Recent Topics

Ads

Dwarfs vs Chaos 24vs24 - 12.07.2017

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Haojin

Re: Dwarfs vs Chaos 24vs24 - TODAY PLAYERS NEEDED!

Post#71 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 am

Kragg wrote:Thanks for the battle, Phalanx. Well played!
It wasn't Phalanx, it was Chaos !
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Blutaar29x

Post#72 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Cutullu - Gitullu - Cutullo

PHALANX

CountTalabecland

Post#73 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 pm

We all knew how this was going to go with the morale and melee train. Would not recommend doing again unless it can actually be a competition. Good idea in concept but Order just doesn't have the meta for it currently.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

footpatrol2

Post#74 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Incorrect morale gain rates and mountain spirit being only 10 sec's really hurts dwarves. Dwarves can't use any of their morale bombs but it don't hugely matter due to chaos's close range morale drain. Mountain spirit being 30 sec's like it used to be would have helped with correct morale gain. 100% open field fighting is also a bad idea for dwarves. Dwarves like chokepoint fighting but so does chaos.

Trying to fight chaos in close combat is just a bad idea.

It would be interesting to see a chaos warband try and take a keep from a dwarf warband without the postern door bypass.

Its still a bad match up from a game perspective and lore perspective. Chaos stomps dwarves from a lore perspective once they get close and it is represented in this game also.

I think some races hard counter others. I think high elves hard counter chaos. Empire vs Chaos should be a long eternal fight thou.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurandilaz

Post#75 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Empire warband could work well IMO. Just stack those Bws :D

Glorian

Post#76 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Close Range Moral drain I can confirm. ;)

footpatrol2

Post#77 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:03 pm

I think the really good fights are going to be between their respective match ups.
High elves vs Dark elves would be a good fight.
Greenskinz vs Dwarves would be a good fight,
Chaos vs Empire would be a good fight.

When you cross race fight You'll see some races get stomped by others I suspect by game design also.

Greenskinz vs High elves would be a eternal fight mainly due to instant rezing but with a slight favor to High elves.

Chaos vs High elves is a bad match up for Chaos. This is from a lore perspective and from a table top perspective which is represented in this game.

Greenskinz vs Empire assuming correct morale gain rates the fight is in favor of greenskinz.

Dwarves stomp the crap out of Dark elves in the tabletop and I suspect it would be the same here but you need the correct morale gain rates and the defensive morale cycle's to be restored. Without it dwarves are gimpy.

You have to fully restore the game to actually see what these races can do. But the community thinks everything is about mixed and the community thinks morale bombs is bad also which it isn't so... we can't have nice things.

I think a lot of what applied to the tabletop fantasy game is represented in this game at one time. Its a multi million dollar idea.

Haojin

Post#78 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:48 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:We all knew how this was going to go with the morale and melee train. Would not recommend doing again unless it can actually be a competition. Good idea in concept but Order just doesn't have the meta for it currently.
btw we didn't use damage morales until the certain victory. both 2 first rounds won by pure dps/aura advantage. the third round dwarfs played better with spreading out to neglect the bomb damage.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#79 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Haojin wrote:
CountTalabecland wrote:We all knew how this was going to go with the morale and melee train. Would not recommend doing again unless it can actually be a competition. Good idea in concept but Order just doesn't have the meta for it currently.
btw we didn't use damage morales until the certain victory. both 2 first rounds won by pure dps/aura advantage. the third round dwarfs played better with spreading out to neglect the bomb damage.
From what I saw you guys just played very good in terms of synergy/synching abilities. Cool fights, nonetheless.

Tesq

Post#80 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:55 pm

think we all expected shittons of slayer ID, it gone differently