Recent Topics

Ads

Dwarf Warband EVERY WEDNESDAY at 8pm Altdorftime lvl 16+

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Haojin

Re: Dwarf Event in T4 EVERY WEDNESDAY at 8pm Altdorftime

Post#231 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:16 pm

biggest insult for BT is calling them roleplayers. i demand apologize.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Elftwin95

Post#232 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:17 pm

I see no reason why that would be an insult, being a roleplayer here is not something to be ashamed of. Or that it should be used as an insult to begin with.
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Noergl

Post#233 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Why should that be an insult :D
Im proud to be a roleplayer...and also a warhammer background fan.

That is no insult and not worth a sidenote in the book of grudges. Phalanx however...now there are a few pages to be found :twisted:

Though as always, those are about your toons, not your players. I honestly enjoy playing with and against you... even though i know were not competitive enough in some peoples mind.

Honestly: i dont care. As long as we as a guild have fun i dont mind at all. See you out there... we are the ones blobbing around somewhere. :lol:
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Glorian

Post#234 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Because people are using the term "Roleplayers" but mean that the person doesn't fight for the max or isn't top geared because of appearance for example.

Bitterstone Thunderers allways fight to win. But we don't give in to the bombing meta. ;)

Elftwin95

Post#235 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Well said Glorian/Lesti. I wish the BT the best in the days to come! Thought of course..elves ftw..;)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Wam

Post#236 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:09 pm

in KV i was expecting more use of tactics from order (general movement)

I.e go west and south into open map... or use tunnels more (you guys had some success when you did this) because you want to stretch the enemy not make them compact.
alot of the time order generally likes to sit outside warcamp and bait people into cannon range... rinse repeat over and over and it these hit and run battles do become a bit tedious especially when destro had the upper hand.

Raze is nice but its not the only thing we use, can kill warbands without using morale... but when fighting multiple warbands then co-ordinated morale is needed as a bit of equaliser and thats only if its done succesfully. Hao has even given some advice how to counter it.

Morale already got nerfed once for destro tanks, if it wasn't morale it will be something else like rifts or sh's :)

I don't like to talk bad about your style, you shouldn't talk bad about ours just because we are effective... if we didn't kill people you wouldn't be talking bad about our style :) we are setup to fight bigger numbers because when we started it was only Phalanx and a pug wb vs 5 order wb's... so that is how we learnt with a warband coming from each direction every fight when engaging with just 2 fg... now we are bit stronger, more experienced and order is less numerous but i've always liked Bitterstones style because its similar to CNTK

you come to fight with what you got no matter what even if some people will think its slightly handicapped by just one racial pairing... in mexican stand offs its usually the dwarfs i seen moving into position first, I just wish you guys was running multiple raids a week in T4

If only more order had similar fight attitude as BT & CNTK... because so many times order do not do basic scouting and flee from combat (which gives your enemy free damage) and then like to QQ about us :)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Kragg

Post#237 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Wam wrote:
I don't like to talk bad about your style, you shouldn't talk bad about ours just because we are effective... if we didn't kill people you wouldn't be talking bad about our style :)
You take my words the wrong way, I fear. I agree it is very effective and executed very well but I am pondering about the morale mechanic ending battles way to fast. Being the Meta for the bigger guilds battles become alot less intresting.
you come to fight with what you got no matter what even if some people will think its slightly handicapped by just one racial pairing... in mexican stand offs its usually the dwarfs i seen moving into position first, I just wish you guys was running multiple raids a week in T4
Thanks! First ones in, last ones out!
If only more order had similar fight attitude as BT & CNTK... because so many times order do not do basic scouting and flee from combat (which gives your enemy free damage) and then like to QQ about us :)
The running away annoys us greatly as well. One moment we are fighting and all of a sudden it's just us left.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Collateral

Post#238 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:09 pm

I wouldn't say using morales is a 'meta'. I would say it's how the game was meant to be played. There are ways to counter morales, it's not a 'nuke button' that wipes the whole map. If order used it's insanely powerful morale gain, the battles would look quite different. Destro would have to adapt to counter that and develop different playstyles (although I believe there's only one playstyle, and you could call that a meta).

But in the end, who knows what devs have in mind for morales. Our guild proposed a number of different approaches on how to deal with them, but it's on the devs to decide.

Ads
Kragg

Post#239 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Tomorrow we march!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Haojin

Post#240 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 pm