Recent Topics

Ads

Duel Tournament - Open: June 11th

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Duel Tournament - Open: June 11th

Post#41 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:19 pm

Bretin wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:I've been dueling for 5/6 years and it is 90% of what I did on live - I know of what I speak.
#petertheduelist2k16

#alldaye'rrydayfam

Ads
Dirtyz

Post#42 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:30 am

Dabbart wrote:1. Try it out and see how it works. I have a feeling this will work better with punts simply disallowed. But trial and error will be the best.

2. With a good count-down this could be entirely viable. If it's entirely even, you need to save your spike for the right moment.

And Salt is good for you. There was a time/place where Salt was worth it's weight in Gold. But I'm sorry, I entirely forgot about the other thread.
I'm not entirely abolishing the use of punts and KB's, just discouraging them ^.^ you know, by like deducting 20g per win that results from a punt or KB.
Last edited by Dirtyz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Dirtyz

Post#43 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:36 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Punts are very important to some classes...seriously I don't know if you're trolling half the time.

Anyway your proposed rules seem fair enough.
I understand that punting is important cuz everyone uses them, properly or improperly. I just want to discourage the use of it with the whole set arena thing cuz its super easy to win if you can just punt them out of bounds, you know. I mean, if i see someone win the whole tourney that way, i would love to punt ( that was punty xP ) a nice 100g out of his placement.

And yeah, sorta have that habit to troll half the time when making a proposal that should've been implemented in the first place ( stupid me :P ) . But yeah, works out in negotiations sometimes lol
Spoiler:

Dabbart

Post#44 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:38 am

Well. I dunno about IB/SM but I know knights and chosen also have super punts. It'd be a very viable strat to just punt an opponent that had a good chance of beating you and take the loss of Pot. You get no Pot if you lose... We'll see how it works out. If we don't run into the issue, then let's not make it one. It will certainly make kiting around the edge a dangerous tactic.

Oh and last point. And this is a very, very important one. I mean honestly, Feck the balance of the tournament... All of the gold that gets "removed" from the Pot to those who place and won via Punts... Who gets it?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Dirtyz

Post#45 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:41 am

hmm viable point. I would like to donate it to the people who lost due to punts >.< but that's just me, maybe split it between the other placements
Spoiler:

Dirtyz

Post#46 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Or save it for the next tourney as the initial pot
Spoiler:

Dirtyz

Post#47 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:47 am

Dabbart wrote:Well. I dunno about IB/SM but I know knights and chosen also have super punts. It'd be a very viable strat to just punt an opponent that had a good chance of beating you and take the loss of Pot. You get no Pot if you lose... We'll see how it works out. If we don't run into the issue, then let's not make it one. It will certainly make kiting around the edge a dangerous tactic.

Oh and last point. And this is a very, very important one. I mean honestly, Feck the balance of the tournament... All of the gold that gets "removed" from the Pot to those who place and won via Punts... Who gets it?
BO/SM - all they have is an aoe punt unlike the long ranged IB/BG punt, they can't spec tactics like Chosen/KoTB "hello heaven" punt.

I do get that punting is a viable strat once the arena is implemented and yeah, you could take a hit with the Pot. Better than nothing honestly >.< but again, its to discourage. It would be nice to see a SW to punt himself back into the arena after being punted using one of the spectators xP that would be epicly cool
Spoiler:

Crenshaw

Post#48 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 am

If you want to discourage, make that first punt out of arena is a warning. Second one is disqualification. Seriously, with 100ft diameter arena chosen or knight all he has has to do is throw some dots on melee enemy and back few steps. When he comes just kb and punt of ring. GG easy.

Ads
Dirtyz

Post#49 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:48 pm

True enough, i might just do that
Spoiler: