Recent Topics

Ads

Event To Bring The NA Side To Life!!!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RadeeSenpai

Event To Bring The NA Side To Life!!!

Post#1 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Well many of us know that the fanbase during the NA night-time hours is usually dead, but I'm hoping to turn that around as best as possible.

I've been thinking of ideas to maybe make RVR more consistent each night or at least a few nights a week, and I think I have a plan for it. Or at least an attempt at a plan for it!

I don't know if this has already been done, or someone has already attempted it, but I'm going to eventually begin a topic on the forum that will hopefully be an interest grabber to the community, and will hopefully pick up RVR on certain nights in certain tiers for the NA player-base, and players globally that play around the NA night-times.

This may have to result in players making alts, maybe not though, but on to it!

Ads
RadeeSenpai

Re: Event To Bring The NA Side To Life!!!

Post#2 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 pm

The Plan

Each week on select days (Or maybe even daily if it gets enough attention) there will be tiers selected for RVR content.
We will be starting in T1+T2 with the goal of branching into T3 and T4 down the road.

So for example...
T1 Example
(THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, NOT ACTUALLY FOR TONIGHT)

6/10/16 @ 8 PM EST - Tier 1 RVR

RVR Will Begin In Empire-Chaos Tier and Will Rotate Every 2 Hours.

8PM to 10PM EST: Empire-Chaos Zone
10PM to 12AM EST: Dwarf-Greenskin Zone
12AM to 2AM EST: High Elves-Dark Elves Zone

--------------------------------------------------------

The above example is just a rough draft/idea for T1 currently.
T1 is a little bit different when it comes to planning because of the lack of Keep Siege, however it shouldn't necessarily matter, as this is an idea to bring population to the RVR scene during typical NA peak hours.

For the other Tier’s, a similar layout would be designed.

T2 Example:
(JUST AN EXAMPLE, NOT FOR TONIGHT!)

6/10/16 @ 8 PM EST - Tier 2 RVR

RVR Will Begin In Empire-Chaos Tier and Will Rotate When One Faction Claims The Enemy Faction Keep

Rotation After Keep Claim:
Dwarf-Greenskin Zone
High Elves-Dark Elves Zone
(Repeat @ Empire-Chaos Zone)

Event Will Last Until 2 AM EST

-------------------------------------------------------

RadeeSenpai

Post#3 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Now the overall idea is 100% a rough draft, but with more thought I don't really know how much tweaking can be done to this idea.

I also would like to think about adding events to scenario queueing as well as the RVR, but I think RVR will be the main focus for now.

This will also only work based on actual player participation.

I guess the tweaks would be to the times and days of the events, and maybe to the rotation of keep claiming, minor rules, meh I'll have to look into that further based on replies and/or interest.

MAIN GOAL:
My goal is to build a player-base that is consistently participating in large quantities during a typical NA-Peak Time.

We all have personal goals in the game.
To cap our Rank and RR to 40 on a character we may be enjoying a lot, but at what cost?

A lot of the time, especially for the NA guys right now, we have to find a way to get on during EU peak-times to really participate in a lot of the content this server has to offer.

I know with work and college later this year, that will be much more difficult to achieve, and I’m sure many others are in a similar scenario.

So to the NA Players and all other Players who play around the common NA Peak Hours:

Let’s do something about our play times.
Let’s involve ourselves more consistently in the content we all want to enjoy, but may not have enough people around to enjoy it.

With this system, each week, it may be a slower process for leveling, but it will allow all of us to experience a more-buzzing population throughout each tier.

I’m not asking anyone to stop playing their Mains if your goal is to reach T4.
I’m mostly asking players to either participate in the flow of this style-approach to populating NA peak-times with RVR, or make an alt to participate in these events, so that our peak-times are more enjoyable for both new and current NA players coming to the server.

-----------------------------------

RadeeSenpai

Post#4 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:34 pm

With all of this being said, I know it’s a lot to read, but it’s something I’d like to fine-tune and carry-out (hopefully successfully) on RoR.
I’m looking for feedback, players interested, whatever I can get so that I can adjust this idea and make this actually come to light on the RoR servers.

Leave me some comments if you guys can and thanks for reading!

Updates To This Event:
- Announcement of tier transitions ahead of time.
Example: If the collective group of players has been participating in Tier 2, I will announce a date for when the transition to Tier 3 will begin and the group will be expected to reach Tier 3 to continue participating as a group by that given date.
(Will update idea if needed.)
Last edited by RadeeSenpai on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twyxx

Post#5 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Why start with T1/T2? Is the purpose for gearing the toons that could progress into the later tiers? I think that's a nice idea, but I've found that the latter half (T3&T4) are what's lacking oRvR action in later NA times... T1 usually seems pretty popping and T2, in my experience playing both sides this past week, has been decently active as well. Maybe the plan should go in reverse of what you originally stated.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Awesome amount of work and thought put in so far. I would suggest starting small, maybe one night a week for a couple hours. And see how it grows from there. You can count me in, just let me know when and where
-= Agony =-

RadeeSenpai

Post#7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Twyxx wrote:Why start with T1/T2? Is the purpose for gearing the toons that could progress into the later tiers? I think that's a nice idea, but I've found that the latter half (T3&T4) are what's lacking oRvR action in later NA times... T1 usually seems pretty popping and T2, in my experience playing both sides this past week, has been decently active as well. Maybe the plan should go in reverse of what you originally stated.

Starting in T1 + T2 would be like a beginning point for this event.
It may be too difficult to find players already in T3+T4 for this idea.

I myself am not in T3 yet either, and many players may be in the same boat, so starting there wouldn't really help many people out.
But starting at least in T1 gives everyone a chance at participating and leveling through all of the tiers as a large group.

It also allows new players on the server to kinda just hop right in and participate as well.

The main goal is to gather as many people as possible to begin this event with, and hopefully keep many of those players around each week, participating in whichever tier the collective is in at the time.

Edit: I do agree with what you're saying though! T3 is very dead during typical NA hours. T4 as well at times. The end goal if this works out will be to have a large group of players participating each week in T3 and T4 as we go down the road with the event :)
Last edited by RadeeSenpai on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RadeeSenpai

Post#8 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Akalukz wrote:Awesome amount of work and thought put in so far. I would suggest starting small, maybe one night a week for a couple hours. And see how it grows from there. You can count me in, just let me know when and where
Glad you like the idea man!
I agree with that as well, I don't expect it to blow up into any crazy proportions right off the bat, but I'm hoping I can at least gather enough players (both Destru and Order) to make this a consistent thing at least once or twice a week.

I'm gonna wait to see how a majority of players feel about this idea, and then I'll go from there deciding on a starting date!

Ads
roamro

Post#9 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:24 am

Hey man, I will fully join, and help however i can, i"m Yehari from your stream.

skurge

Post#10 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm

i'd like to see the NA eve population up a bit also, there are some nights its fairly good, and others the que is real long. as for me and 2 others, we are all still in T1 mostly as we just started recently and mostly play scenarios. we will do what we can to help