will remain private during the play-offs. Although, they will be public during the semi-finals and finals.
Your names will be called for each round
During the playoffs, players will be specifically selected on whom they will duel, reasonably where it is fair for their opponent and themselves. To make things even more fair, each round will have 3 duels for a best 2-out-of-3-duels. Two rounds will occur at the same time.
During the semi-finals and finals, there will be 5 duels for a best 3-out-of-5-duel round. Only one round will occur for these.

Players will be allowed to respec in between duels in each round :) Although, they MUST notify the Organizers beforehand

Total Winnable Pot:

The Total Winnable Pot will be updated throughout the sign-up phase until the day of the tournament
First place wins 60% of the total pot, Second place wins 25% of the total pot, and Third place will receive 15% of the total pot.
E.G.
100g total pot > First place wins 60g, second wins 25g, and third place will win 15g.
But again, the more who join, the bigger the reward :D

Gold rewards, placers will be rewarded through Destro and/or Order toons. Depending on how many players sign-up on either faction, you may receive all of your earned gold to your main faction or receive it in parts through your main faction and the opposite faction
E.G.
If there is a 300 gold winnable pot, but only 8 Destro players signed up and the 1st place winner mains Destro, you will receive 120 gold through Destro and 60g through Order. You can trade your prize money via Trade Forum to transfer your gold to your main faction.

If you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions, please respond to the post below:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13717&start=20

Trade Forums
viewforum.php?f=56

Sincerely,
Dirtyzcurse, Bonelord and Dabbart :D
Last edited by Dirtyz on Tue May 31, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Ads
Azhag

Re: May 27th Duel Tournament - Ranged

Post#2 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:19 am

Count me in!

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

gebajger

Post#3 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:50 am

Since AM/Shamy are technically ranged, could you make an open category for them in this tournament?

Its only 1 class (and mirror) so I'm guessing it wouldn't be much more administrative work.

Cheers
Rioz

Dirtyz

Post#4 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:06 pm

They will be able to participate in the Open duel tournaments where all classes will be able to join. I'm still iffy about both of them allowed just like a Dps Dok/Dps WP
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Incindent
Magus
R40/RR40
Demonology

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 pm

GL to the ranged!

If you send gold to me previous to the Duel, make sure that you give me the toon name you will be competing as! I will keep an open roll on this page with Dirtyz for competitiors that have paid/waiting to pay.

Gl and HF boys and girls!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:09 pm

As an aside: will Sorc/BW be allowed to get 100 DM at the start of the duel? And will squigs be allowed their pets out, too?

Excited.

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Dirtyz wrote:
2. Resource building (Morale points, career/mechanic points) are prohibited before each round

4. Engi/Magus can only summon their pet/turret after the duel is commenced by a host
As for SH, I can't see why they should if engi magus no... But who knows
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Only quarrel would be that a Shadow Warrior will (technically) be the only class able to start at 100% capacity if squigs/engis/magi can't have their pets (will necessitate using instapet tactic instead of something more useful) and bw/sorc can't have 100 DM (despite how OP they are in a group setting, with 0 DM the classes will suffer)

regardless, i am excited for this. just food for thought.

Dirtyz

Re: - Postponed - May 31st Duel Tournament - Ranged

Post#10 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:24 am

Postponed till the 31st of May
Spoiler: