Recent Topics

Ads

[CLOSED] (EU&RU) RvR 6v6 Duel Events (GMT)

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dresden
Banned

[CLOSED] (EU&RU) RvR 6v6 Duel Events (GMT)

Post#1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:16 am

This Thread has been Closed by the request of Dresden.

Please find new thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17584&p=191159#p191159

-StormX2

Spoiler:
Organised (6v6) PREMADE VS PREMADE parties in RvR duel events primarily for European & West Russian RoR players.

6v6 duel events will be held on -= SUNDAYS AT 7PM GMT =- (GMT+0) (CET+1) (EET+2) (MSK+3)

Okay, here are my decisions so far for the (EU&RU) RvR 6v6 Duel Events (GMT).

1. This will be a T4 only event.
2. Events will be held in a locked zone, if the zone unlocks the event can move to a locked zone by popular choice.
3. Events will be held in one of these zones: Chaos Wastes/Reikland/Black Crag/Kadrin Valley/Caledor/Eataine/
4. Events will be held at flat open midway points between the destro & order warcamps in RvR lakes in these zones.

I suggest we employ as few rules as absolutely possible, please discuss about what you think those rules should be.

Obviously a need for healers doing resurrection is VITAL so keep that in mind as you discuss the rules in this topic.

I will refer to these events in shorthand as 'GANKSLAMS'.

(NA) RvR 6v6 Duel Events (CST) > North American 6v6 Night (by Gerv) (CST-6)

Sunday 9th Oct will be a half-ass 'try out' event. (Chaos Wastes - if locked)
Sunday 16th Oct will be the first event proper. (??? - if locked)
Last edited by Dresden on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 74 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Re: (EU&RU) RvR 6v6 Duel Events (GMT)

Post#2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:03 am

Reserved.

-=-
Last edited by Dresden on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dabbart

Re: GANKBANG - 6v6 duel events (GMT)

Post#3 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 am

I'd be down. TW would put a group forth for that. Dunno about consistency though... As for rules.. Just set an area limit, and fight till wipe!

The area restrction will depend entirely upon where. But you want a good sized space with some sort of LoS breakers, but not clip-happy terrain. Also, I would like to be able to physically see the SHs...

Other than that? What rules? 1v1 Duels have set rules to try and lvl the playing field due to the entirely unbalancable nature of 1v1. I see no need for "rules" You want to bring 5 magus 1 shaman? Go for it! 5SH/1 sham? That's gonna be funny.

I think Saturday for activity sake, but the increased playerbase would give added room for shenanigans. One way to find out though, no?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Dresden
Banned

Post#4 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:51 am

Dabbart wrote:I'd be down. TW would put a group forth for that. Dunno about consistency though... As for rules.. Just set an area limit, and fight till wipe!

The area restrction will depend entirely upon where. But you want a good sized space with some sort of LoS breakers, but not clip-happy terrain. Also, I would like to be able to physically see the SHs...

Other than that? What rules? 1v1 Duels have set rules to try and lvl the playing field due to the entirely unbalancable nature of 1v1. I see no need for "rules" You want to bring 5 magus 1 shaman? Go for it! 5SH/1 sham? That's gonna be funny.

I think Saturday for activity sake, but the increased playerbase would give added room for shenanigans. One way to find out though, no?
Nothing i disagree with there.

Your thoughts on ressing? if only one 6-man showed up from each side it would be hard to fight to the death, bit annoying to have to wait for the opposing team to show up from their wc every time they all die, how about bringing 7+ ppl (a rotation surplus for afk's) as mandatory so there can always be a healer present? or maybe ppl with healer chars might like to officiate ie for score keeping, it would all HAVE to be self-regulating anyway because it would be for all four tiers, four duel events occuring at the same time.

Hey! ringside betting! it'd be good for that too! forget that complicated 'pot' betting stuff!

Eathisword

Post#5 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:40 am

1. A no CW no RD rule. To limit renown gap. Decent amount of people are getting 55-60+, while the majority are still in their 40s.

2. Players should have a macro to ''white flag''. So if 1 healer gets dead and the other dont think he can pull the rez and wipe is imminent, they can concede the win. Asking for 7+ is sketchy. Lots of guild already struggle to show up with 6.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 am

1. Meh. If they have spent the time and energy, they can spend their RR however they want. CW/RD isn't an instant win... Edit: Also, my rr24 RP uses CW... So lvling the playingfield is a strange arguement..

2. I disagree entirely. If you show up to fight, you fight. Now, if someone DCs thats another matter. But just cause your losing doesn't you you get to decide when to stop. The Bear decides when to stop. I would support a die to wipe. What do you care if you die? the team deserves the gain/loot for the kill if they manage it.

my thoughts
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Luicetarro

Post#7 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:17 am

Since ppl will show up to watch the fighting, there should be healer around to rez the combatants I guess.
If I have time and currently are in the mood to watch the show, I can bring my WP to mass-rez ordertoons after the fighting. *shrugs* Doubt you really need a rule for that.

Danielle

Post#8 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:31 am

I would say don't be a **** is a good rule we can adapt. It will cover all sorts of fun things like morale stacking outside of a fight.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
katroulitsa

Post#9 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Dabbart wrote:1. Meh. If they have spent the time and energy, they can spend their RR however they want. CW/RD isn't an instant win... Edit: Also, my rr24 RP uses CW... So lvling the playingfield is a strange arguement..

2. I disagree entirely. If you show up to fight, you fight. Now, if someone DCs thats another matter. But just cause your losing doesn't you you get to decide when to stop. The Bear decides when to stop. I would support a die to wipe. What do you care if you die? the team deserves the gain/loot for the kill if they manage it.

my thoughts
My thoughts exactly. Some classes are just impossible to play w/o CW.
@OP: Great idea, voted for Sunday :)
Inav
Semya

Eathisword

Post#10 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Dabbart wrote:1. Meh. If they have spent the time and energy, they can spend their RR however they want. CW/RD isn't an instant win... Edit: Also, my rr24 RP uses CW... So lvling the playingfield is a strange arguement..

my thoughts
1. Probably. In my mind RD/CW have a function in RvR because of the unpredictability of it. But in 6v6, there is nothing unpredictable. If you didn't see it coming, you failed and should lose. I mean, in 6v6, those abilities are a crutch for bad positioning/anticipation. 6v6 is supposed to be a skill event. Not a who's the got the most get out of jail free cards event.

2. I don't care about dying. I just think waving a fight off is perfectly ok. 6v6, in my mind, is a skill event, if 3 people are dead, its over. Why bother to kill em all, then wait for em to come back, for like 1k renown divided by 6 and one green drop ? You don't keep playing a spread offense and score TDs when you lead 51-0 at the end of the 4th quarter, you take a knee and run the clock down. Its just good sport.

My 2 cents. Nothing more.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.