Recent Topics

Ads

6v6 SC leaderboard?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Unstoppable1776
Banned

6v6 SC leaderboard?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:57 am

Is it possible to create a 6v6 leaderboard from the SC. Would be cool if it was attached to the website.

Also in love there was renown statues in the cities that was really cool

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: 6v6 SC leaderboard?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:14 am

cool, can I have editing rights to the website so I can include it. I need some information from data base. Just give me the rights and I’ll do it.

zgolec

Post#3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:24 am

Yeah, screw new content, repairing bugs and shyt...

Most important thing is to grow e-peen. Hell yeah.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

shaggyboomboom

Post#4 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 am

zgolec wrote:Yeah, screw new content, repairing bugs and shyt...

Most important thing is to grow e-peen. Hell yeah.
I like this attitude

Glorian

Post#5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:28 am

Some data might to clear this: "destro losses allways in EU Prime, winns allways in US Prime" thing.

Also half of the forum shittalk is who killed whom when.
Some data from the Database is at least some kind of official data who are the best 6vs6 guys around.

Instead of e-peen it is a real incentive for the small scale teams here.

Nameless

Post#6 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:29 am

Scoreboards is one of the few ways to hold hardcore players when they fully max their toons. Such thing will just add one more thing to "grind" and master. So I cant understand why devs dont want to add that simple but effective tool into ror.

Not to mention that it is good way to wake the 6v6 premade scene
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 am

Nameless wrote:Scoreboards is one of the few ways to hold hardcore players when they fully max their toons. Such thing will just add one more thing to "grind" and master. So I cant understand why devs dont want to add that simple but effective tool into ror.

We've already tried to promote the 6v6 scene, only got a reply of "no".

szejoza

Post#8 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 am

Nameless wrote:Scoreboards is one of the few ways to hold hardcore players when they fully max their toons. Such thing will just add one more thing to "grind" and master. So I cant understand why devs dont want to add that simple but effective tool into ror.

I guess it requires workforce that they would rather put in fixing current game and developing new content. It's an alpha, there is too much stuff not working to try and implement stuff that will appeal to the small margin of the community.

Also, devs treat sc's as minigames and addition to the main game - ORvR, any sort of leaderboards would pull people from ORvR to do sc's which wouldn't be a healthy thing (especially in offpeak hours when there are like 200 people playing in total)
Spoiler:

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#9 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:41 am

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17825&hilit=Bloodbath
Remember this? Tried doing a ladder thing already (smaller format).
Do you really want to make a ladder for 4 premades that actually do 6v6? And only 1 guild that actively looks for these kind of fights?

Glorian

Post#10 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:50 am

szejoza wrote:

I guess it requires workforce that they would rather put in fixing current game and developing new content. It's an alpha, there is too much stuff not working to try and implement stuff that will appeal to the small margin of the community.

Also, devs treat sc's as minigames and addition to the main game - ORvR, any sort of leaderboards would pull people from ORvR to do sc's which wouldn't be a healthy thing (especially in offpeak hours when there are like 200 people playing in total)
Well answer to this would be to let it do someone who is not involved in the important stuff.
Or someone who is not on the team at all. ;)

Question 1 is though:
Is there even this data in the DB. Like recorded kills, won SCs or overal RR gain in RvR by playerID.
Or is it only in server logfiles.
If in the later you need to collect these.

Q2:
The Data can't be displayed instantly. That is then Business Intelligence stuff. Getting a dimension "time" in and aggregate the data on weekly or daily base. And then bring it into conjunction to Player name, or Guild name. For that usually you need some kind of rudimentary ETL to not put stress on the game DB by doing it on the game DB.